Thai govt backs off for now from single Internet gateway idea

webfact

Wow. Already 20 posts slamming the junta and not one "But, but, but....Thaksin" post! Of course, the junta isn't making it easy for the cheerleaders.

Just sayin'......coffee1.gif

Too true. It is not the same anymore. You miss the westerns who were for deposing popularly elected governments, freedom of speech and rule of law. Thaksin is no better or worse perhaps. The status quo in Thailand remains.

post-223396-0-92837000-1443755579_thumb.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Information and Communication Technology Minister Uttama Savanayana said the government would not infringe on the public's right to privacy and freedom of expression, as it was only reviewing the country's Internet gateways."

The fact that there even is an Information and Communication Technology Minister is an infringement on the public's right to privacy and freedom of expression.

I'm currently running 14 VPNs with only 23432 lost packets every 234234324.2342 gigs of data....

plus i use chrome incognito....

do dah do dah

coffee1.gif

Interesting, I am using 2 tins and a piece of string , has the same effect but download is terriblecheesy.gif

"But they said the plan would no longer be called a single gateway, although they did not say what the new name would be."

Right. So we will just try to pull off the same B.S but just call it something else. What is that old Thai saying, sprinkle it with coriander?

A single gateway is suspect , what was the intention, why was it suggested , to what purpose, what advantages , disadvantages has a single gateway have, none of these have been addressed , just the same old Thai roll out and there is a Junta running the country , adds up to one purpose and one purpose only, they must think people are dumb , gullible and silly not to read their intentions.coffee1.gif

At this stage, he said the ministry would not take legal action against the DDoS wrongdoers although such a practice was illegal.

Wow so magnanimous , I'm speechless !

Illegal? You mean like prostitution? Well we certainly can't tolerate anything illegal now can we?

A single gateway is suspect , what was the intention, why was it suggested , to what purpose, what advantages , disadvantages has a single gateway have, none of these have been addressed , just the same old Thai roll out and there is a Junta running the country , adds up to one purpose and one purpose only, they must think people are dumb , gullible and silly not to read their intentions.coffee1.gif

They do think people are dumb, well they think they are so smart anyway. They would probably fall for some nonsense like this themselves, so they can't imagine that anybody else wouldn't. The problem is with being stupid is that everybody know you are stupid except for you.

Thanks to Thai people taking action against this idea! Keep up

The internet community has more power then any of the government people can imagine!

that's also the reason why they want to turn down the privacy on internet activities!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really hoping they were going to arrest all the internet hooligans and send them to secret camps for attitude readjustment.

We could have all lit our cigars and gas stoves a thousand kilometers from the flash THAT nuke would have created.

thumbsup.gif

Some people just cannot post a comment without mentioning the fact that the Junta "deposed an elected government" or that stupid line -

"But, but, but....Thaksin".................

I think this internet gateway business is just another red herring, similar to the submarine shopping list. Must be just about time that story "resurfaced". whistling.gif

Some people just cannot post a comment without mentioning the fact that the Junta "deposed an elected government" or that stupid line -

"But, but, but....Thaksin".................

I think this internet gateway business is just another red herring, similar to the submarine shopping list. Must be just about time that story "resurfaced". whistling.gif

Curses! Spoke too soon.

I'm currently running 14 VPNs with only 23432 lost packets every 234234324.2342 gigs of data....

plus i use chrome incognito....

do dah do dah

coffee1.gif

Interesting, I am using 2 tins and a piece of string , has the same effect but download is terriblecheesy.gif

chainarong, be careful the Government does not cut your string and re-route it through their servers ! biggrin.png

Military Autocrats like the self imposed PM do not like it when there is resistance to their plans.

This is far from dead in the water.

Like the Minister said, we are just going to call it something else.

The Prayut Gateway or maybe the ONLY Gateway. Seems to be better aligned to his style as Supreme Ruler.

Hilarious. Even when it is RIGHT IN YOUR FACE that the Junta are more concerned about what the people think than the last lot of dirty cronies ever were, you STILL won't accept it.

Open your eyes, stop humming 'keep the red flag flying' to yourself with your fingers in your ears and wake up.

You just got proved completely wrong so the best advice is to keep quiet until we all forget.

I have said repeatedly that the gateway would not happen because Prayuth actually cares what people think - he just has little clue about technology and the modern world. The last lot would have forced it through then told the press to stop asking them questions. I remember them sending a delegation to Japan to try and get access to everyone's LINE messages ... and got laughed out of the country.

Is the single gateway internet for Thailand a move by the military towards Chinise interests and another set back for America? The big picture? China looking for allies? Here's a cable fiber optic gateway recently opened with Americas help. http://www.asia-america-gateway.com/. China needs allies in South East Asia as its loses favor with Vietnam and the Phillipines.

"Uttama said the single-gateway concept was the prime minister's idea as he wanted to ensure that young people who used the Internet were shielded from abuse."

Are children's minds being abused when they are allowed to play online war games to be convinced that blowing up other people, killing them are nothing more than fun games?

LIES LIES LIES...You have no choice but to back-off, We obviously know what your up to. Look at the faces of those miserable and oppressive government officials. Your not going to pass anything like this EVER. Stick your biometrics, SIM registration. ASEAN and Internet surveillance where the sun doesn't shine...that's where they'll be most useful.

Edited by freedom4life

That it was even thought of in the first place indicates that this govt is not getting rational and sane advice. That it was handled in such a sneaky fashion indicates this govt wanted to bring the concept to the point of execution before advising the people, dealing them a fait accompli. That no one in the govt is talking of dropping the idea completely (a new name?) indicates this govt is only waiting until the heat dies down before moving stealthily ahead with it. Don't anyone believe for one moment that this folly is ended - I believe it won't come to fruition, but that will require a lot more opposition of the DDoS kind to defeat it.

"That it was handled in such a sneaky fashion..."

No.no. The junta is not sneaky! Only the previous elected governments have sneakily been trying to sneak through a sneaky amnesty bill, but what the junta is doing is not sneaky, it's.........OK, help me out herecoffee1.gif

No this was sneaky.. just as bad as what the previous bunch of crooks did.