73-year-old German man falls from Pattaya condominium to death

Jonathan Fairfield

sadf. and how and why so many foreigners jumps of the balcony in Pattaya? and in Phuket they hangs themselves I wonder??

More low-rise buildings in Phuket. More high-rise buildings here.

I seem to remember reading that falls from below 10 stories are often not fatal.

I thought the deadly zone began at 40'.

I was in a union construction job and we got height pay above 40' because the survivability was very low at that height.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More low-rise buildings in Phuket. More high-rise buildings here.

I seem to remember reading that falls from below 10 stories are often not fatal.

I thought the deadly zone began at 40'.

I was in a union construction job and we got height pay above 40' because the survivability was very low at that height.

I think we have seen a trend in Industrial workplaces to require fall protection at ever lower and lower heights. It gets kind of funny when the lanyard on the harness is actually longer than the height the worker is working at.

If life is already so bad that the decision is made to take ones own life then can you imagine how much worse it would be if you survived the fall and became paralyzed?

Edited by ClutchClark

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I knew Alexander personally from Germany since 2011. I am very sad to read these news only now and not earlier. He should have arrived these weeks again to his hometown Munich. I recieved his last email end of september 2015. I suspected already that something must have gone wrong, since I havent received any answer for xmass/ny wishes. I met him quite often when he was here. As I know he didnt had too many contacts here and neither in Thailand. But I may not be right. Unfortunately I dont know any of his contacts. I didnt even had any idea where to search.

Anyway I know him as a happy and healthy person, with good humor. It is said that he didnt talked about his worries to me. He seemed to me well balanced. I feeling very sorry about that he may felt himself actually alone in Thailand. I would have gladly spent more time with him here, but he always wanted to go back to Thailand. Sun, See, Sommer. I wish I could turn back time, and let him calm down, or just to be on his side. I hope he didnt sufferd too much. I will miss you!

RIP Alexander!

Would not a smashed mobile phone be "signs of a struggle"? I see the cops deviated from the normal script and omitted to say, "there were no signs of a struggle," on this occasion. Probably because there was something visible and damaged in the room and they couldn't be bothered investigating it.

Easier just to take the wallet and valuables, literally, and issue a statement.

Maybe the final call was to his banker or broker?

Going out naked as the day you came into the world is sort of a fitting end.

Hats off to the guy--he controlled his own destiny all the way to the end.

Yes, I wonder why people are always so negative about suicide.. you live life for yourself and when you decide its time to go its your decision.

Of course if you have kids or other loved ones its a bit different, but if not.. your choice.. though I find jumping and letting others clean it up a bad thing. There are better ways to do it and making precautions that the ones who find you are not shocked.

Sadly there is just falling down a Thai Women at View Talay 2b. PLenty of police and emergency guys. RIP whoever you are.

I wonder if this will make a local headline, as we know not every incident get public.

Edited by alocacoc

Yes, I wonder why people are always so negative about suicide.. you live life for yourself and when you decide its time to go its your decision.

Of course if you have kids or other loved ones its a bit different, but if not.. your choice.. though I find jumping and letting others clean it up a bad thing. There are better ways to do it and making precautions that the ones who find you are not shocked.

You mean like digging the hole before you jump? Ok, I get my coat.

..Why would you say that he was controlling his destiny?

Not enough info here. He may have been mentally unstable or under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Not everyone who jumps naked from a balcony are "in control". I would say that most are not dealing with their problems in a healthy way.

Smashing a phone, stripping and then jumping off your balcony sounds like a very poor choice ...

Suicide should be the last course of action considered. Getting friends and family involved is much better. I hope this does not degrade to a petty argument on whether you have the right to kill yourself or not....as obviously, nobody I know has gone to jail for doing it.

Edited by slipperylobster