confusion about extension and 90 day report

I came into the country on a 90 day non-imm O and have a departure date of Oct 20. I went in for a one year extension Oct 6 and told to report back Nov 19 for extension confirmation . Am I required to make an appearance before the Oct 20th departure date for a 90 day report? In the past I never had to, but some of the posts I have read here has gotten me to wonder.

you have me wondering also....what kind of "90 day non-imm O" do you have, ESPECIALLY when you say about extensions....In the past I never had to,(sic) to make an appearance in the past ( 90 days)??

is you passport stamped " Under Consideration" ? Do you have paperwork that says report back 19 Nov?

EVERY Non-citizen must report their address every 90 days is the rule ( there is one exception ) you can report 5 days early

Since your "departure date is 20 OCT, I would be checking BEFORE the departure date what paperwork you have, and if you can stay until 19 Nov.

What reason did you give for your "extension" / what is your "extension" based on?

Edited by edwardflory

• No you don't need to do a 90 day report while the extension is under consideration.

Your application for an extension is considered your first report. Immigration website: "The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

The 90 day count will start from the date your extension starts.

When you go on Nov 19th they will give you the date for your next 90 day report.

• Like 1

You apparently got an under consideration stamp with a report back date of November 19th which 30 day from the date your 90 day entry ends. When you go back they will do the one year extension stamp.

You 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date you applied for the extension.

you have me wondering also....what kind of "90 day non-imm O" do you have, ESPECIALLY when you say about extensions....In the past I never had to,(sic) to make an appearance in the past ( 90 days)??

is you passport stamped " Under Consideration" ? Do you have paperwork that says report back 19 Nov?

EVERY Non-citizen must report their address every 90 days is the rule ( there is one exception ) you can report 5 days early

Since your "departure date is 20 OCT, I would be checking BEFORE the departure date what paperwork you have, and if you can stay until 19 Nov.

What reason did you give for your "extension" / what is your "extension" based on?

It would appear his visa entry earned him a 90 day permission to stay and during the final 30 days he applied for an extension of stay, which is currently "under consideration."

If he was in the country in the past on 90 day visa entries he would not make 90 day reports because he would need to exit the country and, if the visa was still valid, return. The 90 day report is not an address report. These days many/most offices simply read off the previous bar-coded report and issue a new report with the next report date. No documents regarding address required.

The "under consideration" stamp entitles him to remain in the country until the extension is approved. The reason for the extension is not really relevant to his question since he was asking about 90 day reports and his extension application was accepted and approval is pending.

• Like 1

You apparently got an under consideration stamp with a report back date of November 19th which 30 day from the date your 90 day entry ends. When you go back they will do the one year extension stamp.

You 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date you applied for the extension.

At my latest retirement extension, Phuket immigration did the 90 days automatically as well.

The time limit for reporting is not I think five days before.

I may be wrong and stand to be corrected but I think it is 14 days before and there may also be a time limit after perhaps 7 days. I have reported more than 5 days before so I know 5 is not correct.

I go to Sakon Nakhon and they have told me don't come do it online so if other areas say the same the old time limits are possibly now irrelevant to most people.

The time limit for reporting is not I think five days before.

I may be wrong and stand to be corrected but I think it is 14 days before and there may also be a time limit after perhaps 7 days. I have reported more than 5 days before so I know 5 is not correct.

I go to Sakon Nakhon and they have told me don't come do it online so if other areas say the same the old time limits are possibly now irrelevant to most people.

90 day reports!

15 days prior to 7 days after the due date

By mail ------

Check with the local immigration office.

On-line reports

15 to 7 days Prior to the due date.

My last 3 reports have been done -- in person at Jomtien -- 3 to 5 days before due date. The downside.... due to the report done early, the computer counts 90 days from the date you do the report. If you read other postings, some people - in past reports - have been fined the 2nd day after the 90 day was due. I think it depends on the immigration office - personal opinion

My last 3 reports have been done -- in person at Jomtien -- 3 to 5 days before due date. The downside.... due to the report done early, the computer counts 90 days from the date you do the report. If you read other postings, some people - in past reports - have been fined the 2nd day after the 90 day was due. I think it depends on the immigration office - personal opinion

I have lived here for a long time and have never heard of a person being fined for making a 90 day report during the reporting window of 15 days prior to 7 days after the due date of the report.

I have lived here for a long time and have never heard of a person being fined for making a 90 day report during the reporting window of 15 days prior to 7 days after the due date of the report.

plus one,me neither