Rally against Thai Navy wife for hurting pregnant woman

Jonathan Fairfield

Rally against Thai Navy wife for hurting pregnant woman

BANGKOK:-- Over 20 people gathered outside Krungsri Bank headquarters in Bangkok's Yan Nawa district Tuesday morning to protest against an assault on a pregnant woman.

The protesters, who held up signs that read "hurting pregnant women is unacceptable behaviour", dispersed after two hours.

The rally was held in response to an incident on Tuesday in which an Navy wife allegedly kicked a four-month pregnant woman over a parking dispute in the Thong Lor area. The pregnant woman ended up having to go to hospital for treatment. The dispute allegedly began when the victim's young son hit the Army woman's car with the door while getting out of his car.

One of the protesters, Pemika Thanalumlerskul, 32, who came with her year-old daughter, said the protestors were only using the bank's headquarters as a venue and had no demands for the bank, adding that anybody who hurts a pregnant woman should be punished.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-20

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see these people are standing up for what is right.

The admiral's wife according to reports got her husband to attend the police station in full uniform to add weight and pressure a desirable result.

Doesn't matter what your status in society is. The second you physically assault a pregnant woman you should go to jail. I hope loss of face is just the beginning

Rally against Navy wife for hurting pregnant woman
The Nation

30271263-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Over 20 people gathered outside Bank of Ayudhya headquarters in Bangkok's Yan Nawa district yesterday morning to protest against an assault on a pregnant woman.

The protesters, who held up signs that read "hurting pregnant women is unacceptable behaviour", dispersed after two hours.

The rally was held in response to an incident on Tuesday in which the wife of a rear admiral allegedly kicked a four-month pregnant woman over a parking dispute in the Thong Lor area. The pregnant woman ended up having to go to hospital for treatment. The dispute allegedly began when the victim's young son hit the Navy woman's car with the door while getting out of his car.

One of the protesters, Pemika Thanalumlerskul, 32, who came with her year-old daughter, said the protestors were only using the bank's headquarters as a venue and had no demands for the bank, adding that anybody who hurts a pregnant woman should be punished.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rally-against-Navy-wife-for-hurting-pregnant-woman-30271263.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-21

Hmm, no mention of the fact that the pregnant woman was with another lady who after the initial argument slammed her car door into the car of the navy lady again.

Also doesn't mention that the woman who was on her own was knocked to the floor by the pregnant woman and/or her friend.

Funny that.

Edited by Bluespunk

Would be better for cctv then make the call as to who should be in the slot...........

As for hitting other peoples car when opening doors, well it's a pet hate of mine and always very carful not to do it but park away from other cars, but I see other people do it often as the car parking spaces are to small which makes it almost impossible to get in and out of your car without your door touching another car.

Edited by aussieinthailand

Hmm, no mention of the fact that the pregnant woman was with another lady who after the initial argument slammed her car door into the car of the navy lady again.

Also doesn't mention that the woman who was on her own was knocked to the floor by the pregnant woman and/or her friend.

Funny that.

Never is there an excuses for striking a pregnant women, NEVER.

Funny that.

These articles often leave out incredibly important information due to bias or just piss-poor reporting.

Where did you read this?

Funny that.

Please provide a source, without which, this is just blather.

Funny that.

Too be sure. And, if the hi-so navy wife had not started it, I'm sure the pregnant woman and her friend would not have done anything, except perhaps apologize for the little boy hitting the door. The hi-so got some, not all, of what she deserved. coffee1.gif

Funny that.

Hi can you post links to the statements you posted please many thanks

I think, and quite rightly, every member of TV supports the pregnant woman. The wife of the naval man showed what a stupid nasty bitch she is.

Further to this I belive hitting or abusing any woman is wrong and any person man or woman doing either of the above are in my opinion trash

Funny that.

Hmm,

I do believe that the woman who was on her own hit the deck as a result of her attempts at kicking the pregnant lady.

Yes, we don't know all the facts, but the issue here is how the "upper class" lady can get special treatment from the police by having her husband dress up in his high ranking military uniform and accompany her to the police station.

Regardless of who was really in the wrong, one suspects that the wife of an Admiral is always going to come out in front of a couple of "lo-so's" in any dealings with the Thai law.

It's really the main reason this country has had such a difficult time of things for several years now - the masses want equality and the elites don't.

Funny that!

Funny that.

No it doesn't mention that. I assume you have access to a more complete and less biased news story.

Assuming your news version is correct this is a disgraceful piece of reporting that rallys support for the pregnant woman. Now I don't know how she was kicked or how vicious the attack was in comparison to how she was knocked over but frankly physically attacking a pregnant woman is a no no.

The police need to be investigating and doing something about it, especially as it claims she needed hospital treatment. They will surely get a more complete picture and be able to make a sensible judgement.

Thanks for drawing attention, lesson for us all when reading these short headlines and stories.

Funny that.

Read the eyewitness report in Thai, watch the video and then make comments like this when you know the facts. People who liked this comment should be ashamed of themselves.

