what are the recent 90 day reports like?

krey

I have to do my first 90 day report on my visa at Chiang Mai Immigration

Was curious on how things are going with people that recently did it

1. What time should I arrive?

2. How long should I expect to wait?

3. Any tips for me?

Thanks

can you do the online report if you have never done the 90 day report before? I dont have a 90 day slip cause my first entry was at the airport, if i calculated my 90 days correctly , it is up on october 30. my understanding from reading some other posts that you have to do at least one 90 report in person before you can use the mail and online services but I could be wrong

thanks

Edited by krey

You can't do a 90 day report on-line if you haven't done one in person before and there are reports that people who have tried to do their first one by mail have been called and told to come into the office.

So, it would be a good idea to do your very first one ever at Promenada. Reports are that it's running smoothly now, at least for 90 day reports. If you arrive by 8 or 9 am you should be out within an hour or so. Be sure to bring proof of where you live, in Thai, especially since this is your first report.

Before you go try the online application first. If this fails you can mail it in. If you're a masochist you may still go to Promenada in person.

The movie Dumb and Dumber comes to mind. I just received my 90 days back in the mail today and here is the following results.

I did my last 90 days by mail and well its a disaster. The sheet they returned in the mail was not off of the bottom of the T47 that I mailed in. They sent me a me a multi entry visa with a length of stay till September 7th 2015 which is passed. Date of issue is October 7th 2014 which was last year. I do not want to make as the above poster states make the masochist trip to Promenada in person any ideas would be helpful and I would be grateful. Can I straighten this out in the mail?

Edited by elgordo38

Before you go try the online application first. If this fails you can mail it in. If you're a masochist you may still go to Promenada in person.

The online app doesn't work in Chiang Mai. They are telling people NOT to try it. As for the mail in, I wouldn't trust the post office with my passport. I went last week, there were maybe 20 people there. In and out in about 15 minutes.

The online app doesn't work in Chiang Mai. They are telling people NOT to try it. As for the mail in, I wouldn't trust the post office with my passport. I went last week, there were maybe 20 people there. In and out in about 15 minutes.

The online does work as attested by several successful reports from CM members. Not sure who is telling not to try, probably old information when the bugs were being worked out. Yes, it doesn't work for everybody due to some limitation of the database such as being purged 2-3 years ago.

Mail in, you don't send your passport in and even more successful reports using it including my last four. Please see the pinned topic on 90 day reporting guidelines and requirements - 90 Day Report - Procedures

Why would you wish to send your passport?

Photocopies are all that are required......................coffee1.gif

My ist attempt 180 days ago online went thru no problem, missed my dates for last time so went in to promanada had to wait about an hour, afternoon timing.

2 days ago tried from safari no go, but it did work 180 days ago...then went to Buddys to use IE, several tries no go.....very confusing.....frustrating....

The movie Dumb and Dumber comes to mind. I just received my 90 days back in the mail today and here is the following results.

I did my last 90 days by mail and well its a disaster. The sheet they returned in the mail was not off of the bottom of the T47 that I mailed in. They sent me a me a multi entry visa with a length of stay till September 7th 2015 which is passed. Date of issue is October 7th 2014 which was last year. I do not want to make as the above poster states make the masochist trip to Promenada in person any ideas would be helpful and I would be grateful. Can I straighten this out in the mail?

Is the other side of the paper you received blank? They don't use the bottom of the T47 any more but print out the confirmation with a barcode on it. From what I have seen this is always using up the back side of those paper copies that we have previously submitted. If yours is blank on one side it looks like someone wasn't paying attention when printing your confirmation. You can try a phone call but highly likely that they will say you need to attend in person.

well i did my on line 90 day and i live in cm it worked for me but not my wife , we have done 90 day at old airport one and i did at new one at prom , she was out of country then and having a multi entry , they rejected her on line , i think because her entry card was not the same as last time and she was out of country.

Went a couple of weeks ago for my first 90day reporting at Promenada. Went late morning and was very pleasantly surprised by the nice air conditioned waiting area. The process took only 30minutes - so much better than at the old immigration office.

However, I do understand other matters such as extension of retirement stay do take much, much longer.

John

I just love it.

The OP asks for information and 18 posts later only 4 people have answered him.

I have not done one there but will do one there next month. Based on the information from the few posters on this and other threads I will take it in as it also gives me a chance to have a nice meal shop and maybe see a movie.

