Hotshots shut?

LannaGuy

Yup. Closed a few months ago. And Bubble Disco next door. And a few other places too. Part of the new strategy to encourage more tourists to Chiang Mai. You can go but you cant enjoy yourself and must retire to bed around 11.30 !! ..........Hang on a minute, shurely shomething wrong ????!!!!

I normally go to bed around 10pm and rise at 5am. I really enjoy my life here. Hotshots is not the reason why I live here.

So? Why are you posting this? Are those of us who stay up after 10pm supposed to feel ashamed and guilty? Are we not following the laws of human nature by not curling up into our beds when the sky goes dark? I did that when I was 5 and it was boring!

Get a life !!!

I normally go to bed around 10pm and rise at 5am. I really enjoy my life here. Hotshots is not the reason why I live here.

Thanks for sharing but your sleeping habits are not to do with my post. Some of us like to go out occasionally and I was surprised to see it shut

If I am not in bed by 10p.m. ........I give up and go home.whistling.gif

haha well a few years back Hotshots was a great place with tons loose woman wandering around but as it didn't get going until 12 I'd put 4 hours on top of that 10pm guideline

BTW haven't things changed? we used to go Hotshots at 12 and Spicy at 2

Now Spicy shuts at 12.45 (for the 1am clampdown) and last night Yellow shut at 12 obviously all part of the Good General's "Happiness" campaign

As I have said elsewhere.. its not just the bars and clubs directly.. The late night street food is vanishing fast too..

Thailand has such a large undocumented labor force, its hard to really get a handle on what kind of numbers are being affected. But its more than just a few bars..

Theres a slower vibe around nimman too... Last night sat in house of wines and the small bar over from it (outside pickles or whatever) didnt have a single customer all night and closed down just after 11.. Thats a Friday night straight after end of month payday.

As I have said elsewhere.. its not just the bars and clubs directly.. The late night street food is vanishing fast too..

Thailand has such a large undocumented labor force, its hard to really get a handle on what kind of numbers are being affected. But its more than just a few bars..

Theres a slower vibe around nimman too... Last night sat in house of wines and the small bar over from it (outside pickles or whatever) didnt have a single customer all night and closed down just after 11.. Thats a Friday night straight after end of month payday.

Yes, can confirm this being about every type of place. I was in Pai.......Pai, sleepy rural town, almost village size, and the boys in blue ( or brown) had two distinct levels of harrassment. At 10pm they forced closure of all the onstreet food vendors selling dangerous products like Waffles and Spring Rolls, and at 11.30 they moved on to enforce closure of all bars and restaurants.

The other point of sadness was the way they closed them, the jackboot style, loud words, aggressive attitudes etc. Even the watching Chinese were perplexed by what they were seeing.

I generally go to bed at 2.00am and wake up midday. Who cares?

I do wish they had an unlike button on these threads.

Jesus, the guy just makes a comment about his personal preference and people start dogpiling him. Amazing....

Maybe this is because this thread should have been closed after the first reply: asked and answered. All that follows is just fodder (including this post).

So? Why are you posting this? Are those of us who stay up after 10pm supposed to feel ashamed and guilty? Are we not following the laws of human nature by not curling up into our beds when the sky goes dark? I did that when I was 5 and it was boring!

Get a life !!!

I suspect he is like me in a way. I don't turn in until 2:00 AM but I don't have to have my brain all fuzzed up to have a good time.

If it was as hard for me as it is for most of the posters I would just start earlier.

Yup. Closed a few months ago. And Bubble Disco next door. And a few other places too. Part of the new strategy to encourage more tourists to Chiang Mai. You can go but you cant enjoy yourself and must retire to bed around 11.30 !! ..........Hang on a minute, shurely shomething wrong ????!!!!

Hotshots had been dying a slow death for the last couple of years, and after they re-arranged everything inside a year or so ago, it was all but empty on the handful of times I stopped by. Bubbles, ditto.

Part of some big government strategy? Part of not having any customers is more like it.

Hotshots had been dying a slow death for the last couple of years, and after they re-arranged everything inside a year or so ago, it was all but empty on the handful of times I stopped by. Bubbles, ditto.

Part of some big government strategy? Part of not having any customers is more like it.

Customers started disappearing all over Chiang Mai about the time of Suthep's protests. Since then curfews, martial law, and midnight closings seem to be doing a good job of keeping them away.

I generally go to bed at 2.00am and wake up midday. Who cares?

I do wish they had an unlike button on these threads.

second that mate,

Yes, can confirm this being about every type of place. I was in Pai.......Pai, sleepy rural town, almost village size, and the boys in blue ( or brown) had two distinct levels of harrassment. At 10pm they forced closure of all the onstreet food vendors selling dangerous products like Waffles and Spring Rolls, and at 11.30 they moved on to enforce closure of all bars and restaurants.

The other point of sadness was the way they closed them, the jackboot style, loud words, aggressive attitudes etc. Even the watching Chinese were perplexed by what they were seeing.

Theres been a bit of backlash (even an online social media campaign) that the BMA are closing down the Soi 38 street food stalls in bangkok.. Which are well known and well loved.

Differing reports say its developers wanting to redevelop and others that its part of an overall cleanup of street markets and things. I know Thailand has this idea it wants to be a big singapore but is it really what people on the ground, locals and visitors alike, really want..

That vibrant street economy is and always has been a huge part of this mysterious 'thainess'.. The way they are trying to blanket stamp out so many aspects of the society without any real debate or discussion. Bars are just one example of a shift thats maybe less appealing than they think it is.

I was just asking about Hotshots but things are not good everywhere and Thais i know are saying (rightly or wrongly) things were better under Thaksin

When you look at the numbers, they are staggering.. 38% drop in annual foreign direct investment.. a 5% contraction of exports (in an export dominated economy).. the recent closure of the steel mills overseas and restructuring of debt for 2 of thailands biggest lenders... etc etc etc..

There are natural headwinds right now, water for crops, a sluggish global economy, etc.. But those are the numbers of an economy with deep problems and no cohesive plan to tackle them..

But "we dont like thaksin" is the answer to every issue..

Not everyone is so old they forgot what fun and life is all about.

Fun isn't exclusively found after midnight at Hotsots. If life is about Hotshots, I am certainly missing out.

I was just asking about Hotshots but things are not good everywhere and Thais i know are saying (rightly or wrongly) things were better under Thaksin

Well what a surprise to read that.

well is it true? is it? yes it is

anyway enough threads on that let's stick to Hotshots closure and I was wrong to introduce the bogey man in this thread so my mistake apologies

anyway enough threads on that let's stick to Hotshots closure and I was wrong to introduce the bogey man in this thread so my mistake apologies

apology accepted

Not everyone is so old they forgot what fun and life is all about.

Fun isn't exclusively found after midnight at Hotsots. If life is about Hotshots, I am certainly missing out.

You're over 70, hotshots and night clubs aren't for you.

Why are you even posting in this thread?

apology accepted

Writing for yourself one assumes?

Writing for yourself one assumes?

ah Baerboxer always the gracious one...

Lanna Guy please stop being so predictable. There's no need to mention Thaksin in every thread - after all, he has nothing to do with Hotshots. We all know by now that you dislike the current regime and have a major soft spot for the Shinawatra clan - duly noted by all and sundry, I would imagine.