Royal Enfields

jpb1963

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember 2 instances when there we're arrangements to start importing them to Thailand BUT they never happened.

Strangely enough, however, I heard from a good (Thai) biker friend yesterday that there is another rumour that they are to be imported (again) at the end of the year. This info was on a thai language forum, I was told.

IF I find any facts,I'll post here. I'd love a Conti GT for ' pottering around town'

Edited by DILLIGAD

They are coming in December....being distributed by the big Ducati shop during the MotoExpo. I will try to find a link for it. DON'T believe a Facebook link for RE in Thailand....its a huge fake.

https://www.facebook.com/monsterclubthai?fref=nf

Scroll down to the post on 10/15/2015. So pretty much will be from the Thonglor Ducati shop.....so I have a feeling we will get Ducati Shop in Thonglor prices and not real RE prices. I expect them to be double or triple priced.

Edited by FireMedic

paying a premium for a ducati is par for the course, I have been buying and riding ducati's for 30years now not sure how much of a premium they could expect to charge for a 50 year old bike design - nostalgia can ony stretch so far I would think.

I know in Oz they are selling for about 8-10k depending on model which is getting up there considering what these things actually cost which from memory is about 3k oz $.

still be interesting to see when // if it happens.

It would make my day if they were available here. As for an old design, not the new generation, all new as I understand. I'm back in the UK with SWMBO at the mo, 2 x '50's 500cc Red Hunters. She enjoys it so much, I now have to build her a 350cc!

looking at the link I cant find a translate button but I did see 320,000THB for the Continental GT - that is stupid expensive even dearer than what they are charging in oz - bit disappointing, nostalgia cant stretch that far 220/250 would have been more realistic, have to wait and see I guess

looking at the link I cant find a translate button but I did see 320,000THB for the Continental GT - that is stupid expensive even dearer than what they are charging in oz - bit disappointing, nostalgia cant stretch that far 220/250 would have been more realistic, have to wait and see I guess

Agree, that's a disappointing price.

Two years ago I nearly bought the Royal Enfield Classic in UK (it was then the one with the bells & whistles in the line up) retail price was £5500. It looked great and the engines are now thier own new developed units, upped CC with increased HP. The only thing that stopped me in the end was everyone who knew someone who had one said after two years they were falling apart and the metal work was really low quality so not a good combo in British climate...

I ended up paying an extra £2k and got a Triumph Bonneville T100A2 - two years later, no issues, looks as good as day it rolled out of dealers and puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, this is a twin FI 865cc. The Enfields look great IMO and maybe in the Thai climate they will be a better proposition...

The Enfields are built in India from an original UK bike,

is that the story? They look great when they are new but

like the custom chopper i imported to Oz from China, the

first 2 years it sparkled after that the chrome started to

rust even though it was garaged and covered with

blankets all the time, i worry the India bikes will be the same.

Saw an ad for one in Portugal, where i am right now for

€4000 euros, not many of them around compared to

millions of Harley's, don't know why that is.

The Enfields are built in India from an original UK bike,

is that the story? They look great when they are new but

like the custom chopper i imported to Oz from China, the

first 2 years it sparkled after that the chrome started to

rust even though it was garaged and covered with

blankets all the time, i worry the India bikes will be the same.

Saw an ad for one in Portugal, where i am right now for

€4000 euros, not many of them around compared to

millions of Harley's, don't know why that is.

Enfields (at least "old" models) where solid reliable bikes.

I once rode an Enfield from Goa to Thiruvananthapuram in the far South of India

Not a single problem not even a puncture.

900+ Km

I think someone lost the plot here with a price tag of 320,000 baht, especially when I just looked at a Kawasaki Vulcan 650 at 280,000.

The Enfield is a cheap bike in India, it is easy to fix by all the locals because they have had it around since WW2, but here...why would you do that?

I am sure there are places in Bangkok where, for a small fee they will beat the living daylights out of you, if it is nostalgia you are after.

I think someone lost the plot here with a price tag of 320,000 baht, especially when I just looked at a Kawasaki Vulcan 650 at 280,000.

The Enfield is a cheap bike in India, it is easy to fix by all the locals because they have had it around since WW2, but here...why would you do that?

I am sure there are places in Bangkok where, for a small fee they will beat the living daylights out of you, if it is nostalgia you are after.

nostalgia = getting beat up?

Have you been drinking so early in the day?

I worry about you.

nostalgia = getting beat up?

Have you been drinking so early in the day?

I worry about you.

You must be a Yank if you haven't heard of the Mods and Rockers of the sixties........

Plus getting beaten up is preferable to paying 320k for an Indian take away.

They have been available here in Malaysia ,Penang and KL ,for a couple of years or more ,again at a price.

Standard of finish and quality of fastenings leaves a little to be desired .

Somwehat disappointing, if not underwhelming !

However they are but a third world evocation so one cannot expect a Brough Superior Replica standard of finish