Fiance Visa Australia.

:o has anyone gone through the fiance visa stream to Australia?

Any help would be great.

I thought I would start a fresh topic for 'Thai gf 2 australia'.

What does this mean?

"you genuinely intend to marry your fiancé(e) within nine months from the date you are granted a visa, and intend to then live with your partner as their spouse;"

How do i prove this.

Do I see a marriage celebrant in Australia? Do I need her birth certificate?

Just to verify for myself and anyone else that is considering the same I will go through my checklist of bs. Please correct me if I miss or get anything wrong.

I have an appointment with my local member of parliament and hope to get some sort of letter of support.

1. Her passport. done.

2. A sponsor form. no problem

3. Application. in English. :D no problem.

4. proof of Earnings. I gross 60k. no savings. 10k c/card debt.

5. Proof of relationship. (I have to work in Australia but I get there for a bout 6 weeks of the year.) i'm 35Young and shes 21. thats ok isn't it?

I have Some photos of me and her. And with her mum' brother.etc. but I usually try to avoid the lens.

I have Phone bills showing calls 4 to 5 times a week for the last 14 mnths.

I have records of money transfers for the last 6 months.

6. I think I need 2 stat decs from Aus residents that know me and my Gf. (This is a problem. Does the person have to have met my gf. Could I have my parents or friends write stat decs that they know my gf without having met her.) also a letter from her mother, father etc no problem.

7. Police clearance. I got my Australian police clearance but We still have to get hers. As I understand it we have to get a letter of introduction from the Aus embassy and go to the police headquaters with it and her family book and Passport photos.

8.health check and interview. oh shit. I'm terrified I'll will get a cw with pmt.

What are my chances. :D

:o has anyone gone through the fiance visa stream to Australia?

Any help would be great.

I thought I would start a fresh topic for 'Thai gf 2 australia'.

What does this mean?

"you genuinely intend to marry your fiancé(e) within nine months from the date you are granted a visa, and intend to then live with your partner as their spouse;"

How do i prove this.

Do I see a marriage celebrant in Australia? Do I need her birth certificate?

Just to verify for myself and anyone else that is considering the same I will go through my checklist of bs. Please correct me if I miss or get anything wrong.

I have an appointment with my local member of parliament and hope to get some sort of letter of support.

1. Her passport. done.

2. A sponsor form. no problem

3. Application. in English. :D no problem.

4. proof of Earnings. I gross 60k. no savings. 10k c/card debt.

5. Proof of relationship. (I have to work in Australia but I get there for a bout 6 weeks of the year.) i'm 35Young and shes 21. thats ok isn't it?

I have Some photos of me and her. And with her mum' brother.etc. but I usually try to avoid the lens.

I have Phone bills showing calls 4 to 5 times a week for the last 14 mnths.

I have records of money transfers for the last 6 months.

6. I think I need 2 stat decs from Aus residents that know me and my Gf. (This is a problem. Does the person have to have met my gf. Could I have my parents or friends write stat decs that they know my gf without having met her.) also a letter from her mother, father etc no problem.

7. Police clearance. I got my Australian police clearance but We still have to get hers. As I understand it we have to get a letter of introduction from the Aus embassy and go to the police headquaters with it and her family book and Passport photos.

8.health check and interview. oh shit. I'm terrified I'll will get a cw with pmt.

What are my chances. :D

You are getting there. All of the foregoing will hold you in good stead. I'm glad you got your police clearance but sadly it isn't needed. Only hers. And you will get the PMT lady at the Embassy.

and dont forget if your wife returns to LOS b4 getting permanent residence then she needs another police clearance for return to OZ.

Isn't that bloody ridiculous Bronco. Or would they prefer the Thai applicant to abandon the Thai family for four plus years while PR is achieved ? And as you well know, getting the clearance orgainised is hard unless there's family or friends in Bkk to ensure it gets done.

I reckon it is Doc, it means for us we gotta spend a day in BKK stuffing around getting it. It is only 2 years from date of visa application to get PR though, strife has an interview here in Nov. we considered waiting but ??