The pregnant woman wash shoved to the floor by the navy woman. The pregnant woman then told her she shouldn't have done that because she's pregnant. Once the navy woman heard this, she proceed to kick her in the stomach which caused bleeding and a trip to the hospital for the pregnant woman. Try to condone that (trying to harm an unborn child) if you can.

The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman who was on the floor.

Thankfully this story has finally made the news (it's a few days old) as the navy woman's husband threatened everybody concerned that there would be trouble if the story got out.

Edited by ProdigalSon

I think, and quite rightly, every member of TV supports the pregnant woman. The wife of the naval man showed what a stupid nasty bitch she is.

Further to this I belive hitting or abusing any woman is wrong and any person man or woman doing either of the above are in my opinion trash

Immmm, sounds good until you have a crazy women with a knife trying to stab you, sometimes turning the other cheek does not work.

I have a friend here on TV who often has to lock himself in his bedroom to prevent his drunken abusive wife stabbing or attacking him with a bamboo stick.

He was brought up to never hit a woman, but in those circumstances i don't think i would be so tolerant.

Apparently, the pregnant woman's boy, after hitting the Mercedes to begin with, then his mother and the Mercedes owner having an argument, had hit the Mercedes again and caused damage.

I think the pregnant woman had some responsibility to ensure it did not happen again. Maybe asked the kid to get-in to the car using the opposite side door.

Clearly the kid does not have respect for other peoples property.

I say attitude adjustment for both the Navy Admirals wife and the pregnant woman's brat boy.

Funny that.

These articles often leave out incredibly important information due to bias or just piss-poor reporting.

Where did you read this?

I'm getting lost. Is this speculation on speculation on speculation on speculation on...

To the speculative power of how much are these comments being made?

Is this all total hear say anyway?

Is there evidence?

These posts attract bored people who don't mind speculation, but it's mind rot. There are a lot of good posts on here. I know they're based on what would be sub-tabloid journalism and translated, but this is a bit of a non-story anyway.

If see someone's pregnant and you need to hit them, you just have to hit them in the head. You shouldn't be hitting anyone though. If a pregnant woman wants to get into big arguements that escelate into violence, then it's surely her who's to blame---sepecially if she and/or her friend initiate it.

There's some hypothetical speculation. Maybe it's also contributing to the farce?

But did the pregnant woman offer to pay the damage caused by her son?

My experience is that parents in Thailand don't care what their kids are doing, even not when it's obvious somebody or something will get damaged by their wild behaviour. In Thai society it's not done to correct kids from being kids.

Of course nothing justifies kicking a pregnant woman.

Funny that.

Read the eyewitness report in Thai, watch the video and then make comments like this when you know the facts. People who liked this comment should be ashamed of themselves.

The pregnant woman wash shoved to the floor by the navy woman. The pregnant woman then told her she shouldn't have done that because she's pregnant. Once the navy woman heard this, she proceed to kick her in the stomach which caused bleeding and a trip to the hospital for the pregnant woman. Try to condone that (trying to harm an unborn child) if you can.

The navy woman slipped over when attempting to kick the pregnant woman who was on the floor.

Thankfully this story has finally made the news (it's a few days old) as the navy woman's husband threatened everybody concerned that there would be trouble if the story got out.

Where did you hear the eye witness story? and the video from what i can gather doesn't show everything that happens is the camera is not trained on the exact spot where the incident happened.

If she did indeed kick the pregnant lady in the stomach and the witness testifies to that then she should go down for the maximum 2 year tariff they have for assault. I mean it is actually evil to do such a thing. How is it any different to kicking a baby on the ground? The admiral's wife better start sweating because i doubt this thing is wrapping up. Thai social media is getting super powerful now

How about if she has a gun, and is about to shoot you?

Not a smart move to try to strike someone with a gun.

Anyway, the pregnant woman was not armed. (in any sense...I realise you are not speaking what actually happened but the hypothetical) Funnily enough, not many are.

The navy admirals wife had kicked the pregnant woman in the stomach with intent to harm the baby.

If the pregnant woman had a gun, would we see the Mercedez owner giving her flowers afterwards.

Edited by meltingpot2015

My experience is that parents in Thailand don't care what their kids are doing, even not when it's obvious somebody or something will get damaged by their wild behaviour. In Thai society it's not done to correct kids from being kids.

Thailand or anywhere, parents when they are in public care about what their kids are doing (especially if it affects others). At least responsible parents do. If their kid bullies another kid and the parent sees it (most) parents will intervene.

It dosen't matter where it happens. Its a universal fact.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Thailand or anywhere, parents when they are in public care about what their kids are doing. At least responsible parents do. If their kid bullies another kid and the parent sees it (most) parents will intervene.

It dosen't matter where it happens. Its a universal fact.

Have to disagree. Went to local restaurants with my son and niece when they were young, constantly questioned my wife about their behaviour. Apparently no problem but I was always slightly embarrassed.