I am surprised that some one hasn't come along and told you how their super duper wonderful best in the business agent will do it for you.

Edit

forgot the al in meal

Edited by northernjohn

Why would anyone endure online reporting failures, posted report disasters and the grind of attending the immigration office? It is so easy (and

inexpensive) to leave it to the experts. Assist Thai Visa will do your 90 day reports 4 x per year for a lousy 1,000 baht. They will even send you

an email prior to the due date to ensure you do not forget. Simply give them your passport and they do the rest. Upon completion, you simply

collect your passport from them. Too easy. They also renew my retirement and multiple entry/exit visa. Only recently immigration requires that

you front up for a photo. Other than that, I haven't been to the immigration office in years! They keep up with all changes in immigration/visa rules

so we do not have to worry about it. Great, affordable, worry-free service. How can you beat 250 baht to have your 90 day report done promptly

and correctly every time? They have looked after me for years and I highly recommend them with pleasure: Assist Thai Visa Service Co. Ltd.,

410/4-5 Chiang Mai Land (off Chang Klan Rd) <phone numbers removed as per forum rules>

This may seem crazy but they are now using paper that has been used before in some circumstances, so check 'the other side' of the paper you have been sent as it may be your new slip. Failing that you should report in person AT THE OLD OFFICE, taking with you what they have sent and your postal receipts and ask them to rectify matters accordingly....and do it nicely !

You can't do a 90 day report on-line if you haven't done one in person before and there are reports that people who have tried to do their first one by mail have been called and told to come into the office.

So, it would be a good idea to do your very first one ever at Promenada. Reports are that it's running smoothly now, at least for 90 day reports. If you arrive by 8 or 9 am you should be out within an hour or so. Be sure to bring proof of where you live, in Thai, especially since this is your first report.

I second what NancyL has said. I was there last week to do my annual visa renewal and also my 90 day report which coincided with it. I enquired about doing the next 90 day report online and was given a negative response. I was advised that 1pm to 2pm was the most efficient time to arrive. Edited by mankondang

thanks people, I really didnt want to do online or mail since it is my first time since coming into the country. Sure it might work but I like to make sure at the office. I really just wanted to hear i didnt have to show up at 4am in the morning and wait all day in the hot sun or rain to do a 15 minute procedure and it seems for the 90 report the process has got much better so I will give it a go soon. Thanks all

Why would anyone endure online reporting failures, posted report disasters and the grind of attending the immigration office? It is so easy (and

inexpensive) to leave it to the experts. Assist Thai Visa will do your 90 day reports 4 x per year for a lousy 1,000 baht. They will even send you

an email prior to the due date to ensure you do not forget. Simply give them your passport and they do the rest. Upon completion, you simply

collect your passport from them. Too easy. They also renew my retirement and multiple entry/exit visa. Only recently immigration requires that

you front up for a photo. Other than that, I haven't been to the immigration office in years! They keep up with all changes in immigration/visa rules

so we do not have to worry about it. Great, affordable, worry-free service. How can you beat 250 baht to have your 90 day report done promptly

and correctly every time? They have looked after me for years and I highly recommend them with pleasure: Assist Thai Visa Service Co. Ltd.,

410/4-5 Chiang Mai Land (off Chang Klan Rd)

Tywais, come on. This is taking the mickey now. Can you stick "Assist Thai Visa" into the swear filter?

Tywais, come on. This is taking the mickey now. Can you stick "Assist Thai Visa" into the swear filter?

Assist Thai Visa is a sponsor on the Chiang Mai forum so they have no need to bring in someone else to post for them. And I had already done a brief check and found nothing to suggest anything other than a satisfied customer. So, we can continue with the OP now that you are aware I am watching. smile.png

This would be like suggesting someone is "taking the mickey" for Dukes when we all know they simply have many fans who will mention Dukes anytime a food thread comes up.

I think all it means is that Assist Thai Visa has many satisfied customers, some of whom just don't understand why people waste their time obsessing over the current conditions at Immigration when you can almost totally forget about them for what they consider to be a modest fee.

"I wouldn't trust the post office with my passport. "

You don't mail in your passport.

just done my 90 day report today,at THE OLD OFFICE five minutes in and out and parking spec,easy

Hah....now that is new information again. May just try that and get into the system that time to use online reporting next time. But will try the latter first. Thanks for the heads up!