Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US always believes everyone ELSE has the wrong strategy. My country used to listen to advice from other countries. For the last twenty years....they won't even listen to US voters.

You have no idea how sad that makes many of us. The banks own my country now, and rent it to wall street (no capital letters for those vulture capitalist thieves).

Insert crying icon here.

Russia , Syria , Iraq and Iran formed a coalition, hence the disapprovement fom US.

US basically does not know what to do and is "worried " to make a wrong move.

Russia has also mobilised 150 000 troops which are moving in.

If US cooperates it means US will have to lift all sanctions from Russia in few months if US does not it risks an all out war.

Putin once again outplayed Obama, for Russia it is win- win situation because either sanctions get lifted or oil prices go up.

Loss of life is no concern to Putin, as Russia does not play by western moral rules.

I don't think the US, nor the other coalition partners, will cooperate with Russia. Your last statement is the scary part. And 100% true. Putin does what he wants and doesn't care about the humanitarian issues. Sadly. Probably not a great trait for a world leader????

Too bad US opinion means less than zero in this situation, no matter how they try to spin it in the media... Russia was invited by Assad to defend Syria from US sponsored terrorists, both "moderate" rebels and ISIS... Of course the US is going to disagree with Moscow's tact in taking out their flunkies... This is a lose-lose situation for the US...

And everyone knows that there are no moderates.....Or what the call moderate is about the level of the Taliban....Maybe moderate in compare to IS but not for any western thinking person.

Russia , Syria , Iraq and Iran formed a coalition, hence the disapprovement fom US.

If US cooperates it means US will have to lift all sanctions from Russia in few months if US does not it risks an all out war.

Putin once again outplayed Obama, for Russia it is win- win situation because either sanctions get lifted or oil prices go up.

Loss of life is no concern to Putin, as Russia does not play by western moral rules.

Yes, absolutely brilliant post!

Ummm... to me, that makes it sound like he does play by western moral rules. Western nations only seem to care about loss of western lives. How many people have western nations killed in the Middle East the last couple of decades? One million? Two million? How many communities have they destroyed? How many hospitals have they bombed? The list is long.

Several nations in the Middle East have been reduced to rubble by western bombs and western supported terrorists. Millions have lost their homes, their jobs and their possibilities for a future. But that doesn't impress western politicians. It's all good for business.

Egypt is also looking at it. They don't like the radicals and have good contacts to Russia, but depend on the money from Saudi Arabia.

I don't think the US, nor the other coalition partners, will cooperate with Russia. Your last statement is the scary part. And 100% true. Putin does what he wants and doesn't care about the humanitarian issues. Sadly. Probably not a great trait for a world leader????

Yes, we can see how America cares about humanitarian issues with the recent bombing of the hospital in Afghanistan!

The Ruskies launched cruise missiles at Syria

Which with the DoD caused a mild hysteria.

They accuse the US of continuing the tragedy

And the US says they are using bad strategy

As the war news there gets wearier and wearier.

Well, let's get back to the original topic.

Some more details are here:

Edited by Barin

I am still wondering about Putin's ultimate motives. Obviously he won't be withdrawing from Syria for a long time. Israel's neighbours are Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Without Syria continually sabre rattling, maybe Israel will now be left in relative peace, as Russia has good relations with Israel. Very broadly stated.

Russia also has a problem with its Muslim inhabitants, just as in Europe many young men are going to ISIS for training and vowing to liberate Tschechenia. I think that there is more to this than just filling a vacuum.

Turkey is being told to keep out of it. This will be a long and very politically incorrect affair.

It's the only trait for a world leader, nobody gets to this position by being a teddy bear.

I don't think the US, nor the other coalition partners, will cooperate with Russia. Your last statement is the scary part. And 100% true. Putin does what he wants and doesn't caare about the humanitarian issues. Sadly. Probably not a great trait for a world leader????

Love Putin or hate him, it is a good strategy to respect your enemy. He has put together a solid game plan that seems very well thought out. His plan with regard to world banking was brilliant at least in theory. A lot of works still needs to be done but no great plan happens overnight. He is now working to isolate Israel and the USA. On the surface, it seems to be working I would hate to be locked into a cage with Israel my only ally. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Doesnt care about Humanitarian issues ?...bit rich isnt given, given the US just bombed a hospital into the ground in Afganistan

I don't think the US, nor the other coalition partners, will cooperate with Russia. Your last statement is the scary part. And 100% true. Putin does what he wants and doesn't caare about the humanitarian issues. Sadly. Probably not a great trait for a world leader????

