New passport stamp transfer at Phuket

madmitch

I got a new passport from the UK recently and entered Thailand using this, have been correctly stamped in but the extension of stay and multiple re-entry permits are in the old passport.

I need to get them transferred prior to doing my next 90 day report. It appears that the rules change from one immigration office to the next, according to the response to my post on the Visa etc. forum. So, has anyone done this at Phuket? Do I need an Embassy letter or is it not necessary as I already have an entry stamp which effectively authenticates my new passport? And what do I need to photocopy?

If no one comes up with a definitive answer I'll take my chances anyway and report back.

I have done this a few times without any letter from the embassy. However in my passport there is a sentence included: this passport with number 12345 replaces passport with number 23456.

A Canadian Passport?

Dutch.

You can get the letter from the British Embassy Consular Facility in BKK supplying them with old/new scans by email - return by EMS FOC- believe the procedure is now further simplified -check with them as to the current MO.

Did my transfer in Phuket Town 15 months ago and the letter was not required, however member Karenbravo reported that his/her agent required the letter at Phuket Town earlier this year.

No charges for transfer at Phuket Town.

Certainly with a new passport 90 day on line will be tricky.

Last time I was there for a 90 day, 2 months ago, it was pretty quiet.

Phuket town wanted copies of all old extensions plus original visa.

The letter confirming the passport renewal is required in case the new passport is totally blank (issued at the embassy in Thailand)

If the new passport is used to enter Thailand (has the entry stamp inside it) OR has the message in the passport that it is a replacement with the old passport number (for example the Dutch passport) the letter is not required.

I have also done it in Phuket. My Embassy provided a letter requesting Immigration to transfer my visa, actually I was on an extension of stay, to my new passport. There was no charge.

Only extensions of stay (and re-entry permit) are transferred.

Visa's are never transferred.

I have also done it in Phuket. My Embassy provided a letter requesting Immigration to transfer my visa, actually I was on an extension of stay, to my new passport. There was no charge.

Only extensions of stay (and re-entry permit) are transferred.

Visa's are never transferred.

The letter from my Embassy asked Thai Immigration for my visa to be transferred. The transfer stamp, which is the first stamp in my new passport, says; my old passport number, along with my Non O-A Visa to a Non RE extension, if you want to get picky...