Looking for a Workshop

LivinLOS

Hunting for a workshop / lockup / garage space..

Ideally south / south west of the city (mae hia, nong kwai, nahm preah, etc is ideal).

Must be at a minimum large enough to work on one car (eg a single width shophouse isnt large enough) with working / movement space around the vehicle. Ideally it would be larger, room for a couple of cars and my dirtbikes and tools.

Must be lock up and secure, not remote or overlooked by tin shed workers huts or too tempting for easy thieves. Happy to add alarm / cameras etc for the right deal or place.

Should have electric and water. Beer fridge needs.

Does not need to be road frontage or in a position to do business. Some kind of ex commercial space or small portion of unused warehouse or factory etc all could work.

Budget small.. I can get a single width roller shutter fronted place on canal rd for 2500 or so..hope to find something larger 4k or under.. I see entire unfurnished Thai homes out of the city at 6kish.. Over 4 ish its better to build a simple shed on some land I have.

Open to any ideas or leads.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a townhouse with an easy to remove front? There's lots of them.

How about this? smile.png

http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/EN/business/rent/Business-for-rent-in-Chang-Phueak/B274.aspx

Normal shophouses are not wide enough for having a car inside and working all around it.. Plus bikes and tools..

The double width one you linked actually has some potential.. Negatives are

1) entry and access over the pavement looks dodgy for a car.

2) its the opposite side of the city for my needs

3) that upright pole in the room.. But probably workable.

Close to that spec is what I am hunting.. Can be a lot rougher inside if the ability to get a car inside was better.

I would expect that to cost perhaps up into 10's of 1000s.. Far more than finding the right place..

Saw 2 more 'cheaper' roll front places.. Both made me security nervous tho.. Adding it up theres half a million in dirtbikes.. Thats before I start thinking toy / race car, tools, and associated junk stuff I need to store.

the linked property above is the closest solution to my hunt.. Looking along those lines anyway.

Edited by LivinLOS

• 2 weeks later...

Now thats the kind of thing.. Ticks almost all the boxes..

Just moved house (and needed stuff storage more acutely then) but will go look.. Oddly thats near my old house, and a bit of a trek from the new one.. but on other fronts it looks ideal.