Car dash camera in Thailand

Nepal4me

On 1/4/2017 at 9:39 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Well said ,my 3k dash-cams run for 3years in hot sun,never missed a beat,and is now 20 $ in Lazarda.Repro is every bit as good as those on Y Tube but I'm too dim to post an example

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, G1w for me. Will never spend more even if the benz costs 8mb

On 10/30/2015 at 7:37 AM, chiang mai said:

The G1W sold on lazada is not the same one that is sold on Amazon, a quick read of the instruction manual confirms this is a Chinese knock off - mine lasted two weeks!

wrong.

you just need to buy from a reliable seller, anywhere, amazon included.

2 hours ago, questionsreplies said:

wrong.

you just need to buy from a reliable seller, anywhere, amazon included.

Which part of my post was not clear to you, I wrote, " The G1W sold on lazada is not the same one that is sold on Amazon, a quick read of the instruction manual confirms this is a Chinese knock off - mine lasted two weeks"!!!

18 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Which part of my post was not clear to you, I wrote, " The G1W sold on lazada is not the same one that is sold on Amazon, a quick read of the instruction manual confirms this is a Chinese knock off - mine lasted two weeks"!!!

True. Since lazada was bought by the Chinese, they are flooded with loads of Chinese rubbish. Multiple pages of the very same crap cameras with prices from 800 baht to 2800 baht for the same rubbish. Better buying on amazon or be very selective on eBay, avoiding stuff coming directly from China an both instances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

My friend bought a 800 Bht one from Tesco Lotus ,it's as good as both of our posher ones,bit annoying, but I won't put it down because I've been had over.emoji87.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I bought a mini-cam style Russian branded car DVR for my first sports lorry for about 1800 baht. Lasted a couple of years before it baked in the sun. Then they brought out their latest version that included a second rear-view lens, GPS and G-sensor which was around 2800 baht. That lasted for a couple of years as well. All obsolete now and planning on cutting vents in the case and hanging a mini 5V cooling fan since nothing in the current market comes close. Been looking for a new dual-camera that is compatible with the current rear-view cam and has same mini-USB power connector to save buggering about with rewiring.

f900carDVR.jpg   

P9carDVR.jpg

• Like 1

In a hot country like Thailand, one problem with the cheaper dashcams is they use a built-in battery for when there is a loss of power. In a baking hot car, batteries are much more likely to fail than the capacitor you find in more expensive models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Good to hear, but have you at any time during those years checked that the camera is actually still recording?

Those memory cards do have a limited read/write life and in that time the card will have been over written many many times, Good practice to take out the card and play it on your computer occasionally, just to be sure.

A bit embarrassing if after an accident you need to show your cam footage and all you have is a black screen :shock1:   

I check mine about every month.

:smile:

Yep, check it every so often, and definitely within the last month.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 3:26 AM, chiang mai said:

You just don't know how to choose a correct seller. I also bought it on lazada 2 years ago and still no problem.

9 hours ago, kkerry said:

In a hot country like Thailand, one problem with the cheaper dashcams is they use a built-in battery for when there is a loss of power. In a baking hot car, batteries are much more likely to fail than the capacitor you find in more expensive models.

Ridiculous statement read everywhere but wrong. Dashcam under sun and powerbanks under sun for years, and still no problem. Stop repeating what you have no idea about.

On 1/26/2017 at 9:59 PM, NanLaew said:

True. Since lazada was bought by the Chinese, they are flooded with loads of Chinese rubbish. Multiple pages of the very same crap cameras with prices from 800 baht to 2800 baht for the same rubbish. Better buying on amazon or be very selective on eBay, avoiding stuff coming directly from China an both instances.

Funny, I can't san't stop laughing, as if Amazon was better ! Full of fakes and knock off exactly like lazada. The problem is not sellers, it's customers who have no idea how to choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amjamj said:

You just don't know how to choose a correct seller. I also bought it on lazada 2 years ago and still no problem.

Whether it lasts two weeks or two years is irrelevant, the fact is the lazada products are copies and not the same ones sold on Amazon.

28 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Whether it lasts two weeks or two years is irrelevant, the fact is the lazada products are copies and not the same ones sold on Amazon.

Absolutely not fact.

I bought my G1W from Lazada, it is not fake.

One of the key purchasing points is if it uses the NT96650 processor, the fakes do not. Do some research before posting your so called facts, because in this case you are wrong.

The headline of the product description indicates the processor type - if it was fake I would have returned it.

Here is the link again where I bought a real G1W from Ladada http://www.lazada.co.th/morestech-g1w-nt96650-full-hd-black-247101.html

Additionally, the fakes record in 720, the real ones record in 1080 same as mine does.

The fakes usually use AVI files. Mine doesn't, it creates .MOV files in full 1920x1080 resolution at 30 FPS.

Edit to add more ways to tell a fake - http://forum.spytecinc.com/index.php?threads/g1w-real-or-knock-off.24/

Edited by Pomthai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pomthai said:

Absolutely not fact.

I bought my G1W from Lazada, it is not fake.

One of the key purchasing points is if it uses the NT96650 processor, the fakes do not. Do some research before posting your so called facts, because in this case you are wrong.

The headline of the product description indicates the processor type - if it was fake I would have returned it.

Here is the link again where I bought a real G1W from Ladada http://www.lazada.co.th/morestech-g1w-nt96650-full-hd-black-247101.html

Additionally, the fakes record in 720, the real ones record in 1080 same as mine does.

