Vestas Denmark secures huge windmill order from Thailand

webfact

Notice how no info about costs or when this project was approved. It makes me wonder if when this info finally does come to light just how much corruption is involved. I hope their was none and costs are not overly exaggerated. But I have yet to see this not happen in thailand

Denmark has the least corruption in the world. Source http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

Im from Denmark and i can say if vestas is found doing corruption they will die as a company.

I am Denise to and have stock in vestas. I don't think you are right in that statement. How can Mærsk and otter Big denish Company svimming so god the most corrupt places in the world without paying corruption tax?

Like Bjarne Ris was winning tour the France without doping?

Remember it is not long time ago Denish company got tax deduct from corruption payd on the Danish tax bills...

Remember, when you are in Rome, do like the Romans.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news!

There's unlimited energy in wind and it's without any kind of risk at all,so it's studid not to use it.

Wind-,solar- and wave-energy,is the future.

No risks at all,is a good reason to use that kind of energy..

Instead of paying oil-countries your money,you'll keep them in your own country,that's another good reason.

Oil is a old and outdated energysource.

But that's just my opinion :-)

"You can't create energy,but you can convert it"

From the amount of energy needed to make the concrete for the windmill base to the numbers

of birds and bats killed by windmills I think on closer inspection windmills are not nearly as

environmentally friendly as promoters would have you believe. They do have a limited useful

life span and like ethanol production for gasoline many studies conclude when taking all aspects

of windmill production and installation vs electricity generation in there life time the amount of

energy used makes most windmills, net energy negative. They are only viable because the rate

paid per KWH is such a premium and there manufacture is heavily subsidized. So windmills

except for in the windiest places are more green wash than truly green energy. At least that is

what I have read. (And that is from GREEN advocates not the coal industry.) sad.png

Light houses are also responsible for a number of bird deaths each year.

And they have concrete bases too!! beatdeadhorse.gif

Hi,

1.Vestas did come with a cheap offer due to Asia is going to a bigger marked the next few year. That is why not the Chineese.

2. Nothing to with coruption. The The customer company has good tax advantage due to green energy. And no import tax.

3. The customer will install the turbines them self under supervision. Like done in China.Vestas provide supervision.

4. There is enough wind , as messurement has been ongoing for 2 years. Do only require 5 m/s to produce power.

5. It is a 1.8 MW turbine and it electricity will be transferred into a substation.

And i know what i am talking about. Been working in the industri for 14 years and inside Vestas.

1. Correct..it went out to competitive tender.

2. Correct

3. I belive a thai contractor will install the turbines. Vestas will supply, commission and test.

4. Correct

5. Correct.

As far as I know, these turbines are part of a scam in many parts of Europe. They forget to tell you that you need 4000 hours of adequate wind yearly to make these things worthwhile.

So where's the windy city in Thailand where you have that kind of potential?

"Wind turbines generate electrical energy when they are not shut down for maintenance, repair, or tours and the wind is between about 8 and 55 mph. Below a wind speed of around 30 mph, however, the amount of energy generated is very small." from https://www.wind-watch.org/faq-output.php

Wind turbines are also UGLY. They will doubtless be implanted in the middle of Nature reserves, together with the accompanying access roads. Convincing people to insulate their homes and factories might be a start, I shudder to think what the air conditioning bills for the malls all over Thailand cost.

I'm calling potential for scam on this one.

I don't think wind turbines are ugly; it's a personal opinion.

I've read the thread but I don't get where are you getting scam from. This will not be the first wind farm in Thailand, there's others in chaiyaphum and near khao yai that I can think of. What scam are you thinking of here?

As far as I know, these turbines are part of a scam in many parts of Europe. They forget to tell you that you need 4000 hours of adequate wind yearly to make these things worthwhile.

"Wind turbines generate electrical energy when they are not shut down for maintenance, repair, or tours and the wind is between about 8 and 55 mph. Below a wind speed of around 30 mph, however, the amount of energy generated is very small." from https://www.wind-watch.org/faq-output.php

Wind turbines are also UGLY. They will doubtless be implanted in the middle of Nature reserves, together with the accompanying access roads. Convincing people to insulate their homes and factories might be a start, I shudder to think what the air conditioning bills for the malls all over Thailand cost.

