Motorbike computer test

Boatman37210

I have found on the internet copies of I believe 3 tests, 30 questions each, to use as prep for the motorbike written test. Is there any other material available that I could read to prepare? Copies of other tests? Prep book of some kind? Other web sites?

I'm thinking that the questions I've seen so far are not enough for preparation.

Thanks.

Are the three tests you have found the ones hosted by Phuket local government? http://phuket.dlt.go.th/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=65

You are right that information is hard to find, I have been studying it for a while now and only recently confirmed some baseline laws.

The Thai test is very similar to the UK highway code but with a few minor changes and some omissions that seem to be poor translation.

The land traffic act says give way to the Left except on roundabouts where you give way to the Right!

In the UK the rule for box junctions is do not enter unless your exit is clear. However in Thailand it is simply 'do not stop on the box'. Which of course does not work at many junctions. At traffic light controlled junctions with a box how are you supposed to turn right if you can't stop on it?

I have found this youtube page very useful. It is in Thai but with the diagrams in the videos I have been able to work most things out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4vZDA5EeaOz1E-bsbzTJw

Prep book of some kind?

Do you have a driving licence from another country? The questions are for the most part self explanatory if you have driven anywhere. You don't have to get 100% to pass!

My driving license expired so i had to take the test. I managed to pass just walking in the door!

Edited by VocalNeal

Yes, there are 3 example tests and however many questions. The questions are not the sum total, but the way it works on their computer - the easy questions maybe repeated 2-3 times in one test - fixing a high pass rate. So, the questions you have already seen - yes, thats enough prep', you don't need a special book or online prep .. just study carefully.

I failed the first day, because I didnt pay close attention to the questions and thought I knew it all. If you fail the first time, stay calm and they will let give you another crack ( if not complain about the English wording ). If you fail that, they give you a number to go back the next day after they have processed all the new arrivals and they are watching the DVD.

In the test the same easy questions may repeat, but not all the questions have the same answer - you may give an answer that you think is correct, as you have already given it .. but then its wrong.

There is one question, "Where is it safe to park ?" the correct answer is in a parking space with a yellow box grid painted on it or something similar to indicate that its the most incorrect answer..

The way i passed was excess, but i was so annoyed that I had been cheated the first time around - print out those questions and make like a flashcard, find the duplicates and set them to one side - then split the remaining into piles, easy / mid / hard ( only hard because they use reverse logic, such as giving way to the left or unfamiliar / obscure rules ).

Forget about the easy - you know the answer already, be aware of the mids, but concentrate on the difficult - check through the duplicates, and make a note of the numbers that you need to use an incorrect answer ( write them on your hand, i need be )

The Thais don't have the advantage of this forum, so they spend a lot of time trying to work out and double checking the answer. I don't know where you intend to take the test, but, if you need to - and my wife needed to - write down a little crib sheet, and sit at the back. No one will check on you.

Something else that might help, join the queue to do the reaction / colourblindness test - then wait until everyone goes into the room to watch the DVD, then get a Thai friend to explain to the staff that your Thai is no good and you wouldnt be able to understand but do they have a book or some sheets for you to look at - take the sheets and go for breakfast, then return in the afternoon to take the practical which you will easily pass, then take the computer test.

And good luck !

Edited by recom273

Thanks everyone for the info.

I have a Thai car drivers license for over 3 years. Since the only difference between the car and bike tests is the driving portion, logically I would think that would be all you need to take if you already have a Thai car license.

From my reading I understanding the new test is 50 questions and you need to score 90% to pass. The 50 questions are randomly taken from a pool of 1,000 questions. Not quite as easy as it use to be.

I have a Yamaha Tricity, 3 wheel, so not sure how they are going to handle the beam portion of the driving test. Not sure I can get the front two wheels down the beam without at least one wheel falling off.

I am retired, so have time to do this even if I fail and need to do over. Gives me something to do.

Edited by Boatman37210

Thanks everyone for the info.

I have a Thai car drivers license for over 3 years. Since the only difference between the car and bike tests is the driving portion, logically I would think that would be all you need to take if you already have a Thai car license.

From my reading I understanding the new test is 50 questions and you need to score 90% to pass. The 50 questions are randomly taken from a pool of 1,000 questions. Not quite as easy as it use to be.

I have a Yamaha Tricity, 3 wheel, so not sure how they are going to handle the beam portion of the driving test. Not sure I can get the front two wheels down the beam without at least one wheel falling off.

I am retired, so have time to do this even if I fail and need to do over. Gives me something to do.

Getting a three wheeler down the beam is going to be impossible, they may ask you to hire a 2 wheeler from a local moto-taxi.

• 1 month later...

Took the computer test for the first time today and passed with 47 out of 50 right. If you will study the 90 questions listed on this site it should be enough to pass. Most of the questions are duplicates of what is listed here. Considering that this is suppose to be a computer random test from 1,000 questions, not sure I understand why they were the same listed here. I believe the questions listed here are a consolidation of 3 old tests when the test was only 30 questions. That makes them 2 years old? So the questions on the test have been the same for at 2 years? So much for random.

Took the computer test for the first time today and passed with 47 out of 50 right. If you will study the 90 questions listed on this site it should be enough to pass. Most of the questions are duplicates of what is listed here. Considering that this is suppose to be a computer random test from 1,000 questions, not sure I understand why they were the same listed here. I believe the questions listed here are a consolidation of 3 old tests when the test was only 30 questions. That makes them 2 years old? So the questions on the test have been the same for at 2 years? So much for random.

They were randomly selected, randomly selected 2 years ago. Nobody said anything about changing the random selection! thumbsup.gifwai.gif

You have plenty of time to do the test, most of the answers are obvious, a few you have to think about and 3 make no sense at all, so I just guessed. I got 3 wrong, would have got 5 wrong if I hadn't taken time to go back and rethink about the iffy English.

The translation isn't perfect, but don't say anything until you have your license in your hand and to be fair you would be pretty buggered without it.

I did mine Feb 2013 and thought the pass rate was 25 out of 30.

Edited by AllanB