Why are most old men covered in Tattoos

IN RESPONSE TO 'THE GUY FROM'

I was only responding to the comment by Soi Biker as to why i and i think some others may have a different opinion to him. It was not me who brought up the subject of sex!. I try and take care not to be judgemental so I have read my Post again and i cannot see that i suggested either you or anyone else know nothing about real sex. If you look at my Post and yours again (and that I know nuttin about real sex because I don't chase hookers) you will see that you made that one up! I also commented positively re somebody lucky enough to have an enthusiastic partner not driven by financial motivation

Re being judgemental i quote your penultimate sentence 'So, how on earth can I be in a mood with a girl who's only purpose in life is to extract sperm for a payment?

Followed in your final sentence by. 'Again.... I am not saying it's wrong. I am not judging like you are'.

Hypocrisy is the best word i think

beatdeadhorse.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just older farangs who have lots of tatoos. During my six months in Tokyo each year, I work out at the Yokota AB fitness center several times a week. You would be amazed to see the large number of young service men and women who have extensive tatoos!

Really?

I went to Tokyo several times and clearly remember signs displayed at the gym that anyone with tattoos would not be allowed in the premises.

AB is airbase.

OB

It's just low class, how many surgeons or dentists have them ?

How many high court judges? Scientists? Bank managers? Barristers?

Does the queen of England have inked up " sleeves ", the king of Thailand ?

Get real all you cartoon people, turn around I want to read the other page.

Do half of these people even understand the " art " they are getting inked with,

What it means ? .....duh....or is it fashion because it looks good now.

Fashions come and go, tattoos don't.

If I have a heart attack I do not want to see my cardiac surgeon with love and

Hate on his knuckles, think I will find another one.....

It used to be a sign of low intelligence, guess what, it still is a sign of low intelligence.

Brillaint really because when you see these walking fashion cartoon people you know no need to worry,

They have less brains than a monkey, yep, instant IQ indicator..........

I gather from your post you consider yourself intelligent ?

Well if he doesn't, nobody else will!

A troll comment and response to it have been removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Alright then, back on track.

Former military and maritime are often the older guys sporting the tats but, for most over 40 you'll generally find its a class thing too.

Where I'm originally from, virtually no one of any age has tats however, on the other side of town, many do. Guys from the other side of town are mostly working class, often lack strong role models and lack great opportunities.

If I'm to generalise, aside from ex servicemen and maritime workers, it's these guys from the other side of town that made their way here. I don't doubt that many servicemen are also from that side of town.

Lads <40 these days sporting full sleeve tats are different to the older guys the OP refers to often seen trawling their way up and down Suk.

It's these older guys also that generally will have to pay for it hence being within a stones throw of Nana and Cowboy.

+40 guys around Lad Phrao/Phahonyothin for example generally will not be sporting tats. It's a generalisation but I know I'm on the money.

Edited by JoopJoop

They're not a rare breed

at all. You seem to be

suggesting that most

women typically don't

enjoy sex unless they're

receivingsome sort of

inducement.

How ridiculous. I don't

think you guys really

know very much about

women.

Not quite what i meant but i can see now.how it could read that way. What I am saying is that inducements may well lead to greater reward. I am a man so of course i do not know much about woman. I see from your profile that you are also male so i presume you do not either !

I know enough to have

no doubt that most of

them enjoy a good shag

as much if not more than

a man (they can have

multiple orgasms) and

good old attraction is

more than enough to

extract a fantastic

performance from them

in the sack.

I believe that most of us have been indoctrinated from birth (by a combination of parents, church, education, government) that the correct and best way to lead our life is in monogamy and therefore that only the best sex can be had in a willing / loving? relationship. We are also indoctrinated to believe that girls are 'made of sugar and spice and all things nice' Many of us of course realise sometime in our lives that neither of these indoctrinated beliefs are necessarily true. Regrettably many women are very strongly motivated for financial reasons, not just here in Thailand but in the West. Look in the female profiles on UK online dating columns or the lonely hearts newspaper ads. and in addition to the compulsory GSOH requirement i am sure you will also see 'must have own house / own car'! They are of course only interested in a loving relationship ??

Great post and so very true on western cultures indoctrination. It is and always has been what I considered a cult following and some deep brainwashing. The world is a very interesting place.

I am in agreement with you, paid for sex has always been best for me too.

But you have missed out the 'skill' factor, hookers have had a lot more practice with their skill set.

Even an enthusiastic amateur would be unlikely to provide any competition.

And I'm guessing here, but most of the guys seeking 'love' probably wouldn't be happy with a girl that had had much in the way of practice with hundreds of different partners.

