Bangkok Police arrest Pattaya Beach 'Loiterers'

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The detainees, consisting mostly of females suspected of engaging in prostitution, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and fined 100 Baht each before being released to presumably continue with whatever they were doing prior to their arrest."

Outstanding show of force and law enforcement!

Yeah, released. So they have to get back to Pattaya at their own expense after paying the fine, having lost a day of work. I don't think society benefits from this kind of thing. My opinion has been for many years that a good prostitute contributes as much value to society as a good plumber.

Both keeping the pipe empty...

When a country starts a real education system where kids are obliged to go to school and parents educated enough to send them, then these problems will start to go away. It's only poverty ( mainly) that puts them on the streets. I have seen, as I'm sure many of you have, how the workers who serve us daily in restaurants / hotels/ shops etc live. Seeing for the first time how some of the waitresses in my regular restaurant on Phuket lived nearly had me in tears. That was a long time ago and things haven't changed anywhere. They are not that much better off than the poor devils who work the construction sites ! When I was in Hua Hin I was so surprised to see the public bus arriving on market days full of poor people who didn't have shoes on their feet, and this was only 3 years ago. I'm quite sure none of them went to school. I see a lot of the small villages and rice growing country and the current system is only enticing young people into dubious jobs. Shame. And shame on the government.

Is this you Stacey( Dooley)???

What a joke another crackdown that will last a week or 2 and die on the vine Then they will do it again in about 3 to 5 years

How in Gods name are you going to clean up Pattayas Name It has always been a cesspool and always will be It is known around the world

for the bar girls and cheap sex along with anything goes in the City .

So I guess they want to loose the tourists I never get the reason Thais do things like this Short Memories

actually they do this at least once every night, it just doesnt make the news every day

Point #1 : Frankly, I believe that Pattaya's 'reputation' is beyond repair, and there never was a 'good reputation' to lose anyway. We all know how it started and Walking Street, that pit, is in line with that. An 'achievement', of sorts.

Point #2 : I know there are a lot of dubious boys, girls and LBs (especially the latter) hanging around Pattaya Beach looking for mischief, but how exactly do you read a person's intention ? And once you've read their intention somehow, you fine them for it ? How creepy is that, and what's next ?

I was picked up there in 1976.

"The detainees, consisting mostly of females suspected of engaging in prostitution, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and fined 100 Baht each before being released to presumably continue with whatever they were doing prior to their arrest."

Outstanding show of force and law enforcement!

Yeah, released. So they have to get back to Pattaya at their own expense after paying the fine, having lost a day of work. I don't think society benefits from this kind of thing. My opinion has been for many years that a good prostitute contributes as much value to society as a good plumber.

You do understand that Pattaya Police Station is actually in Pattaya don't you, on Beach Rd, adjacent to the area they 'engage'.

It might make more sense to ship them to Sattahip and release them there though.