Romancing the truck. The glamorous life of the Pattaya Baht Bus Driver.

Jingthing

There is twice as many baht buses in pattaya than is needed, cut in half the number means less pollution and traffic, yes you may need to wait a bit longer for one to come along but the benefits far out weigh the wait.

I don't agree. They need to redistribute them more all over Pattaya.

Third Road badly needs a regular service.

Pattayaklang later in the evening and Pattaya Tai all day long could do with more frequent services.

What about Thepprasit and Pratumnak? Jomtien 2nd Road? No service at all as far as I know.

The baht bus routes haven't changed in at least ten years - and look how much Pattaya has developed in that time.

If reincarnation is real, which would you most prefer to be reborn as:

A -- A Pattaya baht bus driver

B -- An allergy prone garbageman in Dululth, Minnesota

C -- An obese transgender Bolivian sex worker, specializing in feet

D -- An albino Hare Krishna cult member in Nigeria

Duluth?? One of the best spots on the US map.....ship me back that way any old day....???

Certainly additional routes would be very welcome but I'm afraid it is a supply and demand issue. Of course if there's no supply...

I am very pleased with the improved quality of the buses. Not that many years ago the head room was much, much less. And the various "grips" on the back make boarding much easier and safer. All in all, I think the Bath Buses add hugely to the positive side of Pattaya.

There hasn't been a fare increase in over ten years. Maybe it's time for one. I think 20 baht for non-Thai at least. Yes, I know that causes problems. There was certainly an uncomfortable period of adjustment when the fare went from 5 to 10 baht. Dual pricing was attempted and failed in short order, to my chagrin.

Certainly additional routes would be very welcome but I'm afraid it is a supply and demand issue. Of course if there's no supply...

I am very pleased with the improved quality of the buses. Not that many years ago the head room was much, much less. And the various "grips" on the back make boarding much easier and safer. All in all, I think the Bath Buses add hugely to the positive side of Pattaya.

There hasn't been a fare increase in over ten years. Maybe it's time for one. I think 20 baht for non-Thai at least. Yes, I know that causes problems. There was certainly an uncomfortable period of adjustment when the fare went from 5 to 10 baht. Dual pricing was attempted and failed in short order, to my chagrin.

Why should non Thais pay extra???? So are you saying there should be dual pricing for all services and goods for non Thais!!! OK let's pay 130 bht for a bottle of Leo and your girlfriend/wife gets it for 65 bht. Get a life for goodness sake tourists pump millions into Thailand sure way to lose tourist is introduce dual pricing as the floating market does. Been there twice payed Thai price entry and you don't see a lot if tourists there

think your just trolling

E- The breast fed baby of Pamela Anderson.

My luck is I'd be a triplet in the middle on a bottle

Ur a bit of a strange character aren't u? Ru American?

Ur a bit of a strange character aren't u? Ru American?

Are you flirting with me? wub.png

• 2 months later...

Speaking of flirting and romance ... tonight a baht bus driver SPANKED my hand?!?

This was a bit of a first.

I was paying a totally non-controversial fare of 10 baht with 2 5's but the driver was rolling slow, wouldn't even fully stop, even though he was expecting my payment. So I get my hand in there quickly to deposit the coins but he seems angry and SPANKS MY HAND?!?

The coins went flying, I said something like, Hey watch out dude, (I revert to Californian sometimes) and then he drives off.

I don't get it. Maybe he knows me? wub.png

Speaking of flirting and romance ... tonight a baht bus driver SPANKED my hand?!?

This was a bit of a first.

I was paying a totally non-controversial fare of 10 baht with 2 5's but the driver was rolling slow, wouldn't even fully stop, even though he was expecting my payment. So I get my hand in there quickly to deposit the coins but he seems angry and SPANKS MY HAND?!?

The coins went flying, I said something like, Hey watch out dude, (I revert to Californian sometimes) and then he drives off.

I don't get it. Maybe he knows me? wub.png

Possibly you had already paid and this was simply an early symptom of dementia ?

He is probably a "20 baht" driver and remember you from last time , you did not act like a stupid tourist and refused to pay more then 10 baht.

Maybe. But the fare I was paying then was a definite 10. Could be because he was rolling for some reason he hadn't realized someone had gotten off. It was unusual that he would be rolling at all when expecting a fare.