Revised CBR500 finally unveiled

I think you guys have it all wrong. Honda don't make this bike for the young guys, this bike is in fact for old guys, so they can continue riding a (loosely termed) 'sports' bike, hence the 8,400rpm red line and comfy seat etc

I think younger guys would much prefer to be blasting around on the Ninja or R3.

To be fair, it at least looks better than the old version even though Honda have obviously robbed certain designs from the Ninja and R3.

The basics of the bike is fine for a run a round / commuter. The designers have tried to spice it up a bit. For some people , this is all the bike they want , need or can afford. Cant really compare the Honda,s 40+ HP with the Italians 80+ HP , and style , even if the prices are close.

The basics of the bike is fine for a run a round / commuter. The designers have tried to spice it up a bit. For some people , this is all the bike they want , need or can afford. Cant really compare the Honda,s 40+ HP with the Italians 80+ HP , and style , even if the prices are close.

I agree with the first part but what new Ducati can I buy for around 200,000B?

Wonder how much usd forks and twin discs would have added?

My initial reaction is to agree.

But then again, twin discs won't do much difference.

Usd yes.

I think a 1984 Suzuki gsx 400 fws is on par with this one.

Evolution started to go backwards.

Edited by Lampang2

- Honda's 'wave' style ignition key

- A new shorter exhaust muffler for enhanced mass centralisation.

Well what more could you want?

and what is so special about a Honda Wave ignition key?biggrin.png

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!partytime2.gif

what is a honda wave ignition key?

hang on thats right i don't care

I think you guys have it all wrong. Honda don't make this bike for the young guys, this bike is in fact for old guys, so they can continue riding a (loosely termed) 'sports' bike, hence the 8,400rpm red line and comfy seat etc

I think younger guys would much prefer to be blasting around on the Ninja or R3.

To be fair, it at least looks better than the old version even though Honda have obviously robbed certain designs from the Ninja and R3.

dunno about that - i am old, still ride proper bikes and would rather have a Stallion 400 than this tizzed up pile of plastic

dunno about that - i am old, still ride proper bikes and would rather have a Stallion 400 than this tizzed up pile of plastic
As I am old I had the pleasure to grow up with bikes and not toys like this.

I think falangs that started to think about bikes once in Thailand may mix this up with a proper bike.

Posts above were talking about the Benelli,s. Ducati for 200K would be nice.

But that's a Chinese bike.

But that's a Chinese bike.

The Ducati 795 must be a Thai bike, and the BMW G650GS (and others) must be Chinese then.