Love Putin or hate him, it is a good strategy to respect your enemy. He has put together a solid game plan that seems very well thought out. His plan with regard to world banking was brilliant at least in theory. A lot of works still needs to be done but no great plan happens overnight. He is now working to isolate Israel and the USA. On the surface, it seems to be working I would hate to be locked into a cage with Israel my only ally. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Russia...part of the failed soveit union..communist block.

worst idea in history

After watching this .. I must wonder what targets were hit..and how many innocents killed? What makes this any different then bombing Iraq/Afganistan?

Empowing the russkies is not going to make things any prettier.....

Go ahead and root for russia....and god help the nations who play putins card game. This is one evil dude.

Edited by slipperylobster

Russia has a huge problem with terrorism. Due to their war with Chechnya and their desire for independence. The rebels there are now associated with ISIL:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/07/02/islamic-state-of-russia-caucasus-terrorists-pledge-allegiance-to-isis/

Over 2,000 Russians traveled to Iraq and Syria to join ISIS in the past year, mostly from Chechnya. In September, ISIS released a video of a Russian jihadist. He vowed ISIS will liberate Chechnya and the North Caucasus from Russia. The group strongly opposes Russian President Vladimir Putin providing aid to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Scary stuff....

You sound very American.

worst idea in history

Russia has been around way before the US even existed, the soviet era was a very small part of its entire history....but of course what you got taught in school was the commie behind every plant pot propaganda version of history your masters where brainwashing you with

Russia has a huge problem with terrorism. Due to their war with Chechnya and their desire for independence. The rebels there are now associated with ISIL:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/07/02/islamic-state-of-russia-caucasus-terrorists-pledge-allegiance-to-isis/

Over 2,000 Russians traveled to Iraq and Syria to join ISIS in the past year, mostly from Chechnya. In September, ISIS released a video of a Russian jihadist. He vowed ISIS will liberate Chechnya and the North Caucasus from Russia. The group strongly opposes Russian President Vladimir Putin providing aid to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Scary stuff....

You sound very American.

No surprise.

It's natural for American people from New York to sound very American... smile.png

Sound very American ? Spoken with a Spanish or Arabic accent ? :o

Ummm... to me, that makes it sound like he does play by western moral rules. Western nations only seem to care about loss of western lives. How many people have western nations killed in the Middle East the last couple of decades? One million? Two million? How many communities have they destroyed? How many hospitals have they bombed? The list is long.

Several nations in the Middle East have been reduced to rubble by western bombs and western supported terrorists. Millions have lost their homes, their jobs and their possibilities for a future. But that doesn't impress western politicians. It's all good for business.

The largest number I have seen reported was 4.5 million. Sounds a bit high to me but nobody really knows.

worst idea in history

There is little or no carry-over to today's Russia.

I shall make a few points.

Assad was a democratically elected prime minister of Syria.

I have read at least one person state that the majority of people didn't vote for him and so it was not democratic.

Then you can argue that 80% of the elected prime ministers are not democratically elected. Take the UK with Cameron as prime minister whom's party only got 36% of the vote.

The USA basically only has a choice of two parties (virtually the same) so clearly there is a majority.

I would suggest you ask any Syrian whether they were better off with asad running the country than how it became after the protests.

How the Syrian problem came about

Basically Qatar and Saudi wanted to build an oil/gas pipeline to West Europe through Syria and Turkey.

USA corporations would have got the contract.

Russia would have lost exports of oil and gas to western Europe.

Asad was asked by Saudi, Qatar and US to let them build a pipe line through Syria. Asked by Saudi, then USA government. Asad said NO !

It was decided that Asad had to go as he was not co-operating, much like Egypt, Iraq and Libyan leaders.

So the CIA trained up, armed and gave Saudi cash to some people to act as rebels / protesters against Syria.

They started to protest but unfortunately Asad fought back (probably with Russian help) and they were unable to bring down Asad.

These rebels gave up fighting Asad, but with CIA supplied equipment and Saudi money decided to call themselves ISIL and go and in effect loot Iraq. The result was that they took control of some oil fields and sold the oil and had even more money to continue.

