small money and being young but happy

phuketruski

Don't we already have a 'golden oldies' thread?

That was the past. This is the future. Now is now. The only way there is no future for you is if you're dead but the future will get along without you anyway.

hitting the loa khoa early today i see.

Nah -- I drank it in the future which is now so it's all gone.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, kind of a bum lifestyle but you're still young and if you're a cute lad I might've even taken you up in my house, fair is fair :)

The only thing I don't like is your complaining attitutde and unrealistic baffling, like million dollar houses which is plain nonsense of course, yes I understand it can be hard to find a good job and before you know it you only work to pay the bills. I hated that too when I quit school, I hated it so much that I started to look for other income streams.

But I don't hear you about that, what's stopping you from doing something for yourself, starting your own business? Don't come up with no money as i've done it multiple times in very succesful ways and starting with tiny bits of money so there's no reason to complain about bad economy and such. It's always one type of people that blame the economy, eg the people that think all they can do is work for someone else while there are tons of other options, especially now with the internet and all that.

Twenty years ago there was no internet.

Anyhow enjoy your life till your 25th or so, then return to your country, find a job, no matter what, and start working for something for yourself on the side, you can use your money from your job to fund it, it's not like you need a lot of money as right now you're living on $25/week.

some are you old guys are seriously miserable, bitter and negative. If you are so happy I'm not sure why you are giving him such a hard time. If he gets the gamble wrong he is the one who will lose.

And at least he tried. Some of these old guys wanted security first and foremost and then realise that just maybe they should have tried something else. It's steeped in regret of a life not lived to the full.

some are you old guys are seriously miserable, bitter and negative. If you are so happy I'm not sure why you are giving him such a hard time. If he gets the gamble wrong he is the one who will lose.

And at least he tried. Some of these old guys wanted security first and foremost and then realise that just maybe they should have tried something else. It's steeped in regret of a life not lived to the full.

Which is why they end up chasing tail in Thailand, desperately trying to live the life they should have done when they were young.

Which is why they end up chasing tail in Thailand, desperately trying to live the life they should have done when they were young.

Why should've done when they were young. I am an ugly dude that couldn't get anyone and at 35 I arrived in Pattaya, ya bet I'm catching up lol. Sure I could get some when I was younger but you get my point. Anyway can't blame the current 65 year olds, back then it wasn't as easy as it's now, besides the housing market that most have profited nicely from. Sell the house, move to Thailand, heck why not.

Anyhow they mean it well as I'm seeing the same as them, a damn lazy generation that isn't building up any pensions, which are only getting less and less due to pension funds crashing so what is this generation going to do when they are 65? You tell me! People are getting older by the day, now 80 is perhaps average, after it's 85-90 who knows, that's a long time from the day you stop working.

Ok too far away perhaps, but try to find a job when you're 40 and a huge gap in your resume and no education, I wish you luck. Personally I advice people to work for their selves, but most are even too stupid or lazy for that. My life is unlike most, no education either, but I do know how to take care of myself instead of relying on others and I have a real workers mentality. Kind of the generation in between that's also full of losers btw. Heck in my country the people with education work in factories as too many people have an average education, and even for lame jobs they require a certain level of education so the ones partying all long are gonna have a tough time when they're older, guaranteed, and they're gonna regret it. So instead of being some wise ass you can better take the advice from the negative 'oldies' as they know a little more than you think. Wisdom comes with age :)

So, if a man has alot of "tail" as a young man he should forget about it as he gets older. Sad indeed.

Yes we be desperately lookin pa nub in da wrong paces

The OP says bliss is being a 20 something living with a 30 year old model for free. Maybe so

I didn't really do as The Man told me, but bliss is also being a 60 year old in Thailand with a girl (very) much younger and that maybe doesn't come for free, but so what? -- you can't take it with you. BTW this photo was from yesterday. If the boo birds want to say that she doesn't stay with you other than for the money, I say, with a bod like that, who cares? 6 years on now.

E3_OCT2015.JPG

I'm sure you said in

another thread that she

could be on a magazine

cover. Didn't realise you

were talking about

WeightWatchers

If you are young, smart, hard working individual, with vision for opportunities....most countries are good to make a good living working independently, and Asian countries are between the ones with greatest business opportunities, because its low cost of sources, and incentives to exports.

Getting a degree, and a 9 to 5 job, is just a warranty for a mediocre life. Entrepreneurs can make it faster and better in any country.

I personally regret not to coming to Thailand well before I did.

It is true that entrepreneurs can make it anywhere. but if you have a business idea, cash and whatnot, go to Cambodia or Vietnam where they really welcome foreign investment and aren't as xenophobic and closed as Thailand...

Although people like to claim life in Thailand has much less restrictions that back "home" truth of the matter is it is a pretty heavily regulated country with lots of laws and big brother watching you, Thailand is NOT where it is at in SouthEast Asia in terms of going out in the world and making a living....

plus, there are SO many more worthwhile places in the region, this isn't 1985 anymore, its all open

Edited by Smurkster

If you are young, smart, hard working individual, with vision for opportunities....most countries are good to make a good living working independently, and Asian countries are between the ones with greatest business opportunities, because its low cost of sources, and incentives to exports.

Getting a degree, and a 9 to 5 job, is just a warranty for a mediocre life. Entrepreneurs can make it faster and better in any country.

I personally regret not to coming to Thailand well before I did.

It is true that entrepreneurs can make it anywhere. but if you have a business idea, cash and whatnot, go to Cambodia or Vietnam where they really welcome foreign investment and aren't as xenophobic and closed as Thailand...

Although people like to claim life in Thailand has much less restrictions that back "home" truth of the matter is it is a pretty heavily regulated country with lots of laws and big brother watching you, Thailand is NOT where it is at in SouthEast Asia in terms of going out in the world and making a living....

plus, there are SO many more worthwhile places in the region, this isn't 1985 anymore, its all open

Agreed Cambodia is a better countty for youth to start from the bottom but its also too poor and the khmer women are less likely too look after farang like thailand.