End of Era with tourist visa?

The info I have seen posted on embassy websites is the equivalent of 200k baht in the the bank for 6 months. Not an income. It is a long term seasoning of the funds before applying. Apparently they don't want you borrowing the money the day before you apply.

UJ

That would make more sense, however some of the postings in this and other threads are showing requirements for minimum income, and employment are they not?

EG post #79 (above) and http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867242-what-is-the-status-of-the-supposed-new-kind-of-visa/?p=10027611 relating to Zurich

I'm waiting to see what the UK Embassy does, as so far there's no mention of the METV on their site.

The post you linked to states the same thing that I wrote.

"Prove of funds in a bank account of at least 7500 CHF for the last 6 month"

That does not say you have be putting 7500 CHF in the bank every month.

I don't recall any of websites that have posted the info saying you need a minimum income.

The info I have seen posted on embassy websites is the equivalent of 200k baht in the the bank for 6 months. Not an income. It is a long term seasoning of the funds before applying. Apparently they don't want you borrowing the money the day before you apply.

UJ

That would make more sense, however some of the postings in this and other threads are showing requirements for minimum income, and employment are they not?

EG post #79 (above) and http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867242-what-is-the-status-of-the-supposed-new-kind-of-visa/?p=10027611 relating to Zurich

I'm waiting to see what the UK Embassy does, as so far there's no mention of the METV on their site.

The post you linked to states the same thing that I wrote.

"Prove of funds in a bank account of at least 7500 CHF for the last 6 month"

That does not say you have be putting 7500 CHF in the bank every month.

I don't recall any of websites that have posted the info saying you need a minimum income.

UJ - well yes it does - I re-read it after it was too late to edit my post...BUT....... that same link also says:

• Prove of a job in your country of residence

which is the bad news, as from that, I infer that one must not only have the "seasoned" funds but must ALSO have a job.

That would be bad news for me as although I can show the funds, I don't have the job.

So from that, however wealthy someone may be, it looks as if they still have to have a job to qualify.

Logically, it would be good if it was seasoned funds OR a job....but that's not how i read it....how about you?

And, as I've said as part of another thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867242-what-is-the-status-of-the-supposed-new-kind-of-visa/?p=10030261 I just want to be a tourist and anyway, I don't qualify for an O or OA according to the UK embassy site....but...why would i want all that hassle for a holiday?

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

According to the Bangkok post today? page 2, you will need to show 6 months worth of bank statements showing a monthly income of 4000 pounds plus you need to supply mounds of other paperwork. Already the new multi visa looks impractical for all intents and purposes.

If anything the amount is on the low side.

£4000 for a 6 month holiday is not a lot of spending power

I think what a lot of people are looking at is renewing/re-applying for a new METV when the first one runs out. As a means for an easier route to extended stay in Thailand. It isn't going to work that way IMO (with the information that is currently available).

I have read that a lot of the embassies are stating confirmation that the applicants are currently employed when applying for the METV. In that case fine, it should be no problem to replenish the required amount into their accounts.

But please tell me how many jobs are going to allow employees up to 6 months off? This is the bit that i really cannot understand, considering it is only applying for a tourist visa, albeit a multi entry one.

IMO, if this stipulation remains, the METV will die the death because not enough people will be able to use it, for tourist reasons.

• Like 1

According to the Bangkok post today? page 2, you will need to show 6 months worth of bank statements showing a monthly income of 4000 pounds plus you need to supply mounds of other paperwork. Already the new multi visa looks impractical for all intents and purposes.

I think what a lot of people are looking at is renewing/re-applying for a new METV when the first one runs out. As a means for an easier route to extended stay in Thailand. It isn't going to work that way IMO (with the information that is currently available).

I have read that a lot of the embassies are stating confirmation that the applicants are currently employed when applying for the METV. In that case fine, it should be no problem to replenish the required amount into their accounts.

But please tell me how many jobs are going to allow employees up to 6 months off? This is the bit that i really cannot understand, considering it is only applying for a tourist visa, albeit a multi entry one.

IMO, if this stipulation remains, the METV will die the death because not enough people will be able to use it, for tourist reasons.

But please tell me how many jobs are going to allow employees up to 6 months off? Well there are those of us who are self-employed who can set their own agenda (work in home country for 6 months, holiday for 6 months) but, in essence I agree that there probably aren't enough of us to make the change worthwhile. The existing double or triple entry Tourist visa however was just right! If it ain't broke, let's fix it anywayfacepalm.gif

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

But please tell me how many jobs are going to allow employees up to 6 months off? Well there are those of us who are self-employed who can set their own agenda (work in home country for 6 months, holiday for 6 months) but, in essence I agree that there probably aren't enough of us to make the change worthwhile. The existing double or triple entry Tourist visa however was just right! If it ain't broke, let's fix it anywayfacepalm.gif

It does appear to be an additional 'weeding' process aimed at their 'quality' tourist agenda.

However, again IMO, rich tourists do not contribute towards the local tourist industry nearly as much as the backpacker/'average income tourist does. it is a flawed argument that the rich put more money into the community.

Once the 'rich' tourist checks into their 4/5 star hotels or resorts, the establishments contain them, directing the profits into said businesses. Can't blame them for it.

To me, the entire concept of quality over quantity, in the tourist field, needs to be re-thought if the tourist communities are to profit and not just the 4/5 star and package hotels/resorts.