Can Disability pensioner get a 1 year non immigrant visa?

Hi i am a 45 year old aussie guy on a disabiltiy pension and i am wondering would i be able to get a 1 year non immigrant visa for thailand? Or does it have to be for work , study, spouse etc.

I have a friend who is philippines but she lives and works legally in thailand and i would be staying with her if that makes any difference?

If not what other visa could i apply for that allows me to consistenly stay there? Can i get a 3 month tourist visa and do a visa run? Is that expensive?

How much money will i need to have in my bank and how much per month from my pension?

I have been to thailand 3 times before on 1 month trips.

Thanks

Muffinzman

The best you can hope for is a tourist visa which allows a 60 day stay. Tourist visas are available (currently) allowing 1,2 or 3 entries.

Each entry provides for a sixty day stay which can be extended at an immigration office by 30 days for a fee of 1900 Bht.

Apply to the Australian Thai Embassy or one of the Consulates for the visa.

The only other option you may have would be a Education Visa which in total would be expensive.

Do a google search for Thai Language Schools if this is of ineterest.

Thanks oncearugge for replying.... I am not familiar with any visas and what they mean so i will ask you....Hypothetically i have a 60 day visa and say i had 1 entry does that mean at the end of the 60 days i leave the country and then can come back for another 60 days.....does 2 entries mean i can do that twice etc

Or does it just mean in that 60 days visa i can come and go up to 3 times? Sorry for my niavety...

Also just out of interest if i have some money in my bank and i am recieving a monthly pension why would i not be allowed a 1 year visa? I am guessing a retired person would have a monthly pension to get a retirement visa?

Thanks

Muffinzman

Unfortunately not. Once you reach age 50 you could if you have a pension of at least 65k baht pm or can show 800k baht in the bank.

Tourist visas are your only real option unless you plan to take a study course. A new multiple entry tourist visa is being launched on Nov 13th. After that date it is possible that 2 and 3 entry tourist visa will no longer be available. We are waiting for confirmation.

There is an Elite visa available that would allow you to stay for 5 to 6 years. That costs 500k baht upfront.

If you were not outside australia several years ago to live you will not be able to get your disability pension for more than about 6 weeks overseas and you can only do that once a year.,

Proper full details are at Centrelink.

Ok thanks guys it looks like it will be a tourist visa ....

If your planning on coming soon it would be a good idea to apply for a double or triple entry tourist visa close to but before Nov 13th.

Serious question, can you elaborate on the significance of November 13? thanks.

Ok thanks guys it looks like it will be a tourist visa ....

If your planning on coming soon it would be a good idea to apply for a double or triple entry tourist visa close to but before Nov 13th.

Serious question, can you elaborate on the significance of November 13? thanks.

A new multiple entry tourist visa (METV) is being launched. It's more expensive and the criteria stricter than the exiting tourist visa. We know that single entry tourist visas are staying but some embassies that have announced the new METV have said the 2 and 3 entry options won't be available after Nov 12th.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...