Thailand Post employee caught stealing parcels on CCTV

webfact

Thailand Post employee caught stealing parcels on CCTV
By Coconuts Bangkok

thailandpost_steal.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand Post admitted yesterday that its employee and his friend stole several bags of parcels at the Cha Choeng Sao Post Office, continuing their reputation as an organization famous for throwing, folding, damaging and just flat out losing mail.

After a video showing two men going through people's mail before escaping with two large bags of parcels was broadcast through media this week, Thailand Post said it has filed a police report and is currently investigating the incident.

The CCTV footage was taken from 5am on Sunday. Police identified the two men as Anekpong Sinnawa, 20, who worked at the Postal Delivery Sorting Center and his friend Niyom Huhuad-lee.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/22/thailand-post-employee-caught-stealing-parcels-cctv

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wha'a shocker of a revelations... lucky the CCTV cameras weren't stolen too,

I used to think that all those thousands of parcels that gone missing

just melted into thin air... now my trust in Thai post is shattered beyond repair....

Edited by ezzra

I think the same thing happens at other postal systems

all over the World,not just Thailand, but in the West too,

all they need to do now is catch the bastard that stole

the birthday card with money in that was sent for my daughter.

regards worgeordie

regards worgeordie

I worked as a postman for a while back in the late 80s and while there were some seriously delusional individuals with real alcohol problems, there was little real theft on this scale or done so brazenly. Not due to any moral qualms though, the post office had measures in place that made theft very hard to get away with in the sorting office.

On the rounds was different but anyone stupid enough to steal the mail they were delivering was soon found out.

The first to be exposed, the 10 millionth to do it.

I hope you choke on the stuff that was stolen from me.......well over 60k worth

I wholeheartedly second your sentiments.

Dozens of my items stolen over the years by the thieving employees of Thailand Post................

regards worgeordie

I worked as a postman for a while back in the late 80s and while there were some seriously delusional individuals with real alcohol problems, there was little real theft on this scale or done so brazenly. Not due to any moral qualms though, the post office had measures in place that made theft very hard to get away with in the sorting office.

On the rounds was different but anyone stupid enough to steal the mail they were delivering was soon found out

I don't know if still true but years ago I used to deliver bulk mail to central post offices in Boston and inside the sorting areas, they all had enclosed, overhead catwalks with one-way viewing windows so employees would never know when they were being watched. I got to know a retired postal inspector a few years ago and he said the amount of stuff stolen from US Mail was pretty large but the big wigs covered it up as much as they could, always making plea deals to avoid public trials so the public wouldn't loose confidence.

On the rounds was different but anyone stupid enough to steal the mail they were delivering was soon found out.

As I recall, they had a larger problem with Letter Carriers who just got lazy and didn't deliver the mail. It wasn't that unusual to read stories about Postal Inspectors going into some LC's home and finding tons of undelivered mail...mostly magazines, junk and catalogs.

Edited by dddave

regards worgeordie

On the rounds was different but anyone stupid enough to steal the mail they were delivering was soon found out

I don't know if still true but years ago I used to deliver bulk mail to central post offices in Boston and inside the sorting areas, they all had enclosed, overhead catwalks with one-way viewing windows so employees would never know when they were being watched. I got to know a retired postal inspector a few years ago and he said the amount of stuff stolen from US Mail was pretty large but the big wigs covered it up as much as they could, always making plea deals to avoid public trials so the public wouldn't loose confidence.

As I recall, they had a larger problem with Letter Carriers who just got lazy and didn't deliver the mail. It wasn't that unusual to read stories about Postal Inspectors going into some LC's home and finding tons of undelivered mail...mostly magazines, junk and catalogs.

Worthless postal employees are everywhere.

Mailman failed to deliver thousands of letters

Edited by jaywalker

This is the exact post office I've been using A LOT in the past 5 years. Fortunately for me, nothing got stolen from me going out or coming in. And I also have to say that the postal service here in Thailand seems to work a lot better than in my home country (Italy). When I was younger, I used to work at a big post office there, both at sorting and as delivery. We had a guy who was found to have stolen 1000s of private letters.

Hearing other people complaining here, I must regard myself as lucky it seems.

