Delivery never arrived

finy

I've been waiting about 3 weeks now for a delivery that is supposed to be 10 days.

I need to leave today, so do you think there is any point popping into main post office this afternoon to see if it's laying around somewhere?

Dont hold your breath. Any attempted postings to me other than "boring plain brown envelopes" from outside Thailand have ALL gone missing these past couple of years. Things like Birthday & Christmas Cards, and coming from at least three Countries ( UK, Australia, USA). They are quite obviousy stolen by Hang Dong Post Office Staff. There. I ve said it. No point in pretending otherwise. ALL my stuff goes missing. So much so I ve advised all my family and friends not to send stuff any more.

No proof, never will be, but on this occasion 2 + 2 very definitely totals 4 !!!

No telling. I get deliveries from iHerb supposed to be in the ten day range. I have got them any where from 8 days to three weeks. I always get them.

It might not hurt if you ask at the post office. I doubt it but until you try you will never know.

They are quite obviousy stolen by Hang Dong Post Office Staff. There. I ve said it. No point in pretending otherwise.

No proof, never will be, but on this occasion 2 + 2 very definitely totals 4 !!!

I say rubbish to that.

On what basis do you say rubbish? So wheres my mail? From not one but THREE Countries outside Thailand. Go on, justify your use of the word rubbish?

Perhaps you are one of the few remaining Thai loyalists who refuses to accept the reality of life??!!

Edited by PostmanPat

Some people have issues but we have used mail here in Bangkok to myself and wife for more than 45 years without any known lost items - and the only very delayed mails (one a year old) were found and re mailed from US misroutes rather than being lost in Thailand.

I recently received a letter from Canada via registered mail. It took about a month. The expected delivery times posted by Canada Post are bogus. The letter left Canada after just three days, but then it got stuck somewhere in Asia for the following three weeks. The letter was finally delivered... to the guard at my moobahn. Apparently they can do this if you're not home (and yet I was home all day on the stated day of delivery). So I got the letter after calling the post office with the tracking number...that's when they informed me that the guard had it.

They are quite obviousy stolen by Hang Dong Post Office Staff. There. I ve said it. No point in pretending otherwise.

I say rubbish to that.

On what basis do you say rubbish? So wheres my mail? From not one but THREE Countries outside Thailand. Go on, justify your use of the word rubbish?

Perhaps you are one of the few remaining Thai loyalists who refuses to accept the reality of life??!!

Justify your use of the word rubbish.

Waste material; refuse or litter. Synonyms:refuse, waste, garbage, litter, discarded matter, debris, detritus, scrap, dross and your post.

Excellent service, never had a problem with the Thailand post.

I have had trouble receiving mail from two countries. In all cases it was from a certain area in each one. Other areas in those countries were fine. Some times it took a little longer but it came. Interesting the one poster only missed out on Christmas and Birthday cards. I know for me and my family the older we get the less we send them. The last one I got I was there at my birthday party. Mind you not really being a part of the family they live there and I elsewhere for 43 years might have a bearing on it.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Mail-thief-caught-but-on-video/3300

That was my mail he was on video pilfering from.. 300 bucks in cash (yeah yeah dont send cash in the mail.. Had no other good option at the time)..

Despite my mail being stolen, my registered mail delivery cards never being delivered to come collect, lots of clearly suspect actions by the post office AND a video of him doing it being played on national TV.. Nothing ever came of it !!!

Here in San Kampeang never lost anything.. Back in Patong anything that may have any value just vanished.

Getting my mail from Hang Dong as well, I can only say I'm pretty happy how everything is handled there. Ordered a couple of things from China and US (also iHerb), the mailman brings all that stuff directly and with a smile. Few times nobody was at home, so you have to go collect it there. They opened again on a Saturday after lunch to get me my stuff even they were already closed for the weekend.

The assumption that they would have stolen your stuff is just that, an assumption. Perhaps customs have it, whatever it is. And if you send something unregistered, I'd say it's entirely your fault.

Other post offices may be different, but never had any problem or missing items with the Hang Dong guys.

Edited by MadMac

I ordered 7 golf shirts from England about 5 weeks ago, the guy I ordered them off said he had used ordinary mail and the cost to me was £5, I thought to myself 'what can possibly go wrong' Anyway yesterday the postman delivered them safe and sound, but with a 7 baht excess charge. But to allieve future anxiety I will be happier to pay for tracking.

That charge is normal for oversize packages - will not fit mailbox so postman has to wait fee it seems.

Thanks - always wondered what the 7 baht was about. My postman normally has to wait twice as I go back inside and find some coins.