German national arrested in Chiang Mai for drug trafficking

webfact

German National Thomas Leiner Arrested in Chiang Mai for Drug Trafficking
By Cheewin Sattha

CHIANG MAI – German National Thomas Leiner, 53, has been arrested and accused of selling illegal drugs, police seized methamphetamine pills at his house in Mae Rim district on Friday.

Mae Rim police chief Pol Col Adul Somnuek told the Bangkok Post a team of police officers raided his home in tambon Don Kaew and arrested Mr.Thomas Leiner, a German national, after 78 speed pills and two packs of methamphetamine were found inside his house.

The suspect has been charged with possessing illicit drugs with intent to sell.

The arrest came after police caught Theeradet Chaichana, 25, of Chiang Mai, at an apartment in Muang district of this northern province on Thursday after some speed pills were found in his possession.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/german-national-thomas-leiner-arrested-in-chiang-mai-for-drug-trafficking.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-10-24

He confessed after being dobbed in by a could be undercover police or customer.

Then he confessed to selling drugs for a long time to mainly falangs and for his own use.

There was a food vendor in the tunnel betwwen soi five and soi 7 Sukhomvit who used to sell Ya Ba, to thai girls then dob them in, so for a falang to buy and sell is very dumb in LOS, or for that matter anywhere.

Any one who does anything illegal with a Thai is crazy. They do not believe in "stand by your mates". As soon as they get caught for anything they sing like a canary. They are definitely what we call staunch. They will give you, their Mum, their mates or girlfriend up at the drop of a hat. They believe in SMS. Save My Skin.

He confessed after being dobbed in by a could be undercover police or customer.

Then he confessed to selling drugs for a long time to mainly falangs and for his own use.

There was a food vendor in the tunnel betwwen soi five and soi 7 Sukhomvit who used to sell Ya Ba, to thai girls then dob them in, so for a falang to buy and sell is very dumb in LOS, or for that matter anywhere.

Re' the food vendor - Bastardo !

Not enough money going to the correct people?

Even if you did pay money to the people who you believe are the "correct people" you are still far more vulnerable and far more of a target than Thai people doing the same thing.

I surmise the drug dealers actually think they can simply always pay off the police before or during and certainly after the fact ....but often enough an attempted pay off does not get you out of trouble completely...or sometimes not at all.

The police in Thailand really like to come down on the small time drug dealers and blow the whole arrest scenario out of proportion making like the small time drug trading activity and the arrest is the crime of the century.....while the big time drug dealers and drug lords are seldom if ever scrutinized or arrested...and we all know the numerous reasons why.

Cheers

I repeat Chiang Mai is a cesspool . Could not pay me enough to stay there. With scum like this meatball he is a fine example of what CM now attracts.

What you write shows a lot about your character, you dont know this guy but you talk bad about him,

I know this guy very well, and the name of our friend in the article is completely wrong,

he never sold anything to anybody, the drugs in his house was only for personal use,

the Thai man is the dealer and he accused our friend to get a better deal with the police after catching him..

He owns 3 houses in Germany and he has a monthly income of 3500 Euro, the only thing he was doing in Thailand was living in with his wife, driving motorbike and 1 times a week going out to a bar.

Yes he took drugs and this is for sure not the best way to live but he never sold anything in the last 13 years he lives in Thailand! He ecen doesnt own a mobile phone, ( very unusual for a drug dealer or?)

The police make a big deal because a foreigner counts 10 times more than a Thai if they catch.

People here should be a little bit calm and not write b*llsh*t about others if they dont know the facts!!!

I repeat Chiang Mai is a cesspool . Could not pay me enough to stay there. With scum like this meatball he is a fine example of what CM now attracts.

What you write shows a lot about your character, you dont know this guy but you talk bad about him,

I know this guy very well, and the name of our friend in the article is completely wrong,

he never sold anything to anybody, the drugs in his house was only for personal use,

the Thai man is the dealer and he accused our friend to get a better deal with the police after catching him..

He owns 3 houses in Germany and he has a monthly income of 3500 Euro, the only thing he was doing in Thailand was living in with his wife, driving motorbike and 1 times a week going out to a bar.

