Thailand Salary Guide 2015

• 11 months later...
On 10/21/2015 at 8:26 PM, zierf1 said:

Those are obviously jobs for the 1% in Thailand. Where are the factory salaries? 7/11 wages? Certainly they don't represent what the average person on the street is paid. My wife says Thai people will work hard for 7 or 8,000 baht a month. Which is why the typical rent is just 2-3k baht a month.

The salaries clearly say TOP 10.

what confuses you about this?

As for your wife, and the cost of an apartment, perhaps outside the capital, but the thais i call friend are well within these limits and most certainly arent living in 2-3 thousand baht hong dio's.

you think all those nice cars on the road are foreign owned?

Edited by HooHaa

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 1:10 PM, Don Mega said:

The smell of buffalo excrement is strong in this post.

As someone has just resurrected this thread after a year, I saw this post.

Seems highly posible to me. Not sure which part you thought was BS:

That:

- it's his SIL? = Don't see why not.

- "Very responsible job" = subjective. But credit approval does need responsible people to do it properly

-  Evaluates loans of THB 200mn up = very possible if she is working in a credit approval function for MNC or large corporates within wholesale banking

-  Salary of 45k = highly possible. If anything I'd say that's a bit on the low side if she's senior and very responsible. My guess would be she's late 20's early 30's so maybe not that high up but it's all relative.

-  Works 10-14 hours, 7 days a week. Credit functions, particularly for wholesale clients can end up putting in some long hours. Official hours may be 8.30 to 5 or whatever 5 days a week. In reality they work much longer. 10-14 hours a day wouldn't surprise me. 7 days a week suggests coming in at weekends regularly. Saturday is not uncommon, but I wouldn't expect it 7 days all the time. Peak perios maybe. If it is all the time she should be having a word with her boss

- Single. Can't boil an egg = highly possible. A lot of professional young ladies in banking/ accounting etc put some long hours in at work on their careers, leaaving little time for dating. Also as they are financially stable they can afford to be more picky with the guys they choose. Those around late thirties are also on the "golden beam" where it's getting a bit late for marriage but they are financially and career wise doing well in Thai terms

Cheers

Fletch :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2015 at 7:28 PM, BobTH said:

Are the salaries based on 1 months pay? I did not see anywhere it told that but assume they are monthly.

It states just above the position column that it is for monthly in Thai bahts. I had to look closely.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2015 at 10:26 AM, PattayaPhom said:

Better wages and conditions didn't come to any nation without fighting for them through strikes etc........if wages here are too low maybe the workforce should unite.

Uniting here in protest is a potentially very dangerous thing to do as laws can be manipulated to construe such collective action as tantamount to an action against the government.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...