Mobile roadblocks against traffic violators scrapped nationwide

Lite Beer

Mobile roadblocks against traffic violators scrapped nationwide

1110-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After having received numerous complaints from members of the public, the National Police Office has decided to stop the practice of police setting up of mobile roadblocks to catch traffic violators.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said Thursday that the police order took immediate effect as of Thursday and would be applied throughout the country.

From now on, he said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector and there must be a clearly visible sign to show the existence of the roadblock. Also, their superiors must be informed about the whereabouts of the roadblocks and what kind of roadblocks they are.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawut told members of the public who happen to come across a mobile roadblock to take pictures or to VDO record it and have it sent to the police spokesman’s office or to dial 1197 to lodge a complaint.

He warned that any police officers found to have set up roadblocks without authorization would face punishment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mobile-roadblocks-against-traffic-violators-scrapped-nationwide

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-08

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now what they need is a police force that will patrol the roads and cite dangerous drivers and people who create hazards by parking and passing illegally.

In other words, they need to enforce the existing laws and start saving lives in Thailand.

Now what they need is a police force that will patrol the roads and cite dangerous drivers and people who create hazards by parking and passing illegally.

In other words, they need to enforce the existing laws and start saving lives in Thailand.

You mean the cops should chase offenders on Honda Waves??......Kidding only, but do agree that the police should police the roads.........

First admirable thing the rtp brass have done. Lets just hope the 1197 office hours stretch longer than 9-5.

This is a big cash cow alain quicktime. A lot of those in brown won't like that i'd have thought

I have been stopped at these pointless roadblocks 2 times in the same place but on different days. The first time said they were checking red plates on car to make sure they were real. The funny thing is that I was driving behind a Honda City with red plates and they did not stop them. When I brought it up they just made some stupid excuse and said they can tell my plates where fake, even though I had all the right paper work showing everything was correct.

My car is a Porsche and even though my plates where in order they kept trying to find something to make me pay a fine and asked if was evading taxes my not registering it. I had only it for about 2 months, and told them it is process, they then tell me about the bombing and how unregistered cars can be used to make a car bomb because they are hard to track. Yeah, I bought a new Porsche just to blow it up...

Second time I had finally got white plates, and still wanted me to stop and check the registration while letting other cars go by. This time after confirming everything was ok, they let me go without any hassle.

Only thing roadblocks are for is get money for Thai Tea.

A lot of the blocks in Pattaya anyway are by manned boxes (dolphin, ambassador). I seen them back at the dolphin already so guess they'll be fixed now but a start I guess though who's really going to enforce this in a month or 2.

Illegal parking by cars, trucks and even motorcycles can be eliminated by installing CCTVs along major roads, with tickets send by mail, like those caught running through red lights...

Such tickets would be issued by Traffic Police Central bypassing district police stations. There is no need to lock wheels and leaving the vehicles blocking roads for long periods.

Too many influential people getting nicked I guess.....remember the recent story of the high ranking police officer getting busted and refusing to give a breath test, with the "do you know who I am" line. I guess that's why the superiors need to be told in advance where the roadblocks will be (to stop drunked vip's getting pulled over).

Too many influential people getting nicked I guess.....remember the recent story of the high ranking police officer getting busted and refusing to give a breath test, with the "do you know who I am" line. I guess that's why the superiors need to be told in advance where the roadblocks will be (to stop drunked vip's getting pulled over).

I will try that "do you know who i am" line next time they stop me. Maybe it works thumbsup.gif

But why do they only stop motobikes and tell them to drive left while cars can do whatever they like. Many times i see huge trucks with trailers driving 60 on the righthand side and causing much congestion. My wife also does it and when i tell her to keep left or speed up she won't.

I will try that "do you know who i am" line next time they stop me. Maybe it works thumbsup.gif

But why do they only stop motobikes and tell them to drive left while cars can do whatever they like. Many times i see huge trucks with trailers driving 60 on the righthand side and causing much congestion. My wife also does it and when i tell her to keep left or speed up she won't.

Avoid hitting drunks and those high on drugs coming off pavements...

.. mmm .. errr .. Junta ... army more corrupt .. bangkok elite .. coup lovers .. Prayuth's outbursts .. People Disappearing People being arrested People being taken in and told off .. bangkok elite (that one is their favourite so I put it twice) ..

It seems our Pheu-Thai supporting friends are lost for words in this article - so I'll save them the bother and sum up the only things they ever say myself.

This would never, ever have happened under the last lot.

.. mmm .. errr .. Junta ... army more corrupt .. bangkok elite .. coup lovers .. Prayuth's outbursts .. People Disappearing People being arrested People being taken in and told off .. bangkok elite (that one is their favourite so I put it twice) ..

It seems our Pheu-Thai supporting friends are lost for words in this article - so I'll save them the bother and sum up the only things they ever say myself.

This would never, ever have happened under the last lot.

John are you on drugs mate??

Are you REALLY saying that you believe the buffoons in brown and think they tell the truth.......

Honestly ??

Just goes to show some people you really cannot help.....

Scary..........

Edited by mark131v

Prawut fully expects some police officers to ignore the order. The police playing cat and mouse with their own people. Hilarious.

I can picture them trying to get one going on the sly like Nathan Detroit, and it'll be a case of "the oldest established permanent floating roadblock in Bangkok".