Sending Money To Gf

jjrbus

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see whats hard about it. U can also just use money gram or western union her a check every month too. And she can deposit it or cash it, up to her. Or what tutsi said. I think most companies u work for have direct deposit internationally as well. Check with your work.

You said the cheapest way mate.

open a bank account at home get an ATM card that can be used internationally, send it to her via DHL, she can then draw out what you want to deposit for a very small percentage charge.

Basher

From our friend Marko

So she won your heart; Now you gotta pay!

You met this great Thai woman (or man), and you know she (he) is desperately poor, and you'd like to help by sending money periodically. You are dumber than shit and you wanna know how do you do this? Well, OK, here goes...

There are two ways: money transfer and debit card. The debit card method is cheaper.

Money Transfer

This method is best when you just want to send money once or a few times, not regularly.

First have her open a bank account if she doesn't have one already, and send you the bank and account details. You can then transfer money via your bank, doing a telegraphic transfer (also called a "wire transfer" or "inter-bank transfer" or "SWIFT transfer" depending on what country you are living in). This costs between US$25 to $50, depending on the country you live in, and the bank you deal with, so it generally is not worthwhile doing unless you are sending more than $200. Some banks charge less than others, so it probably wouldn't hurt to shop around and ask what the fees are for this kind of service.

Debit Card

Open an account in a bank in your town that has the PLUS or CIRRUS symbol displayed. This means they are on an international ATM ("automated teller machine", also called "banking machine") network. PLUS and CIRRUS are both international, and do the same thing, and charge the same rates to their customers (the banks). Some banks belong to both networks, some to only one, (and some to neither).

The account should be in your name. Get an ATM card (also called a "debit card" or "bank card") from the bank, put some money in the account, and use the card in any ATM to verify the card is OK by checking the balance or actually withdrawing some funds.

Mail the card to your friend in Thailand by registered mail. When she acknowledges receipt of the card, mail or email her the PIN (the identifying number you have to enter when using the ATM card). Don't mail the PIN with the card in case the letter gets into someone else's hands.

She can then go to any ATM in Thailand that displays the same symbol (PLUS or CIRRUS), insert the card, enter the PIN, and Bob's your uncle, she can withdraw any amount of cash (in Thai baht) up to the limit of what you put in the account. Your bank will automatically do a currency conversion from Thai baht to your currency. Since this is a separate account from your normal account, there is no danger that she (or anyone else if the card is stolen) can access your money in your normal bank accounts. Also, she can't withdraw any more money than what is in the account. So make sure there is no overdraft facility on the account when you open it!

Most banks will charge a fee for each withdrawal. Some banks charge as much as US$5, but most are less. Shop around and find a bank that has the lowest fees for international ATM transactions. And tell your Thai friend to withdraw substantial amounts, not go back to the ATM every day to withdraw $5, because the fees make that uneconomical.

So periodically you can transfer money into that account, and your friend can access it the same day. If you do this on a regular basis (say, at the first of every month, or the first and fifteenth), and tell your friend the arrangement, then she will know to go to the banking machine on those days and can withdraw the money.

With some banks, it is possible for the account to go negative (have an overdraft) even though overdrafts are not allowed, because she can withdraw the entire amount in the account, and the fee for international withdrawals will then be applied, pushing the account into a negative status. Some banks let you get away with this, and some charge a huge penalty (of say US$30). So check with your bank what their policy is. If you don't like their policy, you can do one of three things:

• change banks;
  • keep an eye on the account (via the bank's Internet banking service) and transfer enough money in immediately to bring the account back up to zero; some banks will let you set up a rule that will be applied automatically to sweep money from your normal account into this account to keep the account non-negative;
  • tell your Thai friend not to withdraw the entire balance, but to leave xxx Baht in the account at all times. This may or not be possible, depending on whether the ATM in Thailand tells her the balance of the account. This is a function of your bank, not the ATM or PLUS or CIRRUS. Some banks make the balance available, and some don't.

Well, someone asked, so I told. But really...

You said the cheapest way mate.

open a bank account at home get an ATM card that can be used internationally, send it to her via DHL, she can then draw out what you want to deposit for a very small percentage charge.

Basher

Thats exactly the best way!!!

I done that every time i was in Thailand and had no problems at all. Just make sure that you do it all in one go. It still does cost roughly 150 baht each time you withdraw the money.. not much at the time but after a while... 150 becomes 500..

