Any Go Kart Racing Around Bkk ?

Was given a brochure last week at the BTS for karting.

Says opening March 2004 and open daily 12:00 - 02:00.

The track is indoor and air-conditioned. Located at RCA Plaza, 2nd floor above Tops.

Also have a contact number on the brochure : 02 031 2057

Looks like it's called ptt Speedway - guess the gas company is involved.

The brochure is for 100 baht discount, but not sure what the fees are. You could try calling.

If you go, let us know what it's like. I kept the brochure because I'm interested in going as well - formula 1 fan etc.

not 100% sure, but if what i've been told is correct, you actually pay for track time and kart rental individually. Its something like 500b for 1 days track time, and maybe 1000b for a days kart rental. Cant remember exactly, but I think thats about right.

Its the place to go though for sure, the one @ RCA is supposed to be european style, more of a fairground ride than serious fun..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the rentals at srinakarin are tuned down,so you can't peak the rpm

track rental is 500 bahtper day

the kart rental varies, depending what chassis you pick, but they use the same engine

if you want an good-performing one, i know someone who can sell his own chassis, and a yamaha kt100 clutchless engine

he makes a manual foru-speed sequential dune-buggy with a roll cage and a recaro seat. it will be around 100,000 baht, but it'sgreat ifyoucan find a trail.

I've raced at a track on outskirts of bkk..the one behind seacon square, I think(I'll confirm this with the guy I went with)..

we just turned up..hired the karts and gear and went out...its a big outside track and fast...runoff areas of grass and then some ditches(!!!) to make sure you stop.

er,,,didn't see any medical back up....thailand style...go round within your limits...(also I think any holiday insurance is invalidated because you are racing..??)

can't remember cost accurately..but it wasn't dear.. and after about 20 minutes we were beat.

several pro- racers there...they weren't sent out while we were there...more for their own sake than ours, I am sure.

Its quite a big step up from the lawn-mowered engine karts in europe.

(also been round a track in samui..they had a selection of 3 karts..lawn-mower, twin lawn-mower, and 2 stroke pro-kart...if you want to take the pro kart the boss wants to see a couple of laps in the twin kart first)