Name a SET listed company that interests you.

Barclays BCSpD

Wells Fargo WFCpJ

Fidelity uses a slightly different ticker format on preferreds. BCSPRJ and WFCPRD.....

I think for oil..you have to look at history...energy is a cycles of booms and busts....I am willing to bet that this won't be the first time that it doesn't come back....

Edited by bangmai

Forum is excellent idea. Tough to do due diligence on SET senior market listed stocks. Can I suggest that posters identify 3 things,

1. Age ( this should give a good idea of how much risk you are prepared to take ( seeking capital gains) or being comfortable with dividends to supplement your income.

2. How much investing experienced do you have ?

3. If you recommend a stock, provide a reference for where to start (I.e. Where you did your DD.)

for me:

1. 69

2. Been buying stocks since I was a CA student. (Margin)

3. Stocks I own. PER YIELD PEG*

BJCHI 9. 3.

STPI. 9 3

SIRI. 10. 6

SITHI. 14. 4

SVI Recovery 2014 plant fire

* PEG Later

Sources:

broker SCBS

Company IR Mail lists

Thai Capitalist

Reports on short selling and insider trades

Weekly Googling for latest news

Forum is excellent idea. Tough to do due diligence on SET senior market listed stocks. Can I suggest that posters identify 3 things,

1. Age ( this should give a good idea of how much risk you are prepared to take ( seeking capital gains) or being comfortable with dividends to supplement your income.

2. How much investing experienced do you have ?

3. If you recommend a stock, provide a reference for where to start (I.e. Where you did your DD.)

for me:

1. 69

2. Been buying stocks since I was a CA student. (Margin)

3. Stocks I own. PER YIELD PEG*

BJCHI 9. 3.

STPI. 9 3

SIRI. 10. 6

SITHI. 14. 4

SVI Recovery 2014 plant fire

* PEG Later

Sources:

broker SCBS

Company IR Mail lists

Thai Capitalist

Reports on short selling and insider trades

Weekly Googling for latest news

Excuse me if i read this wrong, but where you get a yield of 10.6 on SIRI, which doesn't pays a dividend and which PEG ratio is 1.5

In the OP, I stated to simply tell us about stocks that are worth following or interest you, not necessarily "Buys." It is still the internet, and may not be the best place to get stock advice, OTOH, neither is CNBC, or a bar stool. It may be a good place to get some ideas to research. Just like every other gambler, hunter, and fisherman; we like to talk a lot more about or winners than our losers. I've been trading since the days of StreetSmart for DOS. The huge reduction in brokerage fees was really helpful to me, when I switched to Scottrade in '99, as it allowed me to take smaller, reasonable positions, and cost average, as well as some short term trading. Nowadays, I almost never buy non-yielders, and/or tech stocks, and have realized there is good money to be made in cigarettes, beer, and utilities. This week, I took the plunge and went into MaybankKimEng. There was a big pile of forms to fill out. Nice lady. English was good enough. Looks like it will take a week or so to get it going.

I can recommend them, but don't expect an encyclopedia of details on taxes, etc.. Like a lot of things, I will learn on the fly.

• 3 weeks later...