Retirement extension requires police visit

So I went for another retirement extension, and now they give 30 days pending a police visit to our home. Is this nationwide or just a thing being done by the local immigration office (I'm in the NE)?

I guess I'll be switching to the family extension, since the benefit of showing 800KBaht for 90 days is gone.

Definitely a new thing ...did mine in udon 8 months ago. No visit.

also...never needed to open a bank account here. Just showed them my income deposits in my bank back home, and the affidavit from the Embassy.

There is a complete laundry list....(i think it's pinned or under the visa section). Never did medical before either. Also, just had a copy of my lease (no id/book from home owner). Will at least get the copy of the ID/owners papers this time, but will forgo the medical (unless the issue comes up again). Have to renew my extension in January.

Edited by slipperylobster

Marriage extension has a visit.....Well I did.....Nice guys, had a fag and drink...thumbsup.gif

I don't mind them coming out, but I mind the long drive, over half a day used up each visit. I did the retirement extension so I could get it in one trip. At least before.

Edited by KhunG
  • Like 1

Definitely a new thing ...did mine in udon 8 months ago. No visit.

also...never needed to open a bank account here. Just showed them my income deposits in my bank back home, and the affidavit from the Embassy.

There is a complete laundry list....(i think it's pinned or under the visa section). Never did medical before either. Also, just had a copy of my lease (no id/book from home owner). Will at least get the copy of the ID/owners papers this time, but will forgo the medical (unless the issue comes up again). Have to renew my extension in January.

I brought the bank account and letter for the account I transfer into, but they wanted a copy of the other bank book that I transfer funds to monthly (that one has an ATM card, so I don't leave too much in it.)

I actually own the house and have a USUFRCT on the land, but they wanted TW's ID anyway.

They didn't say anything about medical.

• Like 1

A few people on marriage visas around my way who have been here for years (NE) have been visited in the last 2 or 3 months, but the worst thing about it is that the Immigration Police visiting have demanded 3 thousand Bahts "petrol" money,, "or we can make your life difficult" bah.gif

And no I'm not going to go into detail about where & from which office as I don't want a visit myself thanks...

A few people on marriage visas around my way who have been here for years (NE) have been visited in the last 2 or 3 months, but the worst thing about it is that the Immigration Police visiting have demanded 3 thousand Bahts "petrol" money,, "or we can make your life difficult" bah.gif

And no I'm not going to go into detail about where & from which office as I don't want a visit myself thanks...

And Kap Choeng really would have a nerve were they to adopt a similar line in the case of home visits for retirement extensions. Would definitely add insult to injury for local retirees, I think.

In any case, I firmly believe that all Kap Choeng retirees who are in an identical situation to the OP's should definitely follow his suggestion and go down the marriage route for future extensions. Little to lose and plenty to gain, I think - especially from the 400,000 THB spending spree which they'll now be able to go on before their next extension is due (as no doubt invaluably assisted by their teeraks, of course)!laugh.png

Don't know whether Kap Choeng still approve retirement extensions locally following the "under consideration" period, or whether these are now referred up the line for final approval as in the case of marriage extensions. But if retirement extensions are still approved locally, retirees switching to marriage for their extensions can now bask (silently, of course) in the satisfaction of having exacted sweet revenge on Kap Choeng on the account of the extra work which processing marriage - as distinct from retirement - extensions causes them!tongue.png

Edited by OJAS

I find that hard to believe...

• Like 1

I find that hard to believe...

Yeah, well, find it as you like, fact is i witnessed (overheard) exactly that when those parasites showed up at a friends place (he's well over 60, on a NON-O dependant with one son here aged 7 or 8, poured a lot of money & most of all high-quality-manpower in that place, took well care of his gf's very sick mother, all paperwork stainless not to mention ...), while i waited out on his terrace for them to finish their bs & get lost again, so they hadn't seen me by then.

Pretty disgusting altough i couldn't hear any particular threat delivered on that occasion, must have been about 4 or 5 months ago, a northern jurisdiction, let's leave it at that ...

And yes, they literally asked for 'petrol money', he gave em 1 grand and the second pretty useless dude wanted even more ... that's when i showed up 'as my beer was empty' and both him and his gf as well got really pissed & told em to just eff off real quick which they did, nothing heard ever since ...

Extremely useless parasites as obviously all too many of em are, but i might have mentioned that already ...

I'm not going to go into detail about where & from which office as I don't want a visit myself thanks...

Why not? They're not going to find your name and abode details by just reading this thread. I'm sure they have better things to do than read farang forums.

• Like 1