The fakes usually use AVI files. Mine doesn't, it creates .MOV files in full 1920x1080 resolution at 30 FPS.

Edit to add more ways to tell a fake - http://forum.spytecinc.com/index.php?threads/g1w-real-or-knock-off.24/

I bought the same model from the same supplier, morestech and it's a fake. If you read the instructions that come with it you will see a number of spelling errors in it, a sure sign of a poor copy - the verbiage alone in the documentation confirms it's not written for sale in other than in this region.

9 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I bought the same model from the same supplier, morestech and it's a fake. If you read the instructions that come with it you will see a number of spelling errors in it, a sure sign of a poor copy - the verbiage alone in the documentation confirms it's not written for sale in other than in this region.

What is the resolution of your video?

Are the files AVI or MOV?

Does your have an HDMI port?

The instruction book is irrelevant. The hardware is what matters.

If yours has 1080P resolution on the output videos, an HDMI port and the file type is .MOV it probably isn't a fake. Even if it came with badly translate instructions.

If your video output is a 720 AVI file its fake.

Additionally, doesn't matter where you purchased from, this camera is manufactured in China. There are many re-sellers and many translations for the instruction manual.

https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

Again, having a badly translated manual does not mean its fake. The real indicators I've spelled out above. More than once.

Edited by Pomthai
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pomthai said:

What is the resolution of your video?

Are the files AVI or MOV?

Does your have an HDMI port?

The instruction book is irrelevant. The hardware is what matters.

If yours has 1080P resolution on the output videos, an HDMI port and the file type is .MOV it probably isn't a fake. Even if it came with badly translate instructions.

If your video output is a 720 AVI file its fake.

I know nobody likes to be told their baby is ugly but that seller/product is not the original. I ditched the unit about a year ago, ditched as in it got filed in a bottom drawer somewhere. But I will try and find it and the documentation and answer your question although I'm running around currently getting ready to depart for the UK hence no guarantees on this! I bought that unit from Lazada for around 1400 baht, it included a separate battery pack/charger which was a sweetner, both lasted under two weeks. Try reading this:

http://trustedcompany.com/sg/lazada.sg-reviews

Or do a web search and read any of the hundreds of articles saying the same thing.

Some flames have been removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 2/1/2017 at 5:11 AM, amjamj said:

Two years ago lazada wasn't owned by the Chinese... but you being the savvy online shopper knew this already.

On 2/1/2017 at 5:16 AM, amjamj said:

Funny, I can't san't stop laughing, as if Amazon was better ! Full of fakes and knock off exactly like lazada. The problem is not sellers, it's customers who have no idea how to choose.

Of course there are fakes and knock-offs on amazon but there are more options on amazon to filter out the dross. Even eBay has better tools to bypass the rubbish. When you search lazada now, it has hundreds of pages of the same item, all using the same picture and all from varying Chinese sellers with varying prices and no way of filtering the crap from the really crap... but you being the savvy online shopper knew this already.

The think to remember about dash cameras...of any kind.....is that as a witness they are massively unreliable and open to total destruction in a court of law....anyone who has ever seriously taken a photo of made a video will tell you how the camera is an inveterate liar.......and also a fickle friend - it can also record all YOUR mistakes for others to use against you.

• Like 1

http://www.lazada.co.th/anytek-3in1-safefirst-t1sfullhdhd-kingston16g-class1080mbs-7394239.html

TGF just ordered this dual Anytek car camera from Lazada.

It has not been delivered yet that TGF has already been told that mirror-mounted front camera are no good.

I never had a car camera myself and must inform me by what I read on the Internet.

Can any BM comment on my post ?

Thanks in advance... :smile:

3 hours ago, jayceenik said:

http://www.lazada.co.th/anytek-3in1-safefirst-t1sfullhdhd-kingston16g-class1080mbs-7394239.html

It has not been delivered yet that TGF has already been told that mirror-mounted front camera are no good.

I never had a car camera myself and must inform me by what I read on the Internet.

They all serve their basic purpose of recording whatever is ahead (and behind in your case). It's all down to personal preference. I do not like mirror mounted simply because I cannot get used to the tint that they used. 

I am presently using the Xiao Mi Yi Dash cam that I bought when I was in China. Been working very well so far except the battery seems to be gone.. Since the Ford that I used to drive had is accessory port always powered and I was too lazy to disconnect it every time I park the vehicle. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jayceenik said:

There are lots of these cameras around going by different names.

Last March, at the Bangkok Motor Show I bought one from a company in Bangkok. They called it Mega Cam by Dengo. It has a two year warranty and it has been replaced once under warranty.

The problem seems to be associated with the voltage surge on engine start up. Apparently best to unplug after you switch the engine off and plug in again after start up.

It plugs into the cigarette lighter. My lighter has no supply when the ignition is off.  I would have much preferred a camera using USB feed as it would have hidden the wiring.

It has front and rear cameras. You can also connect a separate wire from the reversing lights to the rear camera and then you will get those reversing guide lines when reverse is selected.

Playback is either

On the mirror

On a PC using the SD Card

On your phone using the SD Card 

It will record when off if the car gets a ‘jolt’. Picture quality is ok but hard to read number plates. It is supposed to continue recording if you shut off the picture … I don’t trust it and also find it a little off putting at night. Don’t buy the cheaper version which has the picture on the right side of the mirror.

At some stage I’ll replace it with one of those all singing all dancing Blackvue things. When somehow I manage to justify the cost ....

If you want the company details and GPS coordinates, I have them. They do speak english and are helpful.

Edited by JAS21