What can I invest in order to get the investor visa?

This is interesting to me too,

How would you get a NON-IM VISA if you just get off the plane with your 10 million to invest?

You would be on an exemption stamp or a tourist visa....at least innitially

Would there be an easy way to bring in the money, bank it and get a letter from the bank as "proof" for immigration to consider? ...

Once you have the 10 million transferred into a Thai bank you can convert a visa exempt or tourist visa entry to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration. You would need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of the entry.

The bank would need to provide a letter confirming the funds were transferred from abroad and the balance on the date the letter was written. The bank will be familiar with doing the letter.

I have over 10 million in Thai banks already but I don't keep track of all the various times I brought it in over the last 15 yrs

Some via sale of a house about a decade ago but I think that bank account I used to recieve it is now closed at least 6 years ago (dont know if they keep records that long for closed accounts)

Some I could prove as wages from Canada and the US, sometimes I just carried in lots of cash

Once sold a car and carried in 24,000euros in my pocket

I could make the limit but not sure how I could prove the funds originated from another nation without transfer it out and transfer it back in.... And that would be prohibitively expensive

Edited by B1TcoinLife

This is interesting to me too,

How would you get a NON-IM VISA if you just get off the plane with your 10 million to invest?

You would be on an exemption stamp or a tourist visa....at least innitially

Would there be an easy way to bring in the money, bank it and get a letter from the bank as "proof" for immigration to consider? ...

Once you have the 10 million transferred into a Thai bank you can convert a visa exempt or tourist visa entry to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration. You would need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of the entry.

The bank would need to provide a letter confirming the funds were transferred from abroad and the balance on the date the letter was written. The bank will be familiar with doing the letter.

I have over 10 million in Thai banks already but I don't keep track of all the various times I brought it in over the last 15 yrs

Some via sale of a house about a decade ago but I think that bank account I used to recieve it is now closed at least 6 years ago (dont know if they keep records that long for closed accounts)

Some I could prove as wages from Canada and the US, sometimes I just carried in lots of cash

Once sold a car and carried in 24,000euros in my pocket

I could make the limit but not sure how I could prove the funds originated from another nation without transfer it out and transfer it back in.... And that would be prohibitively expensive

The proof of the funds coming from abroad is a solid requirement. It appears they would want it to be recently transferred. If you can get proof of it coming from abroad in the past you could check with immigration to see if they will accept it. Money brought in as cash would not be accepted.