I've read the thread but I don't get where are you getting scam from. This will not be the first wind farm in Thailand, there's others in chaiyaphum and near khao yai that I can think of. What scam are you thinking of here?

Apart from the obvious you mean? I saw one local administration after another in Switzerland being bribed and deceived to accept turbines in their beautiful landscape. It is only after a few years that people realise what has been foisted onto them. post-130198-0-50215600-1443785406_thumb.

... is just one example (Mont Soleil).

Apart from the obvious you mean? I saw one local administration after another in Switzerland being bribed and deceived to accept turbines in their beautiful landscape. It is only after a few years that people realise what has been foisted onto them. attachicon.gifindex.jpg

Apart from seeing demons where there are known, you don't see to be knowledgeable of Thailands Power Development Plan...which includes gas power plants, coal power plants, WIND FARMS, solar farms...

Notice how no info about costs or when this project was approved. It makes me wonder if when this info finally does come to light just how much corruption is involved. I hope their was none and costs are not overly exaggerated. But I have yet to see this not happen in thailand

Seems like it's a private energy generation company? http://www.energyabsolute.co.th/index.php

Assume they'll wholesale to PEA? But it would be interesting to understand the legal ramifications of that arrangement, or maybe not?

The cost is about $ 3to 4 mill per 2MW turbine mill

I'm not 100% sure on this, maybe the vestas man on here can advise, but im pretty sure the developers in Thailand have to buy plots of land from private landowners (in this case I think they are mainly prawn farmers) to build the individual wind turbines, not from provincial administration as mentioned in the case of Switzerland.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

These two installations were part of Yingluck's sufficiency in energy plan developed in 2012. Good to see that the current government appreciates the long-range planning done for this renewable, clean energy source. It will help offset to a small degree the damage to Thailand's environment from seven new coal-fired power plants now planned by the government.

Apart from the obvious you mean? I saw one local administration after another in Switzerland being bribed and deceived to accept turbines in their beautiful landscape. It is only after a few years that people realise what has been foisted onto them. attachicon.gifindex.jpg

Apart from seeing demons where there are known, you don't see to be knowledgeable of Thailands Power Development Plan...which includes gas power plants, coal power plants, WIND FARMS, solar farms...

Now you seem to be an intelligent kind of fellow. My point is that wind turbines only work in WINDY countries.

What does the TPDP have to do with anything? Coal power plants? You support that also?

Now you seem to be an intelligent kind of fellow. My point is that wind turbines only work in WINDY countries.

What does the TPDP have to do with anything? Coal power plants? You support that also?

My point was wind farms are part of THE POWER PLAN here and there's nothing unusual about them. Further, people don't build (windfarms) if it ain't going to generate a profit for them so of course there's sufficient wind as factored in to the investment model. You seem to think the wind turbines already constructed here sit idle all year round and don't earn money for the developer and contribute electricity to the national grid.

My personal opinion on coal fire plants is not relevant to this thread is it.

"Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas have received an order of 126 megawatts for a big wind-power project in Thailand."

That's a lot of blow and jobs for Thais.

I doubt if Vestas are gonna hire thais - for obvious reasons ... gigglem.gif

Which are ?....give us the benefit of your many years experience working in Thai industry ?

Sam seems to think that no Thais will be involved in any construction/installation.

Perhaps Vestas will bring in a few Bangladeshis and the odd Khmer?

Reasons aren't obvious Sam, plenty of well built facilities in this country built by Thais.

Knock harder next time.

These things are a Bloody eyes saw, We have 1000s of them Near us In the UK, I live on the East Coast, we have them in the Sea and on the land < the ones in the sea are killing sea birds that fly into them. ,

Edited by Thongkorn

My point was wind farms are part of THE POWER PLAN here and there's nothing unusual about them. Further, people don't build (windfarms) if it ain't going to generate a profit for them so of course there's sufficient wind as factored in to the investment model. You seem to think the wind turbines already constructed here sit idle all year round and don't earn money for the developer and contribute electricity to the national grid.

