Page and a half left on passport.

whistling.gif Not sure of your nationality.

But my U/S. passport was renewed at U.S. embassy in Bangkok this year 6 months before expiration.

Still had empty pages.

Applied and paid fee on 26 May, new passport was ready 5 June and picked it up same day at U.S embassy.

They send you an email when new passport is ready for pickup.

When you apply they tell you to expect 2 weeks before you receive new passport ready but in my experience only 9 days

and it was ready.

They give you a receipt/ notice to show while you wait for the new passport.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Why do people always wait till their passport is full so they have no more pages left for a visa / extension or stamp(s).

Still have only 4 pages left, get a new one - it's is that simple whistling.gif

Edited by Cloggie
  • Like 1

To enter Laos you need one full page and place for entry/exit stamps - they take about 1/5 of page(20%) and they do not need to be together.

If you come by flight to VT and you are lucky - one young lady stamps visa sticker on sticker(on her own understanding without asking)- wink,wink...

normaly - round visa stamp is on sticker border,part of it - on edge of page(right side or left).Because you want Thai visa there - you have no other choice - just go to your embassy and get new document.If you dont have embassy there - do not go to Laos,go somewhere else.

and have a lot of fun,dont worry they will not eat you.

To enter Laos you need one full page and place for entry/exit stamps - they take about 1/5 of page(20%) and they do not need to be together.

If you come by flight to VT and you are lucky - one young lady stamps visa sticker on sticker(on her own understanding without asking)- wink,wink...

normaly - round visa stamp is on sticker border,part of it - on edge of page(right side or left).Because you want Thai visa there - you have no other choice - just go to your embassy and get new document.If you dont have embassy there - do not go to Laos,go somewhere else.

if lao immigration put the visa and stamp in the good place i will have 2 or 3 free page , but i got only 1 now :(

Yes, a bit irr-respondsible to let your passport run out of pages :-)

You don't say what your passport is from?

If US, and in Chiang Mai, you can make an appointment with the US Consulate online, and they can add extra pages to your passport, I did this last year...sorry forgot what they charge for the service, but easy and painless, and in 30-60 mins, you're out the door. :-)

if lao immigration put the visa and stamp in the good place i will have 2 or 3 free page , but i got only 1 now :(
Did you ask the IOs to use a specific page or just let them choose?

Most IOs will stamp the page you ask them to if there is enough space.

I do, they usually do :)

I had to renew my passport (in Thailand) once as it had 1 full page remaining (and 3 years validity) after I arrived (due to an excessive number of full page visas from various countries I'd been working in or travelling through and at the time, Canadian "personal" passports only had 24 pages and were valid for just 5 years).

The day after I arrived I went to the Embassy, applied for a new passport (a "business" one with 48 pages) and 12 days later it was ready for pick up. Haven't managed to fill the last 2 I've gone through and the new ones are good for 10 years (but only 36 pages). Normally (in Canada) they don't like to renew it unless it has less than a year remaining (or is full, or is damaged) but there are exceptions to the rule.

I actually had one passport issued, in Canada, the same day I applied for it, because I'd been denied boarding for a flight the evening before as my old passport had 6 months remaining on it - the day I was boarding the flight - but would have been 1 day under 6 months - the day I arrived at my destination - so the airline wouldn't let me on the flight. I had to scramble to get all the paperwork done and submitted by 10:30 (including a memo about why I needed an "expedited" passport) and at 15:30 they called me to let me know it was ready for pick up (spent almost $400 just in taxi fares alone that day by the time it was done) but at least I was able to fly out that night and get back to work on time !

This gets me thinking. I still have 4 years left on my American passport, but have only 4 pages left. I am thinking that I need to get more pages at my embassy. Am I correct? Why get new passport now with the aggravation of tranferring my retirement and muli-entry visas.

This gets me thinking. I still have 4 years left on my American passport, but have only 4 pages left. I am thinking that I need to get more pages at my embassy. Am I correct? Why get new passport now with the aggravation of tranferring my retirement and muli-entry visas.

You can have pages added to your passport until the 1st of January after that date they will longer be doing them.

Info for getting them done is here. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/add_extra_visa_pages_us_passport.html

Yes, a bit irr-respondsible to let your passport run out of pages :-)

You don't say what your passport is from?

If US, and in Chiang Mai, you can make an appointment with the US Consulate online, and they can add extra pages to your passport, I did this last year...sorry forgot what they charge for the service, but easy and painless, and in 30-60 mins, you're out the door. :-)

I guess you missed this:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/090115_message_to_us_citizens.html

"After December 31, 2015, the Department of State will no longer add extra visa pages to U.S. passports."

As a US citizen, it is a bit "irr-respondsible" (whatever that means) to not be signed up with the US State Department Smart Traveler Program when abroad to get important updates (such as above) and warnings emailed to you directly.

And so the pot has met the kettle...

US State Dept Smart Traveler Enrollment Program Signup Link

https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Citizenship.aspx

I only said my passport was done last year with no problem.

It is tough enough to keep up with policy changes for Thailand, never mind our own passports being issued :-)

It seems no one has any updates on Thailand's rules and restrictions with immigration, until you are there, and they either do it or not with any visas :-( No matter what has been experienced here or not? They do it this way, local office, another different :-(

There's another reply on US passports, and said still will add pages till January 1st, I assumed that is 1/1/2016, or by the 31st of December sounds like the deadline to add?

Everyone here quotes on the visa issues when it was done via experience in person....anything else is hearsay :-) If anyone seeks advice here, forget it, even the Thai reps at immigration seem lost within their own policies, rules, and restrictions :-(

Hopefully, I'll be gone by 2022, so will not worry about this shit :-)

No, not anymore - they won't put additional pages in a passport - changed somtime last two years or so.............thy will get you a new passport.

BTW - only applies if you are American - just read where the OP is Irish ?? Find out from youre Embassy

Edited by TunnelRat69

No, not anymore - they won't put additional pages in a passport - changed somtime last two years or so.............thy will get you a new passport.

BTW - only applies if you are American - just read where the OP is Irish ?? Find out from youre Embassy

The American has until the end of this year to obtain extra pages.

As far as I am aware no other country will add additional pages to a PP and America will cease this practice as from Jan1 2016

i had a few extra pages, 5 years left.....so i sent in my $82 for the "big book".....

online they said it might take 6 weeks.....which is insane, but whatever....

yea, no more after this year....in fact, i think no more after mid-Dec since processing.....probably doesn't apply to stopping by in person. but look into it.

i'll try to remember to update you guys when i get it.

no ticket booked, yet.... so not crazy over it

Edited by puukao