Will Honda replace the Phantom 200 with a 300 anytime soon?

Kf6vci

The Phantom 200 power to weight ratio is so low it's not funny. To call it a chopper is an insult. A single cylinder 200cc, has more hardware wieght, sissy seat, panmiers and saddle bags than a Harley Davidson Fatboy. Common, it's for posers and not for practical riding. A liitle Honda Click has more power to weight ratio, but not the Easy Rider macho look.

"Easy Rider macho look"?

Erm, not sure the Honda Phantom achieves that. To me it is a chopper looking (ish) bike but it is too heavy for its engine which makes it unwieldy and pretty useless on the road. Its a pointless bike really and doesn't have any place as a classic. It sold because it looked a bit like a chopper and it was cheap.

attachicon.gifeasy rider copy.jpg

Where's the photo of the Honda Click that was referred too? We stem to be agreed on our opinion of the Phantom. First time I saw a Phantom, I thought someone had stolen the engine. Its may be a "cruiser" and they are collectively called "choppers" by some Thais.

Erm, you weren't referring to the Honda click. You were saying that the "Honda Click has more power to weight ratio, BUT NOT the Easy Rider macho look." So the Phantom has the "Easy Rider Macho Look", right?

So drug dealers Peter Fonda and Denis Hopper were riding 200cc Honda Phantoms in that film were they....didn't they do well? With Jack (nick, nick, nick) Nicholson on the back too......

I wish I kept mine now...........

So drug dealers Peter Fonda and Denis Hopper were riding 200cc Honda Phantoms in that film were they....didn't they do well? With Jack (nick, nick, nick) Nicholson on the back too......

I wish I kept mine now...........

They are still for sale but some people are now asking silly prices for them.

Personally i used to drive a Honda Click for a few years, and now the last 3 years i drive a Phantom.

I have to say, if you want to get quickly around town, get the Click.

BUT..

If you want to have a solid bike that will not fail you, when driving far outside the city, i think Phantom i perfect.

Its slow starting up, its not very fast, its heavy and sluggish.. Little bit like me haha ;-))

But i love it.

I got my Phantom because sometimes i like to drive to the border to get visa stamp or just a nice trip on a few hours..

Never felt good doing that on a Click or anything like that.. Always worried that maybe it would die on me, in the middle of no-where..

Never had that feeling with my Phantom.. I think it will keep driving forever..

I do not think it look like a chopper, and i hate harley Davidson.. If i got one for free i would sell it, and buy a upgrade (Honda Phantom 750).

Originally the Phantom was designed to have 197 cc for the market of Sin

i thought they originally had 150cc two-stroke.

Yes and than the next model went to the 4 stroke. The 2 stroke was a piece of sxxt. I have had 6 of them.

If the two-stroke was such a piece of sxxt, why did you have six of them.

Just curious.

Oh geez Ok I had 1 - 2 cycle and 5 of the 200cc bikes. Still have 1 200cc I love it.

Love my Phantom 200cc going on 12 years with 30k km. Great bike for in the city but not for long distance. An old man's bike.

I have had my 2005 model a little over 6 years now and I put 45,xxx km on it.

It starts first time every time but a high speed crotch rocket it isn't. It does however get me to where I want to go to, albeit a little slowly.

I am an old man of 71 with a bad back and crook kneecaps and the Phantom works for me very well.

Keep it going it is a great bike for the money. No need to go fast around here in CNX you are only looking for an accident.

When was the Phantom taken off the Honda production line?

I thought it was some time ago? If so it's very unlikely to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.

More bad news I am afraid..

In the making of the film "Flight of the Pheonix", the Pheonix crashed and killed the pilot.ohmy.png

........"I'm just saying!!"

I believe the CB150 has overshadowed the Phantom 200. It sells well so money talks.

The Phantom is no longer available so how do you know this? The CB150 looks are not the same. The Phantom is a great looking bike under powered yes but who cares for city driving.

I believe the CB150 has overshadowed the Phantom 200. It sells well so money talks.

The Phantom is no longer available so how do you know this? The CB150 looks are not the same. The Phantom is a great looking bike under powered yes but who cares for city driving.

I agree they are completely different. Phantoms were a popular new bike and now it is very common to see many CBR150's on the road (especially for the loan sharks in Isaan)

Ride whatever you enjoy, that's all that is important IMO

Edited by DILLIGAD