Carb Jets, where to get.

AllanB

changing needle and needle jets every 10k miles or 15k kms.

Never done it. Never needed to. And do not know anyone else who has had to.

We'll agree to disagree then.

But then if one first tries to "renovate" and "restore" old vehicles and their ancillery components rather than just "replace" with new items, one would'nt know. Especially on a classic racing machine, the above service interval is critical, normally changed every 1-2 seasons.Sometimes a customer wants "original restored" before "new replacement". Depends on finances, the vehicle in question and the customer's ideas.

I too, have been in the game all my working life, many of the bikes we built in my shop were featured in UK/Skandinavian classic and custom bike magazines. I also built the world's largest (1060cc) parallel twin pushrod Triumph drag racer. Although it did'nt have carbs...

Just had a bit of a run on the bike and it runs a lot better, feels richer so I suppose a build up rather than wear in the jets, it was certainly overdue new jets. The loud popping on decel has virtually disappeared now, although some of that did go when I had the new baffle made and tidied up the airbox side.

The power comes in below 2000rpm now and it is a smoother delivery too, I rode through KK city and it is now quite usable, we shall see... Next I want to fit a proper inline fuel filter, along with a bit of tidying/rejigging, to help with any future roadside work needed. Oh and the tappets too.

My first bike project (if you can call it that).....and getting there....Can't wait for winter.

Now before I go back and get this altered, should there always be rubber seals on these enrichment chokes?

I probably should have left the material off the question . If it has plastic it will probably be OK. In this climate you can probably throw away all the ancillary choke stuff, like cables etc.