Prayuth vows to push forward Thailand-UN cooperation

Jonathan Fairfield

BANGKOK, 24 October 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed intention to foster cooperation between Thailand and the United Nations and to promote the philosophy of sufficiency economy.

On occasion of the United Nations Day which falls on 24 October, Gen Prayut remarked that the UN has played great roles in ending international disputes, promoting human rights and providing assistance in economic and social development areas since the last seven decades.

He said Thailand as a UN member state is where the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific is located and has been joining the UN in providing aid to refugees as well as personnel for the UN's peacekeeping operations.

The premier said the UN presented the Human Development Lifetime Achievement Award to His Majesty the King to commemorate the 60th anniversary of his reign which brought utmost joy to the Thai public.

During the recent UN general assembly in New York, he added that the Thai government had expressed intention to make major reforms in Thailand and to implement the sufficiency economy as part of the national development scheme as well as to help create sustainable peace in the world.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-24 footer_n.gif

This just makes me want to bust out in a song! guitar.gif

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Edited by phoenixdoglover

The philosophy of sufficiency economy is not what Thai people want in the 21st century. So trying to force this idea on Thai people will bring about the downfall of this government. The PM doesn't seem to understand that the youth of today are no longer confined by rules and regulations, so self sufficency economy, blocked internet, failing economy, lack of human rights etc, etc will see the red generals emerge.

On the back of the £20 note, there is the Adam Smith quote which espouses the benefits of the division of labour, from the 18th century. Yet the self-appointed Prime Minister of Thailand in the 21st century wishes to drag not only his society back to a medieval subsistence existence but the rest of the world too!

Or does he just want to waffle on creating a false impression that Thailand is exporting some miraculous economic theory to the rest of the world whilst avoiding mentioning anything else in terms of international relations.

BANGKOK, 24 October 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed intention to foster cooperation between Thailand and the United Nations and to promote the philosophy of sufficiency economy.

On occasion of the United Nations Day which falls on 24 October, Gen Prayut remarked that the UN has played great roles in ending international disputes, promoting human rights and providing assistance in economic and social development areas since the last seven decades.

He said Thailand as a UN member state is where the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific is located and has been joining the UN in providing aid to refugees as well as personnel for the UN's peacekeeping operations.

The premier said the UN presented the Human Development Lifetime Achievement Award to His Majesty the King to commemorate the 60th anniversary of his reign which brought utmost joy to the Thai public.

During the recent UN general assembly in New York, he added that the Thai government had expressed intention to make major reforms in Thailand and to implement the sufficiency economy as part of the national development scheme as well as to help create sustainable peace in the world.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2015-10-24 footer_n.gif

North Korea's sufficiency economy is working out great. I'm sure you will explain the payments to the rice farmers, rubber farmers, boat captains, etc... What an imbecile.

"the UN has played great roles in ending international disputes, promoting human rights"

But Prayut refuses insurgent group BRN's demand that the Prayut government follow " international norms" for international mediation and observation of the peace talks. Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan Prayut responded, "It's impossible." The government would lose control over the information flow that must be withheld from the public.

The UN is great but it doesn't know "Thainess." Prayut has a lot to teach the 193-member organization.

"the UN has played great roles in ending international disputes, promoting human rights"

But Prayut refuses insurgent group BRN's demand that the Prayut government follow " international norms" for international mediation and observation of the peace talks. Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan Prayut responded, "It's impossible." The government would lose control over the information flow that must be withheld from the public.

The UN is great but it doesn't know "Thainess." Prayut has a lot to teach the 193-member organization.

Also the UN had and is still turning a blind eye to certain atrocities done by a selected bunch of hooligans.

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Nothing like a little co operation , even from a leader that deposed a former Democratic elected Government and formed a Junta Dictatorship.coffee1.gif

The current U.S. government (Junta Dictatorship) did the exact same thing, in November,1963. At least Gen. Prayuth managed to pull it off, without murdering anyone. I personally salute the man, for having the courage to stand-up against a well-entrenched establishment, that was thoroughly putting the screws to the Thai rice farmers. Capiche?coffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

Also the UN had and is still turning a blind eye to certain atrocities done by a selected bunch of hooligans.

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

No correction required.coffee1.gif

Prayut is completely f'n stupid.

Time for a counter coup, I think.

lol, I love it when people are so dumb they think they are intelligent enough to call out others who are 10 times the man they will ever be.

Not you of course Mr WhizBang, a 'counter coup' seems like an excellent idea. Only I think nobody will swallow it as necessary until you put some terrorists on the streets and start murdering innocent civilians again. Or is that already the plan ?.

lol, I love it when people are so dumb they think they are intelligent enough to call out others who are 10 times the man they will ever be.

Not you of course Mr WhizBang, a 'counter coup' seems like an excellent idea. Only I think nobody will swallow it as necessary until you put some terrorists on the streets and start murdering innocent civilians again. Or is that already the plan ?.

Another typically brilliant "know-it-all" posting, from a member of the great, has been British empire! whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

Another typically brilliant "know-it-all" posting, from a member of the great, has been British empire! whistling.gif

What's that got to do with anything ?.

I think you and Mr Whizbang should get along famously. You have a lot in common.

What's that got to do with anything ?.

I think you and Mr Whizbang should get along famously. You have a lot in common.

Excuse me! If you can't take a punch, then don't deliver one, regardless how subtle. You're the egghead who was agreeing (in common) with the WhizBang bloke! Read your own English words, Sir John! Now, moving progressively along, on topiccoffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

Push forward from 18th century ideas to the 19th. Still only 200 years behind the rest of the world.

Must be in anticipation of those new steam engine trains coming from head office in China.

If you're currently enjoying the fruits of Thailand, then a life of living 200 years behind the rest of the world, is obviously good enough for you. Eh? So whats the basis of your complaint? Huh?coffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

On occasion of the United Nations Day which falls on 24 October, Gen Prayut remarked that the UN has played great roles in ending international disputes, promoting human rights.....
Yep the whole human rights department is now headed up by none other than Saudi Arabia.. That is a total oxymoron no ?
The U.N. is pushing everyone to sign on to agenda.2030 which is the after birth of agenda 21. Allot of feel good B.S. for those who believe government should control everything and everyone based upon a U.N. sponsored (probably made up in some cases) world consensus...
Talk about the old saying, "We are from the government and are here to help"!
I suggest run the other way unless you are a very poor third world country which is lucky enough to find A U.N. tit you can clamp down upon.. Even then there will be a price to pay.

Hey I'm English and as far as i'm concerned our empire is still great. My queen is still head of state for15 Commonwealth Realms in addition to the UK: Australia,New Zealand, Canada, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize,Papua New Guinea, St Christopher and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tuvalu, Barbados, Grenada, Solomon Islands, St Lucia and The Bahamas & United Kingdom which consists of England Scotland Wales and Northern island. The reason i say this is that i oppose nearly everything (political views in Thailand) that EnglishJohn comes out with so don't tar us all with the same brush...his views represent a minority here in Thailand and i would imagine at home too.