KODI for newbs in Bangkok

doccalamity

I decided to take a look at the world of iptv streaming after running out of interesting tv to watch on netflix.

Here is my situation:

I decided to install kodi on the pc that is plugged in to my big tv. The pc is normally a gaming pc using steam so the specs are high 32gb ram i7 3.5Ghz. Network connection is true 50 down and 5 up. Pretty fast most of the time. I live in down town bangkok and the speeds are generally pretty good. I run through vpn if needed at times.

Anyway, to the question. Now that kodi is installed how do I get channels? I have done some research, but there is too much to sort through and it seems that you need local advice to get it right.

I do not mind paying for a service at all if that makes things easier and more reliable. I just don't know where to start. I don't watch any sports, I love movies, tv series, home improvement programs, documentaries, travel shows, history, that kind of thing. I prefer American/Canadian/British programming.

Thanks,

I would remove Kodi.

Go to tvaddons.ag

Follow the instructions to install TVMC for Windows, which is a preconfigured Kodi. Follow the instructions and it will install addons for you.

Then do some reading.

Do some playing with it, and once you're up and running, you'll have a better idea of how to install Kodi and choose/install other addons of your choice.

Edited by Chicog

@doccalarnity, very much I'm in similar situation likes you, except the high speed connection and a nice PC :-)

I learnt that iflix is in operation and it aims for southeast Asia markets, include Thailand. at THB100 / month subscription, this Netflix-look-alike offers viewing on desktop and couple of mobile devices. not try yet, perhaps you could take a look on it. they offer one month free trial.

www.iflix.com

have fun !

I would remove Kodi.

Go to tvaddons.ag

Follow the instructions to install TVMC for Windows, which is a preconfigured Kodi. Follow the instructions and it will install addons for you.

Then do some reading.

Do some playing with it, and once you're up and running, you'll have a better idea of how to install Kodi and choose/install other addons of your choice.

Thanks for this Chicog. Installed it tonight and watched my first movie via my HTPC connected to TV. Pure gold!

Thanks guys. I followed chicog's advice and installed TVMC. Loving it, thanks. I will also check out iflix today and see how that goes. When you pick a show you get all these streaming options for different streams. How do you pick one? I just pick something at random I, is there a better way?

Watching deadiest catch right now.

Thanks guys. I followed chicog's advice and installed TVMC. Loving it, thanks. I will also check out iflix today and see how that goes. When you pick a show you get all these streaming options for different streams. How do you pick one? I just pick something at random I, is there a better way?

Watching deadiest catch right now.

No, and it can be hit or miss whether they're up or not.

You gets what you pays for.

tongue.png