I do find it interesting that sex seems to drive the great majority of the men in Thailand. While I do not want to pass judgment on anyone as I have always said "Whatever works", it does seem like such a shallow and meaningless existence. Sex is only a part of the bigger picture. I feel that some of you guys have a chip on your shoulder and have something to prove to themselves and the ones paying for it now probably had a boring, sheltered, non existent sex life growing up. So anything above missionary is "INCREDIBLE" but then again what are they comparing it too?? On the other hand some of us had great wild sex for free going through college and out and about and have now grown to see that there is a lot more then a freaky night busting a nut with some young girl. Some how I think the older guys paying for it all the time cannot find it any other way. But again, nothing wrong with it, this is just my opinion. They offer a service, the men pay and feel they got out of it what they wanted. I know I couldn't fathom being with a gal that had sex with hundreds, maybe thousands of men.

All I can conclude here is that for some of you, your pre-Thailand sex lives were rather lame.

I tend to agree SoiBiker. I much prefer the monogamous relationship as I have gotten older as there is so much more to build on. But we are all different.

Military, maritime, or low self esteem/intellect.

That's my take on older guys having tats.

David Beckham..

Well, in some eyes he's an older guy now..smile.png

Your thoughts....?

The thing is with Beckham it doesn't really matter . With his talent and style and appearance and money and unlike some or most of us, he will not be having to front up for a job interview ,covering up his tatts on a stinking hot day with long sleeves . I really can't see him applying for a job ,for example , selling funeral plans or selling washing machines anytime in the near future .

Tatts can look on some people who have the ability to wear them well but for most tatts make the wearer look like a wannabe.

The thing is with Beckham it doesn't really matter . With his talent and style and appearance and money and unlike some or most of us, he will not be having to front up for a job interview ,covering up his tatts on a stinking hot day with long sleeves . I really can't see him applying for a job ,for example , selling funeral plans or selling washing machines anytime in the near future .

This is a topic about 'old men with tattoos'

None of us will be attending job interviews either.

I am neither young or old. I am 42.

I have nothing against old people. I am just commenting on what I see every single day. I'd say more than 80% of older Farang in Bangkok are covered in them.

I will save commenting on young guys or people my age for another thread.

When I was in Canada I would think that a security guard or a cop would look stupid and untrustworthy having them.

It is my opinion, but then so what?

I think it's low class.

I think you will find out that the guys covered in Tattoos were already ugly before they had them done.

Tattoos are just like facial hair and fat bellies, you will never see a good looking guy who deliberately disfigures themselves.

One thing in common about them all is they always have plenty of money, or they would never get a woman.

Have you fallen off the wagon, as that might explain your delirious post. Sober up man.

Been on the wagon all my life, so how can I fall off? Answer please.

How pgrahmm do tattoos look more trashy on western ladies but 'exotically alluring' on Thai women. I'm genuinely interested in this notion of yours.

That would depend on the girl, and the design of the tattoo.

But if we are comparing a 100Kg western with a 45Kg Asian, I think I could predict the answer.

How pgrahmm do tattoos look more trashy on western ladies but 'exotically alluring' on Thai women. I'm genuinely interested in this notion of yours.

Average woman in the US is around 165 lbs & skin tones as well as size, age,colors and themes come into play....A Thai gal can still look youthful, alluring and kittenish into their 50's whereas most western gals do not age as well as their Thai sisters - looking older and frumpier....adding cartoons to their body doesn't help - especially when the arm bands become bracelets & colors/skin is no longer tight and vibrant...Someone coined them tramp stamps (backside).....for a reason....

Thai tattoos seem to have a more spiritual theme versus just about anything "whimsy" dictates at the time as in the "west".....

Don't care for it on gals/or anyone - but in my opinion the Thai gals wear them better....

i have one request, don't influence thai girls into getting tatts, it ruins them.

Dude, girls, Thai or otherwise, can do what they want. They aren't 'ruined' because they don't conform to your stereotype of what a Thai girl should be.
They aren't ruined in your eyes as no doubt you are tattood up to the eyeballs. Some like it some don't thats the way it goes. Edited by scubascuba3

i have one request, don't influence thai girls into getting tatts, it ruins them.

Dude, girls, Thai or otherwise, can do what they want. They aren't 'ruined' because they don't conform to your stereotype of what a Thai girl should be.
They aren't ruined in your eyes as no doubt you are tattood up to the eyeballs. Some like it some don't thats the way it goes.

Nope. I don't have a single tattoo. They're not really my thing, as I've already said.

I think tatoos are ugly on chicks as well as blokes. I don't want my body to look like a circus.

And I don't think all old men are covered in tatoos, but visit any bar in Pattaya and 90% of the farangs are covered in it. .

They aren't ruined in your eyes as no doubt you are tattood up to the eyeballs. Some like it some don't thats the way it goes.

I don't think Mormon missionaries are allowed to have tattoos.

I may be wrong.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I don't think Mormon missionaries are allowed to have tattoos.

I may be wrong.

I've no idea. Why don't you ask one?