Ducati - any impending price reductions planned?

funlovinkid

I'm aware of regular price reductions scheduled for Japanese bikes due to the existing Thai/Japanese trade agreement, but I'm wondering if any such price reductions are in the future (for any reason) for Ducati.

Any insights as to what the price might be for a new Ducati Monster in the near future due to reduced tariffs/duties, etc? I'm drooling over the idea of having a new Monster, but wondering if it would be worthwhile to wait until next year (or whenever any significant price reduction would be effective). tongue.png

Thanks in advance for any input!

I've heard - straight off the street so no sources - that the excise tax on bikes will be reduced next year, for big bikes. Something along the lines that the current 5 / 10 / 15 / 20% tax brackets depending on engine size will be replaced by a new universal 5% tax on all bikes. So big bikes in particular would drop in price.

I really don't know where this is coming from but ... google it. Chances are it's going to be mentioned in places ;)

Edited by nikster

nikster: that would be excellent news. I hope it'll happen. I still need a bike for touring smile.png

Regarding Ducati specifically: they make most of the bikes, including the Monster 821, here in Thailand. And there is no new treaty in the works with Italy that I know of that would reduce the prices for the imported parts.

That being said, price reducations are possible. They should still have some margin in there.

Awesome

Thai made DUC how cool no thanks !

Did you know a brand new DUC snapped the rear swing arm off riding up the motorway.

Rider dead the Italians were straight on the plain. After seeing that I will pass on the red fella

Ducati was sold to the Germany-based Audi/Volkswagon a few years back and thereafter the production started in Thailand.

There is debate about how this has affected the mechanics of the brand however,it certainly hasn't affected the price here. I've been sporting an infatuation with the new 'Scrambler', but with a tix-price close to $5,000usd more than in N.America... I'm finding it hard to justify,especially for that model.

HaleySabai: what are you talking about? There was a huge price drop when they made the bikes locally and the Scrambler costs about 10.5k USD here, show me where you can get one for 5k USD in North America.

I see it with a list price of $8.5k in USA but that probably doesn't include delivery charges and taxes.

Why would one buy an italian designed bike made in Thailand? Worst combination that exists smile.png

....after Benelli of course.

Aha, you'd rather have a burmese designed bike made in Eritrea? Strange preferences you have there...

EJK, I did a Google search for information about the Ducati swing-arm failure you mention below, and I can't find anything. I would be very curious to learn more about this, and especially to determine if it's fact, or just rumor. Can you provide any reference information?

Awesome

Did you know a brand new DUC snapped the rear swing arm off riding up the motorway.

Rider dead the Italians were straight on the plain. After seeing that I will pass on the red fella

Having been the owner of a Thai made Multistrada for 2 years and sold it for half its value, I would not touch another Ducati with a barge pole, ever again. Constant niggling problems. It has nothing to do with made in Thailand before that old line starts up. Just do a search on 2015 Multistrada problems. On the UK Ducati Forum when I last looked there were 87 pages of complaints about the latest model, all roughly the same issues as my 2013 model had. I met a German guy in Laos who had one back home, exactly the same issues with his.They have a great bike to ride, completely spoiled by the attention to detail in the electronics department. I would have thought now they are owned by Audi, they would sort the issues but no chance. As long as people buy them, they dont give a shit. I bet most will not buy a second one though.

Buy Japanese, I just have and will never buy Duke again.

EJK, I did a Google search for information about the Ducati swing-arm failure you mention below, and I can't find anything. I would be very curious to learn more about this, and especially to determine if it's fact, or just rumor. Can you provide any reference information?

Awesome

EJK is gone, riding his pcx into the sunset

Edited by pokerkid

Having been the owner of a Thai made Multistrada for 2 years and sold it for half its value, I would not touch another Ducati with a barge pole, ever again. Constant niggling problems. It has nothing to do with made in Thailand before that old line starts up. Just do a search on 2015 Multistrada problems. On the UK Ducati Forum when I last looked there were 87 pages of complaints about the latest model, all roughly the same issues as my 2013 model had. I met a German guy in Laos who had one back home, exactly the same issues with his.They have a great bike to ride, completely spoiled by the attention to detail in the electronics department. I would have thought now they are owned by Audi, they would sort the issues but no chance. As long as people buy them, they dont give a shit. I bet most will not buy a second one though.

You have to be a bit lucky with the electronics and the fueling. Some people have a lot of issues and some have hardly any issues. This applies to all the models. Bought a new Multi here in los too in 2013 and I only had the fuel sensor changed. Done 15,000 km so far. I am planning on keeping it for a long time because I really don't like the looks of the new 15 and the fact that it has even more electronics. Edited by Nickymaster

You have to be a bit lucky with the electronics and the fueling. Some people have a lot of issues and some have hardly any issues. This applies to all the models. Bought a new Multi here in los too in 2013 and I only had the fuel sensor changed. Done 15,000 km so far. I am planning on keeping it for a long time because I really don't like the looks of the new 15 and the fact that it has even more electronics.

22,000kms on mine in 2 years. 4 fuel sensors and the 5th packed up the day I sold it. Start switch was sticky, bent the wheel rims riding on normal roads, heated handlebar grips stopped working, rear stone catcher mudguard cracked and fell off, got spurious warnings on the dash when riding.

Just got seriously fed up with keep having to go to the dealer to fix things. My nearest was 100kms away so I would lose half a day to take it up there for them to check it, order the parts, then half a day to get the part replaced, multiply that 10 times and it gets very tedious.