I work for western union..... Its ok for a once of with security garunteed but... not once a month... too many costs :o

Debit Card

Open an account in a bank in your town that has the PLUS or CIRRUS symbol displayed. This means they are on an international ATM ("automated teller machine", also called "banking machine") network. PLUS and CIRRUS are both international, and do the same thing, and charge the same rates to their customers (the banks). Some banks belong to both networks, some to only one, (and some to neither).

The account should be in your name. Get an ATM card (also called a "debit card" or "bank card") from the bank, put some money in the account, and use the card in any ATM to verify the card is OK by checking the balance or actually withdrawing some funds.

Mail the card to your friend in Thailand by registered mail. When she acknowledges receipt of the card, mail or email her the PIN (the identifying number you have to enter when using the ATM card). Don't mail the PIN with the card in case the letter gets into someone else's hands.

She can then go to any ATM in Thailand that displays the same symbol (PLUS or CIRRUS), insert the card, enter the PIN, and Bob's your uncle, she can withdraw any amount of cash (in Thai baht) up to the limit of what you put in the account. Your bank will automatically do a currency conversion from Thai baht to your currency. Since this is a separate account from your normal account, there is no danger that she (or anyone else if the card is stolen) can access your money in your normal bank accounts. Also, she can't withdraw any more money than what is in the account. So make sure there is no overdraft facility on the account when you open it!

Most banks will charge a fee for each withdrawal. Some banks charge as much as US$5, but most are less. Shop around and find a bank that has the lowest fees for international ATM transactions. And tell your Thai friend to withdraw substantial amounts, not go back to the ATM every day to withdraw $5, because the fees make that uneconomical.

Didn't I just say that? :o

Thanks guy's, I really appreciate the info. I also appreciate the honest imput on being dumber than shit ect. I alrready knew that, but its nice to have a second, third , 4th opinion. Ive got lot's of money, I lent a falang a bunch of cash, and he gave me a big bag of emeralds to hold, and he does not seem to be coming back. I can't get ahold of him, so I guess they are all mine. I feel bad taking advantage of the situation, but at some point I have to cash in :o

When I was married to a MEX and living in mexico,I would take jobs in the states and I had a friend that had a bank acct in the states and used his ATM card in mexico,So I would deposit money for my wife in his acct and he would withdraw a set amount each month and give to her, :D

.So I will give you my US bank acct number and address and you can put the money in it, I can take it out with my ATM card, and I will give it to her when I see her,OK. :D

Also I have a very nice toll bridge [a real cash cow] going from san francisco across the bay to Marin county,and I would sell it very cheap,so if interested after you sell your bag of emeralds,give me a holler. :o

listen mate.. If this girl in your eyes is worth sending money, then theres probably a few other doing the same thing. U hacked her email? Alwayz the best way to tell how full of <deleted> they are if ya ask me, and u soon realise why god gave ya common sense :o

My advice is to forget about her!!

Theres plenty of others that will look after ya next time u visit, use yer head lad!

Just do what you want mate, it's only money and when it's gone, go and earn some more.

You could even become an english teacher here, scraping by and living on borrowed cash for years, it don't matter!

Just enjoy yerself

Bash

Just do what you want mate, it's only money and when it's gone, go and earn some more.

You could even become an english teacher here, scraping by and living on borrowed cash for years, it don't matter!

Just enjoy yerself

Bash

I give a standing second to Basher's advice...and it appears TizMe has covered all of the bases for getting money to the GF.

I fall in love every time and on every trip to LOS...sometimes, multiple times on the same trip and sometimes I fall in love with the same lady for a second or even a third time. I have given money and never regretted it...money is just money, don't let your feelings over-ride your pocketbook, don't take anything to personally (you don't ever really lose your BGF, you just lose your place in line, water buffalos go thru shoes very quick and are prone to a variety of illnesses and sometimes Grandmothers do die 2-3 times, and so on and so on). Have a good time at no ones expense but your own...

Just enjoy yerself

Bash

I give a standing second to Basher's advice...and it appears TizMe has covered all of the bases for getting money to the GF.

I fall in love every time and on every trip to LOS...sometimes, multiple times on the same trip and sometimes I fall in love with the same lady for a second or even a third time. I have given money and never regretted it...money is just money, don't let your feelings over-ride your pocketbook, don't take anything to personally (you don't ever really lose your BGF, you just lose your place in line, water buffalos go thru shoes very quick and are prone to a variety of illnesses and sometimes Grandmothers do die 2-3 times, and so on and so on). Have a good time at no ones expense but your own...

