Savannakhet non imm O based on marraige - renewal.

I come back from work next rotation at work 28 Dec. My non immigrant O based on marraige from Savannakhet runs out 13 Jan.

I know when I enter Thailand I will get 3 months. I will be home for 28 days then back to work. Should I go and renew at Savanakhet after 13 Jan or wait.

I could come back in after another 28 day rotation at work on a visa exempt and then travel to Savannakhet for a new non O based on marraige. Is this OK to do?

Thanks.

Sounds like a solid plan. The visa exempt stamp should be fine, especially if you are flying in. Then get a new non-o multiple visa in Savannakhet. You would get more validity time on that visa then as the validity time starts from the date the visa is issued.

How many visa exempts have you had before (in the last 2 years or so)?

• Like 1

Sounds like a solid plan. The visa exempt stamp should be fine, especially if you are flying in. Then get a new non-o multiple visa in Savannakhet. You would get more validity time on that visa then as the validity time starts from the date the visa is issued.

Not sure. Not many as I have been on the non immigrant O multi entry for the last year. Possibly 2 to 4 for 2014. None 2015. Doubt I will have a problem with that?

Not sure. Not many as I have been on the non immigrant O multi entry for the last year. Possibly 2 to 4 for 2014. None 2015. Doubt I will have a problem with that?

Should be no problems at all, especially if you are flying in. And it is not an "Out-In" as you left for a period greater than 1 night before returning to Thailand.

Never a bad idea to bring a copy of your marriage cert when coming in anyway on the visa exempt entry. But either way, it would be great if you could report back any questions that they ask, if any, when you return.

• If you enter on Dec 28th your have a stay granted until Mar 26th. (90 days)
  • If you leave after 28 days you could get a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) to keep your 90 day stay alive. If you come back 28 days after that 56 days of your 90 would have elapsed, but you will still have 34 days left.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days you could, if you want to delay the new Non 'O' further, extend the 90 days by another 60 days (being married) taking your stay to the end of May when you would need to get a new visa.
  • You would need a re-entry permit every time you leave if you want to keep the stay alive.

Just an idea if you want to delay the new visa.

• Like 1

• If you leave after 28 days you could get a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) to keep your 90 day stay alive. If you come back 28 days after that 56 days of your 90 would have elapsed, but you will still have 34 days left.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days you could, if you want to delay the new Non 'O' further, extend the 90 days by another 60 days (being married) taking your stay to the end of May when you would need to get a new visa.
  • You would need a re-entry permit every time you leave if you want to keep the stay alive.

Re entry permits can be applied for at all immigration offices?

It should be applied for at you local immigration office,

You can also get them at both airports In Bangkok 24 hours a day.

• Like 1

What information do I need to take with me. My local office is Siriacha but the airport would be easier. When do I apply for the re entry? When is the best time or does it not matter?

What information do I need to take with me. My local office is Siriacha but the airport would be easier. When do I apply for the re entry? When is the best time or does it not matter?

If applying at the immigration office you will need the usual copies ot the passport, the passport, completed application form and a photo together with the fee -- 1000bht for a single re entry , 3800 for multiple.

At the airports in Bangkok application is made near/at the immigration passport control on departure.

• Like 1