First chapter of 'Cyber War' to begin Thursday

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can a government NOT be prepared to accept criticism? Most modern and western governments accept it. Thailand will never get out of being a 'third world country' until it accept these things and lets people speak out about what they want.

They think that being "developed" means having technology....cheesy.gif

Statements like this really don't help keep anyone from being "defamed". They just give activists much more ammunition. The one positive is that he is being honest about his reasons for the single gateway. The statement from CAT earlier in the day was such obvious garbage.

like an itch, the more they scratch it, the worse it gets.... let's sit back and enjoy the show!

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

Anyone who could get rid of the Shins was OK in my book so, I took a chance and returned to Thailand after 10 years.

Like you, I am very disturbed about this single internet gateway as it was one of Thaksin's main weapons.

Can't wait for the usual suspects to put a positive spin on this!

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

We didn't imagine you pal, you seem to make a pretty good job of defending everything and anything the current regime comes up with. Unlike you, even djjamie, english john and baerboxer have yet to speak out in support of this "ridiculous single gateway internet".

Guess you missed my earlier comments on this thread and/or other postings on the single gateway internet? Hard keeping up but do try.

As Mike says, too many Shin fanboys like to label any who dare comment against the clan as junta lovers in the hope it discredit there comments and allows them to spew more PR bilge.

The usual suspects have disappeared without trace. It would seem that they have given up the ghost...at long last

With "ghost" being the pertinent word in your comment. You and your fellow PTP fanboys have for too long been imagining these ghosts that you insist are TVF members who defend everything and anything the current regime comes up with, like this ridiculous single gateway internet.

Got bad news for you, tb, baboon and friends - these ghosts are all in your mind, which is why they don't take your silly baits. They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! ph34r.png

" They don't allow ghosts to have TVF accounts ! "

No, but trolls are unfortunately allowed.

If the cap fits ........................

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

Well!!!! You finally put your glasses on so you can see what is really going on. I am glad for .

I comment on what I see "someone else to take the lead" meaning an accademic (none military) educated person who understands diplomacy and what Thailand needs - the end goal remains the same, Thailand is not ready for elections until this happens

We didn't imagine you pal, you seem to make a pretty good job of defending everything and anything the current regime comes up with. Unlike you, even djjamie, english john and baerboxer have yet to speak out in support of this "ridiculous single gateway internet".

Guess you missed my earlier comments on this thread and/or other postings on the single gateway internet? Hard keeping up but do try.

As Mike says, too many Shin fanboys like to label any who dare comment against the clan as junta lovers in the hope it discredit there comments and allows them to spew more PR bilge.

You do like that "Do try to keep up" line don't you. Please give it a rest it's getting a little bit frayed.

I group you with the rest of the junta crazies out of force of habit, you seem to spit the same venom most of the time.

This is a most depressing story and set of responses.

So a mysterious anonymous group 'announces' it is going to attack the governments computers.

As a result, any mayhem/injury/death they may cause could presumably give a government a reason to forcibly take addition control of the Internet and perhaps the existing gateways.

Which would thus negate the need for the single gateway that would have been hard to achieve anyway.

Heads, we lose, tails they win. Bye bye Internet.

Don't know if it's connected, but been trying to watch x-factor catch up for 6 hours and my VPN is being repeatedly kicked out of action. 6 hours to try to watch a 2 hour show.

Really hope this 'gesture' doesn't send Thailands (and therefore my) internet back into the dark from where it's only recently started to emerge from.

So a mysterious anonymous group 'announces' it is going to attack the governments computers.

As a result, any mayhem/injury/death they may cause could presumably give a government a reason to forcibly take addition control of the Internet and perhaps the existing gateways.

Which would thus negate the need for the single gateway that would have been hard to achieve anyway.

Don't know if it's connected, but been trying to watch x-factor catch up for 6 hours and my VPN is being repeatedly kicked out of action. 6 hours to try to watch a 2 hour show.

Really hope this 'gesture' doesn't send Thailands (and therefore my) internet back into the dark from where it's only recently started to emerge from.

bbc are blocking vpn access recently announced, check the news

Well, it's Thursday. Does this mean our international speed will increase today when "they" shut down the govt.'s bandwidth? giggle.gif

With article number which must not be named, our dear PM could just order to pull the plug and shut down Thailand's communication network system,... Edited by MaxLee

How can a government NOT be prepared to accept criticism? Most modern and western governments accept it. Thailand will never get out of being a 'third world country' until it accept these things and lets people speak out about what they want.

They only do the same what first world countries are doing. Have a look a Germany, Austria or the US how they stop criticism right now.

In this point Thailand is a first world country.

............."you seem to make a pretty good job of defending everything and anything the current regime comes up with".................

Once again you tell blatant lies about me in a vain attempt to create an imaginary enemy to attack and insult.

For the last time, I am not a defender of the current regime. Provide evidence to the contrary or admit you are a liar.

They only do the same what first world countries are doing. Have a look a Germany, Austria or the US how they stop criticism right now.

What nonsense. For your argument to have even a passing acquaintance with reality Fox News – which attacks the US admin relentlessly – would need to have been taken off the air years ago.

Edited by Snig27

What nonsense. For your argument to have even a passing acquaintance with reality Fox News – which attacks the US admin relentlessly – would need to have been taken off the air years ago.

Correct, and some comedians base their shows on it, the late George Carlin comes to mind, and Jon Stewart. Australia has many of them, the governments and politicians provide a constant source of fresh material.

What’s next? Citizens are only allowed to own a government controlled PC licensed after thorough screening done by an attitude adjustment team near you?

In case the hackers would shut down the telecommunication- 24 hrs. No sms, no selfies- expect a revolution.

bbc are blocking vpn access recently announced, check the news

BBC Can block their content (when they detect known VPNs) but they can't disconnect my Internet/VPN, which is what I'm now experiencing. That is something that is happening at either carrier level or my VPN provider. My VPN provider reports business as usual so it is almost certainly happening at carrier or AP level.

Also, x-factor is ITV not BBC, and I use a different service for BBC, which is Proxy based and much harder for them to block.

I only use the VPN for UK Telly viewing so it's not the end of the world yet as there are alternatives for that, but anything that puts roadblock on my internet is very unwelcome.

Attacking government servers when a country is as chaotic as this is just plain fool-hardy. Unless they know the government intimately, it's impossible to predict the domino effect of their actions and innocent people could be seriously inconvenienced or even harmed.

For example, imagine if the visa and passport databases went offline and everyone was refused entry at the border, or at least made to wait hours/days at the border while the checks were made by telephone.

That's just one simple and obvious example, but there are many many unforeseen consequences due to domino effects.