Fatal Road Crash close to East Pattaya Train Station

webfact

Fatal Road Crash close to East Pattaya Train Station

crash-33.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics were called to a fatal road crash on the railroad close to the Pattaya Train Station on Sunday afternoon.

The single-vehicle crash occurred at a tight right hand bend in the road just before the entrance to Highway 7 and according to witnesses, the victim, Khun Wisit aged 32, who works as a motorbike taxi driver in South Pattaya, was driving at a high rate of speed and was unable to negotiate the turn and collided with crash barriers.

The driver landed head-first onto the road and is suspected of sustaining a broken neck and was declared dead-at-the-scene.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218612/fatal-road-crash-close-to-east-pattaya-train-station/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-20

I know the bend and pass through it often, it is surely steep and one needs to be careful.

If you look at the picture you can see the rollers that have been installed to help deflect collisions back towards the road.

The same rollers have been fitted to the barriers on another bend that has killed many, the entrance to Hwy 7 from North bound Sukhumvit.

Lots of accidents on that cuirve. Before the barriers went up there was a chain link fence that was badly mauled by many crashes. Plus just as you enter the curve the road usually has a big hole or two in the left hand lane if there has been any serious rain. Go slow into this one.

I know the bend and pass through it often, it is surely steep and one needs to be careful.

If you look at the picture you can see the rollers that have been installed to help deflect collisions back towards the road.

The same rollers have been fitted to the barriers on another bend that has killed many, the entrance to Hwy 7 from North bound Sukhumvit.

I drive this bend every morning Monday to Friday and never noticed it was steep. A sharp bend for sure but definitely not steep.

I just don't understand why just about every Thai driver has to travel at high speed. What is their hurry in what is supposed to be a laid-back country? I just don't get it. The only time you see someone driving slowly you assume they have no license and/or are drunk.

I got to agree with that observation. There seems to be only one speed for those driving crotch rockets in LOS and that is flat out. They always have to be first away from the lights and first to get in front of the queue at a red light. I tend to keep close to the curb when turning left into flowing traffic mainly to prevent muppets on 2-wheels cutting through on the inside where I can't see them and wearing my door panels. Then there's always the twerps that seeing the inner line is closed, try to outrun me around my drivers side and wonder why they suddenly find themselves forced into oncoming traffic. I don't give way for these dickheads but I do for bikes being driven sensibly and safely (only about 1 or 2 a month).

Vietnam has much more motorbikes than Thailand, especially in the towns and cities but it is an unusual sight to see them racing past cars. Unfortunately, the Vietnamese driver (of all kinds) is in love with their horn way too much compared to Thailand's drivers.

I just don't understand why just about every Thai driver has to travel at high speed. What is their hurry in what is supposed to be a laid-back country? I just don't get it. The only time you see someone driving slowly you assume they have no license and/or are drunk.

In conversations with different Thais , a lot of them equate being able to drive fast equals being a driver with ability. If you drive slow then you are not a good driver.

I drive this bend every morning Monday to Friday and never noticed it was steep. A sharp bend for sure but definitely not steep.

I actually meant the sharp bend was soaking in water!

Well done, a point to you!