the Best TV HD and Internet combined providers

bolt

Can someone give me a heads up about getting internet at home, plus combing some sort of TV HD package

I’ve been told Truemove, but they seem to have separate packages

Any help much appreciated

The Home is Located in Lopburi, Chai Badan area

This is going to be a short list.

As already stated, TRUE and many other local/regional cable operators will offer bundled CableTV with DOCSIS Cable Internet, but coaxial 'Cable' services are usually only available in the larger cities. TrueVisions is the best know for offering a number of English Language channels among their offering.

Bundled service is only one option.

You may find that the 'normal' cable companies don't service your area but the companies are still willing to 'bundle' separate services such as ADSL Internet and Satellite- or Internet-based TV using a Set-Top-Box to connect to your TV.

You may want to look at going à la carte and doing your own mix and match service...

Home Internet can be delivered via

ADSL over phone lines (3BB, TOT, TRUE,

DOCSIS over Coaxial Cable (usually bundled with Cable TV by TRUE or the prevailing local operator)

Fiber Optic, this is preferred as it's newer infrastrucure (3BB, AIS, CAT, TOT, TRUE and some regional only companies)

...or if you're really out there:

TOT WiNet, AIS AirNet point-to-point wireless broadband Internet

3G/4G/LTE subscription service

English language TV via

Cable (TRUE or local provider)

Satellite (True, GMMz, CTH, PSI, IPM, or ASTRO if you can find someone to proxy you in Malaysia)

Terrestrial (via antenna) is available in many locations in Thailand but most of the programming is only in Thai language.

Internet "IPTV" (can be bundled by Internet ISP or offered by 3rd party via subscription) played on Set-Top-Box or Internet device.

Internet specialty services that 'stream' channel/program content (look at iLikeHD...)

Internet via PopcornTime

Internet via shared torrent files

...a lot of this is discussed in the forums:

Internet/Computers/Communications Technology,

Audio/Visual, HiFi and Home Theatre

I've just switched to IPTV delivered thro' TOT 20 meg. I am delighted - huge choice of English/US channels + playback + sport (EPL) + movies + box sets. 1500 per month is expensive but IMO worth it for what I get: no buffering/freezing during rainy season.

For those interested in the TOTiptv vs TrueVisions Anywhere channel lineups:

TOT iptv

Internet delivered channel lineup Electronic Program Guide (what's on)

TrueVisions

Cable/SAT Packages click 'Detail' link for package channel lineup Electronic Program Guide (What's on)

TrueVisions Anywhere Internet delivered 110 channels (not all Cable/Sat package channels are available for Anywhere viewing)

select TH at the top of page to enable ENGLISH, scroll down to "Packages" and select a package tier to show available programming.

I've just switched to IPTV delivered thro' TOT 20 meg. I am delighted - huge choice of English/US channels + playback + sport (EPL) + movies + box sets. 1500 per month is expensive but IMO worth it for what I get: no buffering/freezing during rainy season.

What client do you use to get the IPTV?

I don't suppose it is TOT IPTV service as I cannot find anything offering as you describe above on the TOT web site? http://www.totiptv.com/Product/Channel/ByType.aspx

• 1 month later...

Archived