Health Insurance For My Staff

I want to provide a basic health care program for my Thai staff (about 5 employees). I've looked at the BUPA website but I'm wondering if any other business owner / manager has experience with providing any other program to their staff. I'm looking for a basic program that will not be a paperwork nightmare. If anyone has suggestions or experiences with this, I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by earlofwindermere

I want to provide a basic health care program for my Thai staff (about 5 employees). I've looked at the BUPA website but I'm wondering if any other business owner / manager has experience with providing any other program to their staff. I'm looking for a basic program that will not be a paperwork nightmare. If anyone has suggestions or experiences with this, I'd love to hear from you.

we used bupa, seemed to be one of the larger insurers here.., seems pretty ok. be careful when travelling a lot as you might need a seperate travel insurance. The coverage seems adequate for Thai defintions, but when traveling to Europe or the States you probably don't want to end up in the hospital with the basic BUPA coverage.

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad to know that BUPA seems to work well in Thailand (where all my staff will work). I'm assuming that Prakan Sangkhom is the government program.

ประกันสังคม (Prakan Sangkhom) = Social Security

Edited by ~G~

We use AIA. It is a very good programme, and the coverage was better than the BUPA business options. However, they are much sticter in who they insure than BUPA as we had a couple of fairly healthy individuals who were turned down by AIA.

We also use alternative insurance when our staff travels abroad. Thai insurance is not going to do much when you are in the UK or the US.