Decent Karoke in Chiang Mai?

banagan

Hi guys, wondering if there is any decent Karoke places in Chiang Mai, criteria... may be asking too much here

Private rooms

Not full of bar girls

Decent selection of western tracks

Dont get me wrong, not judging places full of bar girls, but say you have a mixed group and you just want to have a bit of fun, and not miles out of town... near the old town would be good.

Cheers

Lots of pretty girls also that just share your beer for no extra costs

How do these girls make money?

Are they on a monthly salary?

I live on Changklan so I regularly pass a few karaoke shops and there must be 20 girls on duty each night, but I hardly ever see any customers, and they’re open what, 5-6 hours/day? Not to mention that 3 of those close to me are often closed for longer periods at a time, which includes pretty much all of last week and this week as well.

Lots of pretty girls also that just share your beer for no extra costs

How do these girls make money?

Are they on a monthly salary?

I live on Changklan so I regularly pass a few karaoke shops and there must be 20 girls on duty each night, but I hardly ever see any customers, and they’re open what, 5-6 hours/day? Not to mention that 3 of those close to me are often closed for longer periods at a time, which includes pretty much all of last week and this week as well.

The earn money when you rent them for a few hours and give them some tip for good service and singing.wink.png

How do these girls make money? Are they on a monthly salary?

The earn money when you rent them for a few hours and give them some tip for good service and singing.wink.png

Are you confirming that they get no salary from the establishment?

Really makes me wonder how the shops are able to keep these girls around, as I said, I hardly ever see any customers, but I see 20 or so girls on duty, yet they are there for only 5-6 hours, and at least some of these shops are periodically closed for days/weeks.

It does however make me understand why we so often read about inflated bills, because with so little time to make money and so few customers, it doesn’t seem like a lucrative business.

How do these girls make money? Are they on a monthly salary?

Are you confirming that they get no salary from the establishment?

Really makes me wonder how the shops are able to keep these girls around, as I said, I hardly ever see any customers, but I see 20 or so girls on duty, yet they are there for only 5-6 hours, and at least some of these shops are periodically closed for days/weeks.

It does however make me understand why we so often read about inflated bills, because with so little time to make money and so few customers, it doesn’t seem like a lucrative business.

No i am not confirming.

They may have a regular start salary like some of the bar girls have also.

Not every bar or karaoke works the same so it depends on the owner and the girl what kind of deal they worked out.

They got to be on a salary, and a fairly good one, otherwise they wouldn't all show up at 6pm all dolled up and ready to go.

You can run bars and fill it with girls without paying a salary, but then it better be a really busy bar, great opportunity for commissions, tips and tricks, and it would still be anyone's guess what time they show up. That's barely feasible in Chiang Mai.

And there's middle ground: some bars pay a 'salary' that's barely minimum wage; it's more of an end-of-month bonus/encouragement to show up on time, most of the time.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai