First chapter of 'Cyber War' to begin Thursday

webfact

What important is your moral trait. ...You always need freedom but ask for security and respect of human rights, but how can that be possible? Gen. Prayuth said. No, it isnt. Because everyone is self-centered and always blames the law but never blame themselves.

I suppose you believe that you are perfect because you never blame yourself for the justified criticism..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, if this is the government's primary concern, "to end defamation of his government online" then there is a lot of brain-storming to be done in-house.

I believe (or would like to believe) that this is a deflection for the main reason that this project is still on the table.

Still, whatever the reason, i foresee it ending badly.....................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

The Prime Minister at the UN:

“Thailand has always accorded priority to protecting and promoting human rights for all groups of people,” Prayuth said Tuesday in his speech to the annual General Assembly in New York. “Thailand is undertaking comprehensive reforms on several fronts to make our country stronger and better in the hope that we will achieve security, prosperity, sustainability and pave the way toward resilient democracy.”

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

What makes you think there would be much difference if someone else was the head of Thailand's ruling military junta? It isn't the man, it is what he represents - can you still not see that even now?

Duh?

That Happy G is just doing 1 thing. He is about to drive Thailand totally into the ground. Must say that he was not first in the queue when the brains were awarded here in Thailand. May Buddha help Thailand and it`s people.

Can't wait for the usual suspects to put a positive spin on this!

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

Why in your mind is everyone that's against the junta pro-PTP. Your the one with ghost in your mind. Most of the anti-junta is pro-democracy and that is not equal to pro-PTP. Thailand DON'T NEED Thaksin NOR Suthep NOR AV NOR the junta. Thailand need true leaders which will act in the best interest of ALL of its people and that's the problem. From the lowest civil servant to the highest one, from the local politician to the highest one they are all corrupt. They act in their own best interest, seek total power and don't blink an eye to defraud or steal. Sadly in Thailand it is your face but the rest of the world isn't much better if ones think about the Clinton's and Blair's of this world.

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

Well!!!! You finally put your glasses on so you can see what is really going on. I am glad for .

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

Why in your mind is everyone that's against the junta pro-PTP. Your the one with ghost in your mind. Most of the anti-junta is pro-democracy and that is not equal to pro-PTP. Thailand DON'T NEED Thaksin NOR Suthep NOR AV NOR the junta. Thailand need true leaders which will act in the best interest of ALL of its people and that's the problem. From the lowest civil servant to the highest one, from the local politician to the highest one they are all corrupt. They act in their own best interest, seek total power and don't blink an eye to defraud or steal. Sadly in Thailand it is your face but the rest of the world isn't much better if ones think about the Clinton's and Blair's of this world.

You just summed up the issues with Thai and World politics in one paragraph - and nailed it spot on.

How many German ministers have been kicked out for false PhD's or Brits done for fiddling expenses, lying to avoid driving bans etc etc.?

Whatever happened to honesty and integrity - long gone virtues it seems.

One Gateway Internet - yes, no, yes, no, on hold, being investigated, no, yes, no, yes.

Submarine purchase - yes, no, yes, no, need more studies, need more quotes, no, yes.

Nice to see the decisive implementation of government strategy.

Civilian governments couldn't make their minds up on much, contradicted one another, did u-turns and of course lied.

But this is military led. And still constant contradictions and lies.

No one seems capable of following the party line or making a decision and sticking too it. Much more important to seemingly keep face and tell a few little lies if necessary to do so.

The government, politicians and former politicians, the civil service, the police and military all seem to operate like this,

Amazing Thailand indeed - you never know what's coming next or how long any decision will last before it's reversed!!

Starting to see the light eh smedders?

Lines are being drawn. I wonder if this is what will kick it all off?

Does your pulse race just a little faster at the thought of "something kicking off" ?

In a word, yes. I am full of admiration for people who are willing to risk it all for their ideals. The idea excites me and makes my heart race.

Don't know where you are from but my homeland owes a hell of a lot to people like that.

I think the Supreme Leader has confused defamation with criticism. But clearly criticism, open dialogue and alternative viewpoints equate defamation when you are paranoid and desperate.

In his speech to the UN, he claims he is working towards ushering in a "resilient democracy." One would think that a peaceful dialogue, sharing of opinions and even dissent would foster such a system. For a democracy to be resilient, it must be inclusive and allow the people to speak out and share their vision of what they want and expect Thailand to be both in the near future and for successive generations.

The PM did not mince words this time and make excuses about becoming a hub, increasing efficiency etc. I think it is clear from his words that dissent will not be tolerated under any circumstances. The single gateway is going ahead and if you don't like it, beware the consequences.

So no one has explained to him and his cronies that it will hurt business with its major trading partners, China included?

Really, its about time trade organizations from Japan, Europe, USA etc, start issuing statements that it will affect trade....negatively.

" They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! "

No, but trolls are unfortunately allowed.

So no one has explained to him and his cronies that it will hurt business with its major trading partners, China included?

Really, its about time trade organizations from Japan, Europe, USA etc, start issuing statements that it will affect trade....negatively.

Get some info about TPP and TIPP ... all this is coming from the US and will be implemented everywhere !!!

Because it is good for business ... if you are the one having the data !!!

What makes you think there would be much difference if someone else was the head of Thailand's ruling military junta? It isn't the man, it is what he represents - can you still not see that even now?

For once I agree with you. It's not who is in charge of a regime it's what the regime stands for that counts.

Which is why I will still "dislike" the PTP and the reds no matter who is the head rat of those nests. thumbsup.gif

You're one of those types who says "Any enemy of my enemy is my friend". Doesn't matter if he's much much less acceptable than your enemy, you'll still tolerate him. I know a much better saying which goes "Cutting off your nose to spite your face. djjamie and english john please take note.

We didn't imagine you pal, you seem to make a pretty good job of defending everything and anything the current regime comes up with. Unlike you, even djjamie, english john and baerboxer have yet to speak out in support of this "ridiculous single gateway internet".

Well this truely sucks. It also probably explains why my internet quality has taken a serious nose dive during the last 3 weeks. It now seems to be getting significantly worse on a daily basis.

Time, I think, for this idiot and his band of loonies to exit the stage. He has now shown that he has ZERO intention of reforming Thailand. More like he is going to turn it into another North Korea.

What a truely sad situitation Thailand now finds itself in.

I wonder how much longer ThaiVisa will be alowed to continue?

"...junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha said taking control of the internet by implementing a single gateway system was necessary to end defamation of his government online..."

That sounds like a statement from someone who plans to be in his position for a long time to come.

“What important is your moral trait. ...You always need freedom but ask for security and respect of human rights, but how can that be possible?” Gen. Prayuth said. “No, it isn’t. Because everyone is self-centered and always blames the law but never blame themselves.”

I think the wheels are coming lose.

That is Thailand !

Does anyone here really believes, they will run the single gateway successful for longer than 3 months ???

Will go the same route as speeding cams on the motorway, navy ships and and and ...

Most likely out of order after 1 months due to bad maintenance, lazy officials and management appointed based on relations.

Edited by BernieOnTour

the activists have my support.

unfortunately I am not a skilled programmer or hacker, so I cant help anyone.. Lol

Well there's a reason they've got F5 in their name, the hactics aren't too technically taxing.