Thai Army cyber warfare unit to counter hackers under preparation

webfact

Come on I was going to watch JERRY LEWIS but this guy has me on the ground

I don't think they even have a server from my knowledge the hospitals are running PC that could find my bill..... I had to threaten her to pay it

SERVERS he says.......Let's have the government concentrate on the public system first like any other leader HEALTH.....

I set up my server she's from Isan. The relays a little slow but welcome to Thailand

There's a great movie ENEMY OF THE STATE

GREAT VIEWING FOR THE JUNTA

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot imagine the Thai military having any real secrets to protect.

Imagine a military that

- has no accountability to a nation's government

- controls the three branches of the government

- controls state-owned enterprises

- sits on the board of directors of major corporations

- is not bound by a people's rule of law

- conducted coup d'etat almost every four years

- has officers with unusual wealth

- is exempt from any civilian criminal prosecution

- owns its own properties

- controls the national police

- conducts government to government deals with no civilian oversight

- engages in human trafficking

and you have a very closed organization vulnerable to the flame of disclosure.

Should say: Thai Army is ready to silence internet dissent

I think it says EXACTLY that and nothing else. There is no other benefit to a single gateway. But with the press freedom situation being the way it is we can probably anticipate nothing but more good news for the foreseeable future.

The whole thing is a farce, one group uses the F5 button to take down websites and the other has created a unit to deal with this "threat" but hasn't actually employed anyone yet as they have to trawl through the ranks to find someone with enough 1337 skillz to fight these "hackers".

The mind boggles

Unfortunately this isn't true on the monitoring and disinformation side of their activities. The army have had a cyber unit for many years now (if I remember correctly 2006). The primary tasks of this unit was to counter anti-monarchy elements on the internet and to enforce the computer crimes act (duplication of the police). There was an article about them in The Nation but this was removed within a couple of hours. What I can remember of the article is that they were involved in placing +- 12 000 posts per day from middle 2011 to the end of the year. These posts was not limited to Thai websites.

Just after the coup a red shirt guy on the run was caught due to these guys work.

I however agree that with the international crowd involved we could be seeing interesting leaks appearing on the internet over the next few months as the hacking of systems are much more difficult to prevent than it is to distribute dis-information.

Other than disrupting a government website, that until they announced their ridiculous single gateway plan, that no one ever visited anyway, what hacker would have any interest in Thailand? The people that attacked that website hardly had to be hackers anyway. All they did was overload the website.

Thailand the hub of internet security.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Cyber warfare is not the language of reconciliation. This shows the lying governmental thieves for nothing more than they are.

It`s going to be a good dose of attitude adjustment for you, my lad.

Let them try to extradite foreign nationals residing outside Cryland's borders and see how that goes down at the next Hide In Your Hotel Room Party at the UN Assembly.

Given that the role of the Thai military is too control and oppress internal dissent, I would think the Royal Thai Army will easily find a cadre of savvy Facebook users amongst its ranks to monitor and control online threats from within.

Couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.......finding hackers that could be globally located is a very distant dream for them......unless of course the posts from hackers came from FB, Thailand......which is doubtful....Thais don't hack so well!

I am very skilled at hacking, both internal and external... I would like to apply for the Master Hacker position within the new Cyber Warefare Unit... The remuneration I'm asking for for is only 200 K baht a month, and and 10 year visa :) Where do I apply?

I hope they put up a better fight than they did against the Japanese in WW2.

Maybe Thailand will just open up their firewalls and let them in?

Wait for the announcement of success with promotions and 'campaign ' medals awarded.

I hope they put up a better fight than they did against the Japanese in WW2.

Maybe Thailand will just open up their firewalls and let them in?

It shouldn't be difficult then if they can hold out for maybe 30 minutes it will be a much better success. (But of course we all know that Thailand is the only country in Asia that has never been occupied by a foreign power...cough cough!)

Colonised dear buy, colonised. The choice of wording being critical on this point.

Colonised? No,, Occupied? Oh Yes.

Take a look at this young man on u-tube search for Integrating a New Generation of Warriors | Scott Seidenberger | TEDxCornellU.

He makes sense, get the old guys, set in their ways out and let the New generation of cyber warriors do their thing.

Worth a look!

"Cyber warfare unit to counter hackers under preparation"

At last ! A battle the army can really sink their teeth into ! post-4641-1156694005.gif

The Military Technology Centre organized the Army Cyber Contest last month to identify soldiers who posses high proficiency in online data analysis.

This crack squad will be the equivalent of the SAS. thumbsup.gif

Why in the world would anyone who is internet savy say somthing like this publicly? You might as well issue a challange to all hackers.

Exactly what I thought.

But later I realised it supports them to create reasons to do this. They'll have these attacks and then they can say 'You see ??? we were right all along !!!'

They must have think tanks working for them, othetwise they wouldn't be able to come up this wouldn't they ? :-P

Edited by Rimbuman

I just fell off the chair laughing !!!

I've been rolling around on the floor laughing so much that i think i'll need an oxygen tank installed since this whole fiasco about single gateway and how it will be SOOOOOOOOOOOO good for everyone started. now with this hacking and thai army anti cyber unit, my head is starting to explode. just when you think this place can't get any crazier, it goes and gets crazier. I can't do my 90 day reporting online cos the government webpages are so archaic. but blow me down, this same government IT department are going to track down hackers. PLEASE STOP BEING SO F"N FUNNY THAI JUNTA. its quickly killing me clap2.gif

Anonymous, international hackers who no one in NATO, China or Russia has been able to stop, has now set it's sights on the Great Wall of Thailand and the junta. They have no one but themselves to blame for it, either (and I personally do not like hackers...they're usually simple vandals).

This cyber warfare unit is needed, but quite obvious with being concerned about "internal security".

They are not bringing a knife to a gunfight. They are bringing stone knives and bear skins to fight a modern gunship.

In my opinion Thailand is invisible to the international community. Nobody cares about a third world banana republic and what happens internally.

Thailand has nothing to offer that the rest of the world needs.

The only people who seem to care what goes on is 1% of Thai national citizens, the military and the expatriates who want Thailand to be like the countries they are from.

When I'm in the states I never here an international news headline involving Thailand.

I was in Thailand when the shrine bombing occurred and friends contacted me to see if I was okay so BKK did make headlines.

I am very skilled at hacking, both internal and external... I would like to apply for the Master Hacker position within the new Cyber Warefare Unit... The remuneration I'm asking for for is only 200 K baht a month, and and 10 year visa :) Where do I apply?

Cheap Charley :D

Anonymous, international hackers who no one in NATO, China or Russia has been able to stop, has now set it's sights on the Great Wall of Thailand and the junta. They have no one but themselves to blame for it, either (and I personally do not like hackers...they're usually simple vandals).

This cyber warfare unit is needed, but quite obvious with being concerned about "internal security".

They are not bringing a knife to a gunfight. They are bringing stone knives and bear skins to fight a modern gunship.

White hat hackers are useful, Black hat I agree are criminal. I do agree with you in that I cant see Thailand being able to do what the rest of the world can not