Is Jomtiem a safe area in Pattaya...

Muzarella

As previously stated be sensible in what you do and how you behave , not silly as your as your remarks and answers suggest , Claudiest where did you live before was it Syria ? .

Lived here all that time , and already 11 posts , but i am afraid no sense of humour , i can remember when Jomtien was a day out , just hills and beaches ,no buildings like now and 11 years ago .smile.png

I live in Jomtien )for 4 and 1/2 years now) without incident.

Common sense prevailing it's no worse than most beachside places in Thailand and lot's better than many!

Be sure to sit on the beach under a sun umbrella (about 100 baht give or take) and get a pedicure and or a foot massage (probably about 150 baht) whilst drinking a fresh coconut or a cold beer! Other food treats will be brought to you for consideration usually every 5-10 minutes or so... Just act like you're asleep or otherwise politely disinterested if you don't want to be disturbed by them...

Enjoy your holiday!

Jomtien is safe but if you're visiting because you love beaches please choose Cha-Am instead. The beaches in Jomtien are filled with garbage, Cha-am and Hua Hin has some really nice spotless clean beaches.

Jomtien is fine, as is Pattaya (mostly), no great need to worry about security ... I feel safer in Thailand than I do back in my country-of-origin, on a Friday-night when the pubs kick out the drunks !

I couldn't agree more. I have happily staggered along Sukhumvit, more than a bit squiffy, alone at 2am and the worst thing I met was an elephant on the pavement coming towards me, or a bunch of Soi dogs. The UK is far more dangerous at night.

Jomtien is fine, as is Pattaya (mostly), no great need to worry about security ... I feel safer in Thailand than I do back in my country-of-origin, on a Friday-night when the pubs kick out the drunks !

I couldn't agree more. I have happily staggered along Sukhumvit, more than a bit squiffy, alone at 2am and the worst thing I met was an elephant on the pavement coming towards me, or a bunch of Soi dogs. The UK is far more dangerous at night.
Why would you stagger around Sukumvit in Jomtien at night...

My gut reaction when you said "no bars or nite life" was that you might be better off in Cha Am. Lots of shade from closely grown palm trees, friendly decent vendors at decent prices. Plenty of hotels/GHs right on the beach. Some dinky bars and restaurants. And if it gets tooo quiet Hua Hin's just down the road.

I'm not a Pattaya basher by the way. Bit of a fan actually. Go there for a couple of days from time to time. Interesting place, fond memories and know a couple of people there.

I've also spent some nice days on Jomtien beach, but it was very loud. Swimming was OK, something I wouldn't do on Pattaya Bay. I don't recall many jetskis there, but that was all back in 2003/4.

In the 4 years that i lived in Pattaya i never once have seen a problem of any kind.(but then i speak most politely and most courteous to everyone with my usual jovial and laid back attitude to life.Although I did witness a shooting at point blank range once whilst i was strolling to the beach ( with my towel draped over my shoulder ...) one sunny afternoon.......

F.J wai2.gif x

In the 4 years that i lived in Pattaya i never once have seen a problem of any kind.(but then i speak most politely and most courteous to everyone with my usual jovial and laid back attitude to life.Although I did witness a shooting at point blank range once whilst i was strolling to the beach ( with my towel draped over my shoulder ...) one sunny afternoon.......

F.J wai2.gif x

kinda contradicting urself, never seen a problem of any kind and u go to mention a Point Blank Shooting in front of you, hmmmm

i have lived on jomtien beach about 5 years and it is pretty good. i have never seen any problems although i have noticed some signs warning og bag snatchers. some young groups of thai guys congrigate there but as far as i know they leave foreigners alone. jomtien a a great place and great value but i have notice the ocean looking more dirty over recent years.

Awohalitsiktoli, on 10 Oct 2015 - 19:38, said:
wooloomooloo, on 10 Oct 2015 - 19:16, said:
Awohalitsiktoli, on 10 Oct 2015 - 19:05, said:

This thread is about Jomtien.

Hold your horses, the OP did state:

... but we will change for Cha Am beach if we have bad advice about Jomtiem.

I am not in disagreement, but take a look at post #34. The moderator would like us to focus on Jomtien Beach.

The moderator kindly informed against trolling and going off topic. I'm guessing you didn't read the OP and fallen back on post 34 to justify your statement. We are certainly justified to compare Jomtien and Cha Am.

Correct me if I am wrong.

When you come to Pattaya,you need to wear a bulletproof best at all times ,also make sure you are armed and never ever walk alone after lunchtime,especially down beach rd ,there are lots of Indians who will acost you ,and blue pickups with seats in the back ,they will honk their horns and ask you to get in then try and get as much ofyour money as they can,beware it is an evil place ,and don't get me started on the Russians up in Jomtien

How old are you? Because you sound very immature. Your comment is inappropriate and not based on reality. You're the kind of person whom I would never want to meet in Thailand, nor should anyone else. If you live there and the Thai government read what you wrote you could be arrested for slander, and your bulletproof vest would not keep you out of jail.

When you come to Pattaya,you need to wear a bulletproof best at all times ,also make sure you are armed and never ever walk alone after lunchtime,especially down beach rd ,there are lots of Indians who will acost you ,and blue pickups with seats in the back ,they will honk their horns and ask you to get in then try and get as much ofyour money as they can,beware it is an evil place ,and don't get me started on the Russians up in Jomtien

How old are you? Because you sound very immature. Your comment is inappropriate and not based on reality. You're the kind of person whom I would never want to meet in Thailand, nor should anyone else. If you live there and the Thai government read what you wrote you could be arrested for slander, and your bulletproof vest would not keep you out of jail.

It has been pointed out many times that this forum lacks a "facetious" emoticon.

OP,

As others have already advised you.

Do not wear or show expensive jewelry, always tell your wife to keep handbag safe Etc

Jomtien, is just down the road from Pattaya, and the whole area has issues with petty crime, and opportunist thefts Etc.

And these occur at all times of the day - not just the small hours of the morning

Just be careful at all times, and use common sense.

Jomtien is a safe place , nice bars nice restaurants , same as any were else be sensible in what you do , at this moment in time there is a lot of construction going on down the lower end , trying to improve the area , dont take to much notice of the statement saying you need a bullet proof vest , i have lived in this area for 12 years .

Sorry , as so many of you took me seriously , bullet proof vests are no longer needed it seems , Jomtien is now crime free (since the Russians left)tongue.png

I live in Na-Jomtien. I've still got my bullet proof vest incase the Russians come back.

I have a balistic helmet too if he needs to borrow it for a night out in Pattaya. lol

post-82234-0-76519100-1444580732_thumb.j

Wot Russians?

Take up some Muay Thai classes or join a gym. That way your woman will find security within her man.

Yes, nothing impresses a woman (and the street baddies) more than a farang doing Muay Thai.

Is that u? U will fit in just nicely on the darkside of Pattaya.