Dermatologist?

austallia_1980

On the other hand, so to speak, you could use the oil from the can of olives you opened with your fingers, rub it into the scalp and voila: oily scalp.

(The iron from your finger's blood will add nutrients as well)

:D:D:D Sorry but I found that so hilariously funny - maybe I work too much - but... it was so funny!!! :D

Doesn't anybody else think that's funny? :D Nobody....? :D

:o

On the other hand, so to speak, you could use the oil from the can of olives you opened with your fingers, rub it into the scalp and voila: oily scalp.

(The iron from your finger's blood will add nutrients as well)

:D:D:D Sorry but I found that so hilariously funny - maybe I work too much - but... it was so funny!!! :D

Doesn't anybody else think that's funny? :D Nobody....? :D

:o

Very funny! I was going to say something like it but thats good enough :D

If you go to one of the rip off farang hospitals, don't be shocked if they order up a battery of tests and tell you have diabetes or cancer (it happened to me on a dry skin complaint).

You might try these things:

showering only in warm or cool water (no hot water)

cut out all soap, find sensitive skin non soap cleaning products (at Boots)

moisturize two times daily after shower with sensitive skin moisturizers (also at Boots) and never use lanolin

take Zyrtec once a night for two weeks, then every two or three days (this will help if you are allergic person)

Skin complaints (dry skin, rashes etc) are common with people moving from temperate climates to the hot and humid tropics.

Edited by Thaiquila

Because the original poster, Austallia 1980, only asked for the name of a dermatologist, not what to do about his dry skin condition, I did not wish to comment as I have no address for a dermatologist. Now that Thaiquila posted his advice I can say that I concur fully.

Austallia: dry skin as such is not a skin disease. You should ask yourself what is different from the place where you lived before and the place where you live now. Probably, in Thailand you shower or take a bath much more frequently, you use a different soap or shower gel or bath lotion, you spend more time in an air-conditioned environment with low relative humidity, air pollution is higher. If this is the case, there you have the cause of your dry skin.

Do what Thaiquila advises and your skin will get soft and smooth, and you won’t need to see a dermatologist.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

A number of my friends who have moved to Thailand have developed allergies, especially in Bangkok, even if they never had them before. It's a difficult thing for those who've never had them to admit to developing, especially if they've never had a chronic and incurable medical condition before. Frequently, dry skin or eczema is also an allergic symptom. By all means, see the dermatologist, but consider treatment for allergies in general (especially if you are also experiencing a constant cough or runny nose).

"Steven"