Report Non Imm O appl. Thai Cons. KL

I've just came back from KL's Thai consulate, where I've applied and obtained a Non Immigrant O Visa based on Marriage, and I have to say that it was a bad experience.

I arrived there at 9.30 and there were already 30 people before me waiting for apply… not a big deal. At 10.20 they called my number and I handed to the lady at the counter the following paperwork:

1. Application duly filled out and signed

2. 1 Photo passport size

3. Copy of my Passport (page with all the info and pic)

4. Letter of my wife asking a visa for me (not mandatory but someone says is useful)

5. Copy of Marriage certificate

6. Copy of the ID of my wife

7. Copy of the Tabian Baan

She asked me to take a seat and wait up. At 11.30, after more than one hour, she called me back to the counter and she asked me a further documentation: “The Bank statement” proving that I had 400k deposited in my account. Please note that I just asked a single entry, non a multi-entry.

Fortunately I had with me the bank book updated on Oct. 25th and a copy of the last page. I waited again patiently until 12.15 and finally I paid 300 ringgit and told to come back the next day at 14.30.

I saw many people pissed off with this new procedure and strict requirements… personally I'll try to avoid this consulate for the future.

• Like 2

There have been many reports about KL not being the best place to obtain any visa!

At least they accepted your application!

Yes, but few months ago a friend of mine went there for the same visa and the proof of funds wasn't a requirement.

Where was the bad experience?

Farang loss of face.

I've just came back from KL's Thai consulate,

Pretty sure in KL it would be an embassy, not a consulate.

I saw many people pissed off with this new procedure and strict requirements… personally I'll try to avoid this consulate for the future.
Edited by Suradit69

if you had the 400K in a bank account why not get an extension within Thailand? If the money had not been seasoned for long enough you could have got an extension to cover the time required for seasoning.

The answer is very simple, I was under annual extension until august 31st, I did not have 400 k and therefore I asked an extension of 60 days and I booked my trip to KL, very convenient for me since I live in Phuket. I've got my funds 3 weeks ago... and beside the fact that it's also pleasant living Thailand once in awhile, I couldn't have asked for any further extension... could I?

if you had the 400K in a bank account why not get an extension within Thailand? If the money had not been seasoned for long enough you could have got an extension to cover the time required for seasoning.

The answer is very simple, I was under annual extension until august 31st, I did not have 400 k and therefore I asked an extension of 60 days and I booked my trip to KL, very convenient for me since I live in Phuket. I've got my funds 3 weeks ago... and beside the fact that it's also pleasant living Thailand once in awhile, I couldn't have asked for any further extension... could I?

If you ever find yourself in a similar situation again, the consulate at Penang might prove a better choice of destination for a new non-O.

• Like 2

Siriam, what was the nationality of your passport? What were the nationalities of the other passports applicants that you can remember?

I'm Italian... the others I really don't know...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

I jst returned from Penang & applied for the same visa but multi entry. 400k not required but bank statement only. No problems submit paperwork & pick up visa next day. Peice of cake.

• Like 2