If I'd ever catch one, I'd beat him senseless! I have lost (due to Thai Postal Services mishandling) two important packages and one envelope in my 2.5 decades here, and all of them had personal items and presents in them, stuff that can never be replaced... One held a booklet with signatures of famous actors and a movie director for a movie I participated in, another one held (besides personal private letters and photos of a deceased friend) a custom made t-shirt and a few other items from a far away journey. The envelope was an important document that I was able to get another copy of though, but with a stamp saying that it is "just" a copy... I can understand the hatred and frustration of the victims of such a lowlife to the fullest and hope that this particular one serves prison time combined with "physical abuse" - we all know what I mean, no? smile.png

Edited by MockingJay

More from the article:

"A committee to investigate who was responsible for the Sunday morning shift has been convened"

Are they even aware how absurdly incompetent this sounds?

(don't answer that,...just let it go...)

I'd like to know how many participants they expect and in which posh hotel the event takes place.

Never use Thailand postal disservice. And Yes it happens in first world countries too the big difference is they do real time in first world countries.

I think that if they are convicted they will get a lot harsher sentence than you would in first world countries, of course it will also depend on "Who's" mail they actually stole. If it is a "Hi So" they will probably be locked up and the key thrown away, a bit like that unfortunate woman who was pocketing a few Baht at her job on the highway toll booths, she got something like 40 years +

regards worgeordie

Please stop your apologist attitude, everyone who has been here for more than a day knows what a bunch of scammers they are. Don't know how I manage to sleep at night. Anyone who tells me that if I don't like it I should leave is a ( feel free to fill it in)

The first to be exposed, the 10 millionth to do it.

I hope you choke on the stuff that was stolen from me.......well over 60k worth

I wholeheartedly second your sentiments.

Dozens of my items stolen over the years by the thieving employees of Thailand Post................

To be balanced and fair, I never had any issues for a number of years until about 18 months ago, since then anything that may look like it has any value whatsoever has disappeared. Most notably, gifts sent for my kids' birthdays and Christmas. I tell my family now not to bother sending any gifts or cards with money inside, better to give to a worthwhile charity, which by the way does not include the thai post office.

Again, before this time I used to have complete faith in the postal system and even had quite important items sent via the normal mail system. They have had ZERO credibility with me for around a year now and my trust is not easily won back.

regards worgeordie

I remember being told by a friend who is a postman, that many of the big sorting centres these days rely on temporary agency staff. He told me a registered or recorded delivery sticker was basically an indicator that the letter was worth pinching.

On a different note, I was somewhat disconcerted whilst driving a taxi in Bath a couple of years ago to come round a corner in Oldfield Park to see a lad in a post office jacket and jeans, with two large bags of mail, standing by the side of the road leafing through an A to Z! God alone knows how long it took to deliver those bags of letters!

I am currently waiting for a package mailed from the US on August 24. The help center and the local PO both say the tracking number is not in the system. Should I give up? Or should I call Anekpong and Niyom to check if they have it? I was told 25 years ago that only about 85% of the mail actually makes it through. Any guesses on the real percentage?

regards worgeordie

Please stop your apologist attitude, everyone who has been here for more than a day knows what a bunch of scammers they are. Don't know how I manage to sleep at night. Anyone who tells me that if I don't like it I should leave is a ( feel free to fill it in) ...

... a person who is not blinded with senseless rage like you are ?

... a person who realizes that deciding to live here implies trying to enjoy the good aspects and put up with the bad ones ?

... a person who doesn't think that post colonial arrogance is perfectly normal ?

... a person who doesn't spend his time lashing out at people of another country just because they're not exactly the way he wants them to be ?

The word 'apologist' is really beginning to get on my nerves, like all ready-made words that stem from ready-made thinking.

Do, please, by all means, pack your bags and go back to your country, where you will doubtless indulge in the same ranting activity after one or two months. Because this ranting disease is not due to the country you live in, it's the result of your own bitterness and frustrations.

Edited by Yann55

Best stories about postal systems was in the Middle East. Ramadan they threw all the post in the sea. Never had a letter go astray myself but one or two Brits questioned where their wives love letters were and got divorced soon after.