Visectomy and sperm bank chiang mai

BuffaloRescue

Any hospital that offers infertility treatments would have the capacity to store sperm. Whether or not you can rely on them to keep yours properly labelled and preserved indefinitely is another matter. As is whether any doctor will agree to do a vasectomy knowing that you are insufficiently certain of wanting no more children to want to bank your sperm.

Vasectomies are permanent and should only be considered if you are sure on this point. Reversals can be attempted but often do not succeed.

Should also be aware that even if you manage to bank your sperm, artificial insemination is very costly and the success rate is not that high i.e. this does not ensure you can in future have children.

If you are in a monogamous relationship there are some very effective, long term but temporary birth control methods the woman can use e.g. implants. And if you are not monogamous, should use condoms in any case as a precaution against STIs, HIV, hepatitis etc.

The senior member who says there is no such thing as a reversable vascectomy is incorrect,

They do this all the time now, my friend had it done years ago, after he divorced and remarried again, has had two sons since, and they are in college now, so we are going back at least a good 20 years!

Oncearugge: no such thing? :-)

The senior member who says there is no such thing as a reversable vascectomy is incorrect,

They do this all the time now, my friend had it done years ago, after he divorced and remarried again, has had two sons since, and they are in college now, so we are going back at least a good 20 years!

Oncearugge: no such thing? :-)

Please provide links to reputable , published evidence for the procedure known as "Reversible Vasectomy"

Vasectomies are permanent and whilst it is true that "reversal" can be attempted there is no guarantee of successful outcome.

edit for spelling/clarity

Edited by oncearugge

Yes, there is such a thing as a procedure to try (emphasis on try - often fails) to reverse a vasectomy.

But there is no such thing as a "reversible vasectomy" procedure i.e. all vasectomies are designed to be permanent.

Success rates in attempted reversals vary depending on how long since it was done but usually way below 50%.

I had it done over 30 years ago & that was irreversible then--but I had read that now they do not need to cut/tie the tubes, but just put a minute clamp on them, which can be removed. Also I had a friend that had a change of mind, (his was irreversible) however he was told that they can remove sperm with syringe & artificially inseminate his wife, I should think the cost would be quite high.

Reversible Vasectomy - I don't know if this is possible or not, but I do know there is a procedure where they can extract sperm from a man that has had a vasectomy and use that. A friend of mine living in Indonesia had this done (clinic was in Indonesia, Surabaya I believe).

I had it done over 30 years ago & that was irreversible then--but I had read that now they do not need to cut/tie the tubes, but just put a minute clamp on them, which can be removed. Also I had a friend that had a change of mind, (his was irreversible) however he was told that they can remove sperm with syringe & artificially inseminate his wife, I should think the cost would be quite high.

Costly and also often unsuccessful.

Thai sperm bank, the bank that lies to say YES YES YES.

You can pay in every month a little bit. Than when you are old you can withdraw everything.

I always hate when there were sperm bank customer at the ATM before me....all is so sticky and slimy....

It is reputed that Indigenous Australians (Aborigines) practiced a form of reversible birth control by bringing the seminal tube out of their scrotum and put a nick in it. The sperm would then ejeculate externally via the nicked hole when they didn't want fertility.. They placed a finger over the hole and ejeculated internally when they wanted fertility. Today they call this a "spitcock".

Do not recommend it myself. Today I'd much prefer a good book and a cup of tea.

Edited by mankondang