People DO build these things even if there is no profit in them, you really don't get it, do you? It's a scam in a country like Thailand, not enough wind. I used to drive past a wind farm in Switzerland every day and most of the time they weren't working. There is something unusual about that.

People DO build these things even if there is no profit in them, you really don't get it, do you? It's a scam in a country like Thailand, not enough wind. I used to drive past a wind farm in Switzerland every day and most of the time they weren't working. There is something unusual about that.

You've clearly been here 5 minutes if you think they'd build a major investment like a 70no wind turbine farm if they aint going to make a profit; the project financiers don't loan the dosh if it ain't going to make money. Get real will ya!

Well, we all know of the beauty of a coal fired station. The trains and trucks needed to deliver the coal, the grace, the charm as the steam and fumes enter the atmosphere.

Apart from the much -publicised CO2 problem, little is said about the mercury in coal effluent. This settles in fields and soil, or is blown over the sea. It becomes part of the food chain. Soon the current recommended maximum of sea food once a week will extend to once in two weeks, as the mercury levels rise.

Many more birds and humans will suffer if coal continues to be used as an energy source, than if some birds fly into a wind turbine. It's a hazard which already exists with solar steam generators when they fly into the focal point of the mirrors, and also those which fly into light houses.

"Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas have received an order of 126 megawatts for a big wind-power project in Thailand."

That's a lot of blow and jobs for Thais.

Well blow me away who would have thought this kind of progress would come to Thailand. There may be hope for clean energy here yet.

I like these sources of free power . I also like seeing old wooden windmills . Is there that much difference. The wooden ones didn't generate volts but that is not the issue.What about waterwheels they did the same as windmills, if a fast lowing river had brand new high grade plastic or aluminium waterwheels to produce power would people say " Not as good as the wooden ones in days gone by ". Water and wind power is good , oh and now we are getting electric cars.................problem there is a lot of energy is used to make them. Oh well I did give my 25 Satangs worth. Off out for lunch.

Thailand generally has very little wind, especially during the hot season when energy demand is the highest. Unless they are defining 'huge' as a couple of dozen, this project will be a failure.

Thailand has an abundance of solar energy in every province! They should invest in mass production of cheap solar panels and put them on the roofs of every government building.

Great news!

There's unlimited energy in wind and it's without any kind of risk at all,so it's studid not to use it.

Instead of paying oil-countries your money,you'll keep them in your own country,that's another good reason.

"Unlimited energy in the wind" yep, that's what the Vikings said. So why did they need so many rowers?

Seems like it's a private energy generation company? http://www.energyabsolute.co.th/index.php

Assume they'll wholesale to PEA? But it would be interesting to understand the legal ramifications of that arrangement, or maybe not?

The cost per MW is roughly $1,2 mill per MW.

Many time they lease land and owner get yearly fee.

In good wind conditions the turbines can pay them self of in 5 years.

These conditions are probably arround 8-9 years. There is happen a lot since they needed a lot of wind to produce. Today full production can be at 9-10 m/s.

If there is no wind , then be sure they will not build them.

Only issue will be if the locals will keep them serviced so they do not break down( machine faillure)

Vestas will educate local people to run them.

The cost per MW is roughly $1,2 mill per MW.

Many time they lease land and owner get yearly fee.

In good wind conditions the turbines can pay them self of in 5 years.

These conditions are probably arround 8-9 years. There is happen a lot since they needed a lot of wind to produce. Today full production can be at 9-10 m/s.

If there is no wind , then be sure they will not build them.

Only issue will be if the locals will keep them serviced so they do not break down( machine faillure)

Vestas will educate local people to run them.

Yes, they do need maintenance.

If not, this might happen:

http://www.archipelagofiles.com/2014/03/this-photo-of-two-engineers-hugging.html

post-119133-0-70556200-1443867879_thumb.

Great news!

Sometimes the wings fly off and just land near them or they burn out, they are huge! Also they eat birds for lunch.

I would think that Thailand better goes for solar power like the Germans and Swedes do on large scale. I never noticed much wind here.