USA had left things continue because it was a satisfactory position for USA

1) Syria was in economic crisis (like they did to Egypt, Iraq and Libya)

2) USA thought the price of oil would go up meaning fracking in the USA would be competitive (break even price for oil production is a barrel of oil being US$75)

3) liked the idea of Syrians fleeing to the EC creating economic and political problems in the EC.

Russian Involvement

Putin has basically, as usual, played a nice strategic game.

Putin wants the price of oil and gas to go up as it is important for the economy of Russia.

Putin has now told the world that he is sorting out ISIL because the USA clearly cannot. The fact is that the USA doesn't want the crisis to end (read reasons given above) and this is clear from:

1) how quickly ISIL are running from Syria within one week of Russia getting involved and yet USA could not get rid of ISIL in more than three years.

2) USA and the west are not helping Russia.

I would think that Putin's plan is to push ISIL into Iraq. Iraq then ask Russia and Iran help them to get rid of ISIL. Russia and Iran will then push ISIL into Saudi Arabia.

ISIL may well then wipe out the Saudi king and family and Saudi will be in a mess and the rebels will control the Saudi oil.

This is a win win situation for Russia as the price of oil will go up.

I would think that the USA might be considering starting WW3 as this would hide the embarrassment of losing the Middle East situation and would also be a good cover up for the economic crisis / financial turmoil that may well hit the USA economy in the coming months.

Edited by Cashboy

I have read at least one person state that the majority of people didn't vote for him and so it was not democratic.

Then you can argue that 80% of the elected prime ministers are not democratically elected. Take the UK with Cameron as prime minister whom's party only got 36% of the vote.

The USA basically only has a choice of two parties (virtually the same) so clearly there is a majority.

I would suggest you ask any Syrian whether they were better off with asad running the country than how it became after the protests.

Basically Qatar and Saudi wanted to build an oil/gas pipeline to West Europe through Syria and Turkey.

Asad was asked by Saudi, Qatar and US to let them build a pipe line through Syria. Asked by Saudi, then USA government. Asad said NO !

It was decided that Asad had to go as he was not co-operating, much like Egypt, Iraq and Libyan leaders.

So the CIA trained up, armed and gave Saudi cash to some people to act as rebels / protesters against Syria.

They started to protest but unfortunately Asad fought back (probably with Russian help) and they were unable to bring down Asad.

These rebels gave up fighting Asad, but with CIA supplied equipment and Saudi money decided to call themselves ISIL and go and in effect loot Iraq. The result was that they took control of some oil fields and sold the oil and had even more money to continue.

2) USA thought the price of oil would go up meaning fracking in the USA would be competitive (break even price for oil production is a barrel of oil being US$75)

3) liked the idea of Syrians fleeing to the EC creating economic and political problems in the EC.

Russian Involvement

Putin wants the price of oil and gas to go up as it is important for the economy of Russia.

Putin has now told the world that he is sorting out ISIL because the USA clearly cannot. The fact is that the USA doesn't want the crisis to end (read reasons given above) and this is clear from:

1) how quickly ISIL are running from Syria within one week of Russia getting involved and yet USA could not get rid of ISIL in more than three years.

I would think that Putin's plan is to push ISIL into Iraq. Iraq then ask Russia and Iran help them to get rid of ISIL. Russia and Iran will then push ISIL into Saudi Arabia.

ISIL may well then wipe out the Saudi king and family and Saudi will be in a mess and the rebels will control the Saudi oil.

I would think that the USA might be considering starting WW3 as this would hide the embarrassment of losing the Middle East situation and would also be a good cover up for the economic crisis / financial turmoil that may well hit the USA economy in the coming months.

Yes, absolutely correct.

What a brilliant post indeed!

But nobody except the USA wants World War III.

What is the solution to this problem?

How to avoid World War III?

Russian Involvement

Good analysis, interesting strategy.

A Russian cruise missile propaganda video get us back on-topic for sure.

A Russian cruise missile propaganda video get us back on-topic for sure.

So,what?

It's good behaviour to threaten a strike before you kill. Not like U.S. in Kunduz.

Doesnt care about Humanitarian issues ?...bit rich isnt given, given the US just bombed a hospital into the ground in Afganistan

That hospital bombing was horrible. But to single out one event is perhaps not the best thing to do. The US probably provides more humanitarian support around the world than any other nation. Definitely more than Russia.

Scary stuff....

You sound very American.

No surprise.

It's natural for American people from New York to sound very American... smile.png

Thanks guys! I take that as a compliment. But I'm not from New York. Just lived there a few years.