When you lose weight, where does the lost weight go?

MaeJoMTB

30% of the energy needs must come from fat. That is food intake must include enough fat in order to satisfy the needs of the body, the brain mainly. If the fat intake is less than demanded by your constitution then this must be taken from the reserve fat you store on your body.

Normal cooking oil is fatty food, cheeses, butter fat on meat and other , all contribute to fat intake. The body needs a certain amount of fat and it utilizes the stored fat if not provided through eating. From what I read this is the commonest way the body loses fat.

No....if you don't eat enough fat, the body just produces fat from carbohydrates......carbs or even protein to fat is no problem with the exception of a few essential fat acids.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My doctor suggested that I should exercise at least 40 minutes continuously everyday, and that it will eliminate my TYPE II diabetes.

I told him "the only exercise I get is during sex, and that only last 7 mins." My Stanford graduated doctor was not amused.

I am an electronics engineer and I used to sit in front of a computer workstation for 12 hour days before coming to thailand. my H1a1B numbers went from 12.6% to 7.2% in three months just on the THAI Diet.

its interesting to see the engineers on the site, they simply provide calculations or simplified chemical reactions.

the body "Metabolism" has many factors. one interesting fact. Muscle weighs more than fat. so as I trimmed up I actually gained weight.

Another misconception my GF has, she thinks she can lose weight by not eating. This has the opposite effect as the body goes into "STARVATION MODE" the body thinks there is no more food supply, so it start to store it as FAT hoping for better days.

carlos

My doctor suggested that I should exercise at least 40 minutes continuously everyday, and that it will eliminate my TYPE II diabetes.

I told him "the only exercise I get is during sex, and that only last 7 mins." My Stanford graduated doctor was not amused.

I am an electronics engineer and I used to sit in front of a computer workstation for 12 hour days before coming to thailand. my H1a1B numbers went from 12.6% to 7.2% in three months just on the THAI Diet.

its interesting to see the engineers on the site, they simply provide calculations or simplified chemical reactions.

the body "Metabolism" has many factors. one interesting fact. Muscle weighs more than fat. so as I trimmed up I actually gained weight.

Another misconception my GF has, she thinks she can lose weight by not eating. This has the opposite effect as the body goes into "STARVATION MODE" the body thinks there is no more food supply, so it start to store it as FAT hoping for better days.

carlos

Body metabolism remains pretty much constant. Metabolism only slows down under extreme prolonged starvation. After 5 hours without food the body utilises glucose stored in the organs, and then visceral fat.

Type 2 diabetes can not be eliminated. You can control it with diet and exercise.

I assume that you did take up the gym, yes it is possible to look much fitter and gain weight. You gain muscle, and lose visceral fat.

carlos

You are and engineer and doubt that not eating doesn't work? Are you serious?

Explain that to the people who starve on this planet.......

Try it with your car....stop filling your tank, go in starvation mode (drive very gentle in an energy saving mode), will the tank of gasoline last forever?

Same with the body, it slightly reduces power consumption...lets say 10%...how will it start to store fat from nothing?

Yes, the body has an "intelligence" that is often insidiously strong and relentless; it does things we don't often like. It doesn't know from scientific studies about the long term health risks of obesity. It knows about not starving.

Of course the body knows it......handle your body in a natural way and you'll never be obese.

That means several hours of exercise per day (hunting, collecting food, etc), no fast carbs or sugar (well sugar yes, but it always comes with lot of pain, as the bees don't agree).

With the burgers and chocolate (and no exercise) you damage the regulation.....Put some gasoline into your diesel car and it will get problems, no matter how perfect the software and regulation of the engine is...that is basically what we do.

The body works perfect....the user is the problem.

Starvation mode is real but almost no one ever gets that far as it is far higher as the 500 cals deficit. People are just not that extreme and even then it wont start right away. The body is used to not eating at times. In our early beginnings we did not get 3 meals a day there were days we did not eat at all. The body did not go into starvation mode right away. It is often used an excuse.

Things to help would be caloric cycling (high and low days of food) and stuff like that but not really needed on a deficit of only 500 cals.

Also if you just push through starvation mode you will loose weight, I guess most people can remember the victims of the Natzi's in their camps and pictures of anorexic patients. So starvation mode is there but not as strong as some people like to believe (excuse for not eating less)

carlos

Body metabolism remains pretty much constant. Metabolism only slows down under extreme prolonged starvation. After 5 hours without food the body utilises glucose stored in the organs, and then visceral fat.

Type 2 diabetes can not be eliminated. You can control it with diet and exercise.

I assume that you did take up the gym, yes it is possible to look much fitter and gain weight. You gain muscle, and lose visceral fat.

I have since learnt that certain cohorts with diabetes, usually the obese, may be able to reverse diabetes with bariatric surgery or a strict medically supervised diet, though this area is still unconfirmed.

And that metabolism can vary with age.

Archived