Yes he took drugs and this is for sure not the best way to live but he never sold anything in the last 13 years he lives in Thailand! He ecen doesnt own a mobile phone, ( very unusual for a drug dealer or?)

The police make a big deal because a foreigner counts 10 times more than a Thai if they catch.

People here should be a little bit calm and not write b*llsh*t about others if they dont know the facts!!!

He's still a prat for dabbling in drugs in Thailand even if it is for personal use you can't deny that,and of course he's going to be made an example off as he's a foreigner.

I have no sympathy for the man.

Also given the amount of drugs found he must have some habit and the quantities in his possession would not be considered as for personal use so he deserves all he gets and should know better,why didn't he keep 10 pills in the house and a gram or two,sorry but I think the for his own use is dubious.

Edited by stoneyboy

78 speed pills,thats a hell of a lot for personal use,with quantities like that,

the police just take it for granted you are a dealer,3 houses in Germany,

i wonder if they will be looked into ,and how they where bought.

ChickenrunCM,maybe you need to choose your friends more carefully,

regards worgeordie

What sort of chump takes speed at 53?

I know waitresses that take it because they work 15+ hour days.

What's his excuse?

Still going to raves?

Methinks you don't know him very well at all.

How many of you are aware of the news this week that the UN plan to recommend that ALL Governments decriminalise drugs?

The news was released by Sir Richard Branson

"the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), which has shaped much of global drug policy for decades, call on governments around the world to decriminalise drug use and possession for personal consumption for all drugs. This is a refreshing shift that could go a long way to finally end the needless criminalisation of millions of drug users around the world. The UNODC document was due to be launched at the International Harm reduction conference in Malaysia yesterday."

Full details - http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/finally-a-change-in-course-on-drug-policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-to-call-on-governments-around-the-world-to-decriminalise-all-drugs-says-richard-branson-a6699851.html

I doubt it will happen in Thailand any time soon, but I look forward to when more progressive people are in charge and the ridiculous drug laws are changed.

A 53 age old guy having 78 ? Speed pills a home and owning 3 Houses in Germany with an income of 3.500 EURO from abroad living in Chang Mai ??? HaHaHa, maybe a true story, but not the kind of people I want to have around me. Best to deport him back to Germany, 3.5K in Euro a month is sufficient money to make a living over there and I am sure that the quality of the drugs there is better as well.

How many of you are aware of the news this week that the UN plan to recommend that ALL Governments decriminalise drugs?

The news was released by Sir Richard Branson

"the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), which has shaped much of global drug policy for decades, call on governments around the world to decriminalise drug use and possession for personal consumption for all drugs. This is a refreshing shift that could go a long way to finally end the needless criminalisation of millions of drug users around the world. The UNODC document was due to be launched at the International Harm reduction conference in Malaysia yesterday."

Full details - http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/finally-a-change-in-course-on-drug-policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-to-call-on-governments-around-the-world-to-decriminalise-all-drugs-says-richard-branson-a6699851.html

I doubt it will happen in Thailand any time soon, but I look forward to when more progressive people are in charge and the ridiculous drug laws are changed.

Yes...it is agreed upon by most that the recreational use drugs should be decriminalized for the end users while they should seriously focus on the manufactures and suppliers / sellers of the various recreational use drugs.

Interesting to note how the police forces around the world never stand up and advocate that the end users should be treated in a different manner rather than arrested and prosecuted ....and more importantly...... how they should be spending all their time arresting the suppliers ...while the police commonly know who and where the suppliers are.

In effect the police sustain the suppliers by spending most of their time and resources catching the end users with little consequence concerning just how much of the drug is made available by the illegal suppliers who are breaking many laws ...not just selling the illegal narcotic itself.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have known this guy for over 12 months and been to his Bday party and on a few Bike rides and NOT ONCE has he ever tried to sell me drugs nor have I ever seen him doing drugs or any inclin he was doing them.

After his arrest we obviously talked about it and no one else was ever offered drugs either it was clear he was personally using them at home as none of us besides one knew he had a problem.

I am told it is not unusual for someone who smokes meth to use 10 Meth pills a day so when you look at 70 odd its not that much for an addict.

Its a shame he is a real nice guy