The whiners who slate you for sending money have probably been burnt before and are too modest to share their tips with the rest of us... :o

The whiners who slate you for sending money have probably been burnt before and are too modest to share their tips with the rest of us... :o

No Chon,

They just wish someone would send them some money instead, its the poor guys that always complain about guys sending money to the girls, the richer guys dont give a shit, its only a bit of money, you aint giving her a Kidney!

It must really piss a guy off that is living on his shoestring budget (or an English teacher) when he hears of people sending money, personally i think they deserve all money sent to them, you seen the state of some of these guys, jesus h christ....The girls should be awarded medals as well as some monthly cash handouts.

If guys are willing to travel Thousands of miles to sexually exploit another human being for money, then they should surely not be abused for the simple act of sending money to her without her having to suffer the sexual exploitation that comes with it!!

Buy her a house you tight bastard!!

If people are in the Expoitation Business, (and i think every guy that gets on a plane with the intention of going to Thailand for the purpose of having sex cos its cheap), is in the exploitation business, how the ###### can they then turn round and complain cos people want money?

You have seen the girls with these fat, hopeless, Grey Haired old men that travel to Thailand with the sole intent to have sex on the cheap.........................

The girls get money that way, why do you think that it is so wrong for the girls to get money minus the abuse?

No Chon,

They just wish someone would send them some money instead, its the poor guys that always complain about guys sending money to the girls, the richer guys dont give a shit, its only a bit of money, you aint giving her a Kidney!

It must really piss a guy off that is living on his shoestring budget (or an English teacher) when he hears of people sending money, personally i think they deserve all money sent to them, you seen the state of some of these guys, jesus h christ....The girls should be awarded medals as well as some monthly cash handouts.

If guys are willing to travel Thousands of miles to sexually exploit another human being for money, then they should surely not be abused for the simple act of sending money to her without her having to suffer the sexual exploitation that comes with it!!

Buy her a house you tight bastard!!

agreed, if the guy is a fat old 60yr old that the girl cant possibly enjoy time with/gettin nailed by, fair enuf, they probably deserve to get ripped off.

It when they exploit the younger guys who a naive and dont know any better that pisses me off...

A friend of mine is a prime example, he just wont listen though, just keeps on giving more and more and more money. The worst thing is, the little hoe he gives it to shows absolutely no gratitude, and just wants more and more.. Shes gettin over 50k a month now off him + digs and still wants more..

Shes a spoilt little rotter as far as im concerned and looks like something out of a cartoon and prances round like shes some sort of superstar, im not sure how he can look her in the face without being sick while hes rammin her, fit for the bin..

U see middleaged women in bangkok going through bins pulling out every piece of recycleable stuff the can find to try and scrape together a living.. And these bar girls are stealing a living through lies and deceipt..

I dont know how anyone can defend these little freeloading tramps, there scum..

Err I am up for a little exploitation myself, I can't teach english as I have a terrible yorkshire accent and even Brits don't understand me, but I am skint so any takers, I am your man... or woman so to speak, just be gentle with my 'Farmer Giles', they are fair nipping right now and last nights curry didn't help!

T

Err I am up for a little exploitation myself, I can't teach english as I have a terrible yorkshire accent and even Brits don't understand me, but I am skint so any takers, I am your man... or woman so to speak, just be gentle with my 'Farmer Giles', they are fair nipping right now and last nights curry didn't help!

T

I'm sure you get some action down Soi Pattayaland 3 , take a few tampons for the arse grapes though , ask for Bud Z..... :o

I dont know how anyone can defend these little freeloading tramps, there scum..

But apart from that, how much do YOU send a month? :D

I send 100k a month to my little hoe, i send her this much because I love her to bits. I cant wait to get too pattaya and ask her how many times she had her back door kicked in, while ive been in bangkok working all week :D

She tells me she need this much so shes always got a plentifull supply of vaseline to keep her *** nice and tight for when I get there on a weekend. :o

Mad Francis is right, vasaline does work well but it does tend to 'clump'

I prefere good old 'spit'

T

would have to dissagree with ya there mate, its only me that gets to spit in my girls ass. I wouldnt be able to touch her if I knew she'd had 20 other people spitting in her bum while i'd been away for the week :o